my sp is 2009 with arcane intellect
    3.8k was in 10 mans, 3.2 in 5 mans and target dummies

any suggestions on gear? i am not in a raiding guild

Re: is 3.2-3.8k dps good in this gear?

Sure

glyph of mirror image >_<?

I notice a few issues that can easily be fixed.&#160; Your shoulder and head enchants need to be switched to the non-resilience ones.&#160; Wherever possible use Hit > Dmg > Haste > Crit when looking at gear/gems if you plan on staying arcane. Arcane has a very small crit modifier.

You need to get the Chaotic meta gem. Your yellow gems should be Sp/Haste. I would suggest trying frostfire.

15+ Year Old Account

Looking at ur glyphs i strongly advice u to change:Glyph of Mirror Image and Glyph of Evocation with Glyph of Arcane Missiles and Glyph of Mana Gem
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by weava
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...er&n=Weavamage

my sp is 2009 with arcane intellect
    3.8k was in 10 mans, 3.2 in 5 mans and target dummies

any suggestions on gear? i am not in a raiding guild
    The damage aspect of Arcane relies on a lot of points. You're currently using a Glyph of Mirror Image... This needs to be changed to Glyph of Arcane Missiles. You are losing 25% crit chance right off the bat here. Your crit percentage being as low as 13% base is going to hurt your overall damage per mana. I would recommend a few gear upgrades as well. Switch our your Meta with Chaotic. These few things will help.

Quote Originally Posted by Frolk
    Looking at ur glyphs i strongly advice u to change:Glyph of Mirror Image and Glyph of Evocation with Glyph of Arcane Missiles and Glyph of Mana Gem
    ...and I would strongly advise you to lay down the pipe.

Glyphs of Arcane Blast, Arcane Missiles, and Molten Armor are ideal for arcane PVE dps.

Your spec is good, minus having Student of the Mind and Prismatic Cloak. Ditch it and pick up some Arcane Stability and Magic Attunement, the pushback protection and range are much more valuable than the fraction of a percent of crit you'll get from the extra spirit.

You're .55% over the hit cap, and you'll often get an extra 3% or 4% in raids from buffs. I would suggest dropping the Mark for another trinket if you have one, and only swap it in when you need the extra hit.

As mentioned, swap your meta the the Chaotic meta, and switch sp/crit gems for sp/haste. You'll need a couple purple gems to activate the new meta, I suggest sp/spirit gems.

Didn't read the full post but. The talents were fine but, U shouldn't spec for Prismatic Cloak imo, get Magic Attunement instead for longer range with arcane spells. And you should NOT gem with crit as arcane(Meta gem should be the crit+critdmg tho). SP>Haste>crit.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by extrudedcow
    ...and I would strongly advise you to lay down the pipe.

Glyphs of Arcane Blast, Arcane Missiles, and Molten Armor are ideal for arcane PVE dps.

Your spec is good, minus having Student of the Mind and Prismatic Cloak. Ditch it and pick up some Arcane Stability and Magic Attunement, the pushback protection and range are much more valuable than the fraction of a percent of crit you'll get from the extra spirit.

You're .55% over the hit cap, and you'll often get an extra 3% or 4% in raids from buffs. I would suggest dropping the Mark for another trinket if you have one, and only swap it in when you need the extra hit.

As mentioned, swap your meta the the Chaotic meta, and switch sp/crit gems for sp/haste. You'll need a couple purple gems to activate the new meta, I suggest sp/spirit gems.

Glyph of Mana Gem can be used instead of Molten Armour. Using Mage Armour instead of Molten is only a 50 dps loss..

Quote Originally Posted by bizzy

Glyph of Mana Gem can be used instead of Molten Armour. Using Mage Armour instead of Molten is only a 50 dps loss..
    This I am guessing is no longer the case now that Molten armor gets a bonus from spirit. Personally while im progressing through Ulduar I am using glyph of mana gem. As soon as i get a feel for the fights I will be switching to Molten armor. I haven't been to EJ in a while so I'm not sure on the numbers, but molten armor HAS to provide more then a 50 dps bonus over mage armor as of patch 3.1

That information was true in 3.09.

Chronik

Quote Originally Posted by draconith
    This I am guessing is no longer the case now that Molten armor gets a bonus from spirit. Personally while im progressing through Ulduar I am using glyph of mana gem. As soon as i get a feel for the fights I will be switching to Molten armor. I haven't been to EJ in a while so I'm not sure on the numbers, but molten armor HAS to provide more then a 50 dps bonus over mage armor as of patch 3.1

That information was true in 3.09.
    Now it is better for some fights (short ones) but I like using mage armor for most of the fights but I would stick with Glyph of arc miss, arcane blast and mana gem (use to be mage armor)

Nope 3.2k-3.8k is far from good. Specc 20/51/0 to start with and fix your glyphs. molten armor, fireball and LB glyph.