PvE Disc Spec, need advice

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?prie...0&version=9806

Ive come up with that one, but im not so sure what a disc priest is working with in raids/instances. The Grace talent doesnt seems to be that good, when it only works at 1 target at time, i mean, im not healing a single target through hc's/raids

Can someone give me some tip of what spell, and when im using it, is it flash heal spamm on tank, and penance heal on dpsers?

Also, the glyphs, is the Penance glyph really worth it? Smells kinda pvp to me

Re: PvE Disc Spec, need advice

try that http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?prie...0&version=9806

you don't even use greater heal as disc. flashheal, penance, PWS, POM/H
    penance is practically a free cast the mana is so low so improved healing isn't important, there's just nothing better to get in its place.

I'd drop Imp Healing and Desperate Prayer for Silent Resolve personally but otherwise it's pretty identical to what I'd use as disc raid healer.

Quote Originally Posted by grymgroeth
    I'd drop Imp Healing and Desperate Prayer for Silent Resolve personally but otherwise it's pretty identical to what I'd use as disc raid healer.
    Silent Resolve isn't necessary, at all. Desperate Prayer on the other hand, has saved pretty much almost every healypriest I know, many many times. Necessary? No. A talent that gets excellent use-return? Yup.

Focused Will is a PvE talent now too, giving 3% crit. Renew is still the laughing stock of Priests (although Holy now has a reason to use it).

With the exception of say Razorscale or a few other places, the main place for a Discipline Priest is on the Main Tank. That's where grace shines, we don't scale well at all any other way. Raid "heal" with PW:S, keep Grace on the MT.

This is pretty much the standard cookie cutter disc raiding build.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

First off, I agree with Kelesti on the spec, so I won't bother to comment further there.

And since it wasn't addressed, is the Penance glyph worth it? Yes. Penance is, hands down, the best single-target healing spell out there; anything you can do to be able to cast it more often you should do. Besides, Flash Heal and Power Word: Shield, what other glyph is as good in that third slot? I suppose Prayer of Healing could be useful, but Discipline belongs on the MT, so you will get a lot less out of a PoH glyph than a Penance glyph.

That's what I use. It works nicely. There is not reason to get Improved Healing.

Download my UI here: Barretta UI

Quote Originally Posted by cTron417

That's what I use. It works nicely. There is not reason to get Improved Healing.
    Why would you use the Renew glyph over Penance, especially when you haven't even opted for Improved Renew.

Also, why any points in Absolution? Aren't your cleanses cheap enough with Mental Agility? I couldn't imagine passing up Desperate Prayer for one point in it.

You can argue divine fury over Imp Renew and Healing Focus, but if Im taking that much pushback, I'm shielding myself so I don't consider Healing Focus worthwhile. I don't really use renew other than for occasional tank padding. Gheal on the other hand I use if Flash heal starts getting pushed below the GCD. During BL after PW:S to take advantage of Borrowed Time, any time the tank is taking huge spike damage and I PI myself instead of a dps, or sometimes when the Egg procs. Sure, Gheal isn't part of my standard rotation, but situationally, I use it alot more than renew.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeuq
    Why would you use the Renew glyph over Penance, especially when you haven't even opted for Improved Renew.

Also, why any points in Absolution? Aren't your cleanses cheap enough with Mental Agility? I couldn't imagine passing up Desperate Prayer for one point in it.
    O my bad. I didn't set up the glyphs.

All better.

I just put that point in Absolution 'cause I had it left over and didn't want/need Desperate Prayer.

This

i like how alot of you do know that greater heal is useless but most of you stil spec it... (or is it for the smite cast time? >_<)

Desperate prayer saved me alot in ulduar. and same whith spell warding
    theres alot of random aoe damage going arund in ulduar.

F.Y.I
    the glyph of penance is addet Before Aspiration (tallent) so you benefit less from the tallent.
    it ends at 6,4 or 2 if i remimber right. (not the flat 6 sek cd you expect )

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?prie...3&version=9806

This is the build i use. I do use GH every once and a while with borrowed time up. Renew isnt used noromlly during a fight unless i know a lock is low in mana and is going to regen i use it then on them for its quick. I dont have pain suppression and im sure i should but when i was breaking down my fights i didnt fine my self using Pain suppression all that offen. Power infusion i used to use alot but now with the changes haste and mana reduction instead of haste and power i dont see any reason to get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lenerien
    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?prie...3&version=9806

This is the build i use. I do use GH every once and a while with borrowed time up. Renew isnt used noromlly during a fight unless i know a lock is low in mana and is going to regen i use it then on them for its quick. I dont have pain suppression and im sure i should but when i was breaking down my fights i didnt fine my self using Pain suppression all that offen. Power infusion i used to use alot but now with the changes haste and mana reduction instead of haste and power i dont see any reason to get it.
    its bene haste/mana since 2,4.
    i use on all cooldowns. i see it like druids have innervate, its a nice buff for the dps's in the raid (normaly i use it on my shadow priest.) 1,6 min cooldown on a mini bloodlust? Wau thats 2-3% more of the boss before enrage timer ^^

i can follow you on the PS but thats normaly because im thinking that i wanner save it for when we are 1 healer less.
    but yes now youre saying it i dont know if im gonner take it next time i respec.

but you have to give me that When you do need it. it is ledenday's worth

All better.
    Yup.
    I just put that point in Absolution 'cause I had it left over and didn't want/need Desperate Prayer.
    Personally, I'd think if you have the point to spare, you might as well get Desperate Prayer. Granted, my Priest is a Human so I've always had it, but it saves my life all the time. Even better, it's instant cast so rather than popping a PW:S on myself when I'm running out of the fire and hoping another healer tops me off, I can hit that while I'm running out and save another healer the GCD and mana. Sure, it's only situationally useful, but it's situationally useful in a majority of encounters while Absolution is only useful in a handful of encounters

Quote Originally Posted by pieki
    i like how alot of you do know that greater heal is useless but most of you stil spec it... (or is it for the smite cast time? >_<)
    This is sort of a circular argument. Of course Greater Heal is useless if you don't spec into it, it's too slow with a 3s cast. But with Divine Fury, it's a 2.5s cast, which makes it have higher HPS than Flash Heal. That alone makes it useful in a situation where HPS is more important than mana efficiency. And, as an above poster mentioned, combining it with Borrowed Time, especially when Herosim/Blood Lust is up, with Power Infusion, or some other Haste Proc, and you can continue to benefit from the Haste where Flash Heal is GCD capped (which it is with 20% Haste and Borrowed Time without any other buffs).

None of that is to say that it should be a featured part of your healing arsenal, but having an extra tool available is never a bad thing and you have it with that talent, and you do not without it.

Desperate prayer saved me alot in ulduar. and same whith spell warding
    theres alot of random aoe damage going arund in ulduar.
    And while I obviously agree with Desperate Prayer, I just don't think 6% less Spell Damage is even remotely meaningful. Chances are, you'll be healed incidentally anyway, like with a random PoM or Chain Heal bounce, CoH, or whenever PoH is used on your party. In any case where such a small amount of damage reduction would save you, the vast majority of the time, it can be prevented even better by just reacting a little quicker or having better position. The vast majority of the time, it won't buy you an extra tick, so it just doesn't seem worthwhile to me.

F.Y.I
    the glyph of penance is addet Before Aspiration (tallent) so you benefit less from the tallent.
    it ends at 6,4 or 2 if i remimber right. (not the flat 6 sek cd you expect )
    Correct, it reduces it to 6.4s. Though it may not be the full 2s you'd expect, 1.6s is still more than a GCD, which means you can use it at least one cast sooner every time, which is a considerable improvement.

I just never use it in PvE. I've had it and never bothered to use it. I prefer to just get out of the fire before I take damage. Since you can see it coming.

And for anyone wondering about the gheal cast speed time talent. Pure win for tank heals in this combo. PW:S (Borrowed Time Proc)> Penance > GHeal

I just never use it in PvE. I've had it and never bothered to use it. I prefer to just get out of the fire before I take damage. Since you can see it coming.

And for anyone wondering about the gheal cast speed time talent. Pure win for tank heals in this combo. PW:S (Borrowed Time Proc)> Penance > GHeal
    by fire i ment "random AoE attacks" and alot of them you actly cant just move out off.
    sitting whith a hang over first ting that springs to mind if the light debuff on 002 and the chain lightning on razorscale. (probly slang pot to^^)

at least on 002 i know alot if times i where happy about living the extra time

personaly when im on the tank im whith a paladin so i dont need that mount of burst healing
    6k PwS > 10k Penance(checkedk 3,3 avarge last naxx before the patch and only got it buffed so probly talking like 11k-12k) > 6k flash.

and it is realy rare the mt gets to drop that much and while im doing my penance the pala lands a heal so a most of the time my flash do abit of overhealing there to.

thats my reson not to use GH but ofc it depents on healing style, boss, co-healing, gear etc. etc.

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#bVcbuhhVRIsffRtfxzc:mAb

I came up with that.

imp renew for some extra heals, healing focus for aoe fights (almost all of them).

No divine fury since i'll never use GHeal even with cast reduction.

Desperate Prayer saved me alot of times, so yeah it worth taking.

As my rotation goes, spam FHeal, Shield, Penance and PoH. Throwing some renew when my GCD give me the time for it.

Gearscore: A new way to see who fail at their class. 'Cause itemization is too hard... You need d/n-umbers.