Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Spriests and Spirit

I have a question about spirit. I know that the glyph of shadow gives us sp based on spirit, and I know there some talents that do the same, but is spirit something that I should worry about having on my gear? Or is it something that is just nice to have? It seems that a lot of the gear with spirit on it only has sp and nothing else. Crit and haste seem more important. Thank you in advance for your guys' help.

Re: Spriests and Spirit

Quote Originally Posted by HotSorceress
    I have a question about spirit. I know that the glyph of shadow gives us sp based on spirit, and I know there some talents that do the same, but is spirit something that I should worry about having on my gear? Or is it something that is just nice to have? It seems that a lot of the gear with spirit on it only has sp and nothing else. Crit and haste seem more important. Thank you in advance for your guys' help.
    It's a free bonus, but not something you go out of your way for.

The only exception: 2 blue gems turn into Spell Power and Spirit, to get your meta.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Technically with hit being valued at 1.31 pp now, the best blue gems are shining Forest Emeralds... of course you need to be under the hit cap to utilise them, but from what I can tell from Uld gear, gemming for hit won't be a bad idea.

Gemming for hit is bad.
    Spirit is bad
    Meta Requirements are an ass.

When you are trying for 2 blue gems for your meta, find gear where you have a socket bonus which rewards crit or spellpower, put a purified something something in there (spellpower/spirit)

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Barthilas&n=Strykie

Ulduar has like 800 gear pieces, I already saw like 3 with insane amount of hit. Why would you gem for hit for god's sake? What Strykzor said.

Quote Originally Posted by Strykzor
    Gemming for hit is bad.
    Spirit is bad
    Generalizing is bad

Gemming for hit can be good if your possible gear combinations include a choice between being 20 over the hit cap or gaining 12 spell power but being 4 under the hit cap and then gemming for a little hit.

Spirit gives regen and a little spell power. Spirit is good. Prioritizing spirit over another damage stat is bad.
    Drunk toddlers in a dryer

Perhaps you want to gem for hit to utitlize the thing gems were MADE FOR.

If you get a new item, and suddenly lacks 16 hit. Then you replace a gem, and ping, hit capped again. Rather than switching a item, and getting 20 hit to much.

*sigh*

Try talk to the other caster classes, that's what they do. Priest works like all the other casters now, get it? ALSO from a gem perspective.

Every time someone disagrees with me about an aspect of playing a shadow priest, i laugh to myself.
    I laugh because i now know they will NEVER match me.

Quote Originally Posted by Flyingmoo
    If you're so pro link your armoury
    Armory my name. if it means so, so much too you.

Nice unguilded not hit capped naxx geared priest you got there.

Having fun in Ulduar fail pugs?

Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia
    Nice unguilded not hit capped naxx geared priest you got there.

Having fun in Ulduar fail pugs?
    Unguilded because thats my choice, i have taken a break from wow.
    Hit Cap is not important, I play by my own rules, I play better than ANY OTHER SPRIEST
    I don't pug, I never will.

But, Keep trying to demean me because Im still better than you, so that makes you worse.

15+ Year Old Account

Fail troll is fail.

But, Keep trying to demean me because Im still better than you, so that makes you worse.
    Nice logic...

Hit Cap is not important, I play by my own rules, I play better than ANY OTHER SPRIEST

Actually you play by the games rules. And you are a terrible player if you think being under hit-cap allows you to play better than any other Shadow Priest.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Quote Originally Posted by Heriana
    Nice logic...
    That's not logic. That's logic's retarded little brother, sophism.

Not currently in a guild, and never run with PUGs... but confident you play better than "ANY OTHER SPRIEST".

Its called "being a legend in your own mind".

You feel certain that you play better than all the people you've never seen play? All those other spriests you've never grouped with?

Nice fantasy you have there.
    I take some solace in the fact that even though my snarky reply to someone's condescending rhetorical question earned me a 1-week ban, my post was not deleted. I was rather proud of that bit of snark, and I am glad it lives on.

He proved he was trolling, that was all I wanted to achieve

We can simply ignore him now.

God.. what an idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by Yseraboy
    Not currently in a guild, and never run with PUGs... but confident you play better than "ANY OTHER SPRIEST".

Its called "being a legend in your own mind".

You feel certain that you play better than all the people you've never seen play? All those other spriests you've never grouped with?

Nice fantasy you have there.
    If you aren't retarded you can look at my achievements, I don't see how any pug can get Glory of the Heroic Raider.

I know im a 'Legend' as you call it.

I don't need to know that other Spriests are good, no doubt about it, I also know I dont make a wrong move. I play my class perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by syanid
    God.. what an idiot.
    If you play this game based on math you should stop playing, logic IS NOT MATH, gtfo.

15+ Year Old Account

Stop feeding the troll guise. They feed on your te....errr hate.