Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: Val'anyr, a priest perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by Chillbro
    There is no TAKING of this mace...the time and effort alone will deter NON healers from acquiring it anytime in the next year...
    I'm not sure how exactly being a healer = being dedicated...I'm sure that given the chance, thousands of dps casters would shell out the time and effort to put one together.

Not that this should ever go to a dps class. I just hate non-sequiturs.
    Malfeas - 80 Human Mage

Quote Originally Posted by SpiritusVex
    I am also awaiting clarification on the proc effect. Even then, RNG procs + healing = fail. Will only Direct Heals proc the effect? Will Hots proc it? Will hots create shields? It already seems that Disco priest absorbs will not contribute to the proc effect. This, as of right now, is a pally healer weapon 1st, Disco priest second. As a Shaman, Holy Priest, or Druid, I would spend your capital somewhere else.
    What do you mean clarified? I think it is pretty clear. You get a buff that for 15 seconds makes your heals create shields on the targets they are healing. If it was only direct heals it would say direct heals like other proc effects do.

Does it say heals? Are hots heals? Then yes it affects hots. It affects ALL healing you do within that 15 seconds, shields do not count as healing so disc priests clearly are at a disadvantage.

How is this a pally weapon first? All healers heal so the proc is good for all of them, disc priests are the only ones who do a lot of healing through absorption effects so they are the ones that will benefit the least.

no mp5 or spirit is rather blah...awesome for pally/disc priests though

stats wise, it's pretty sweet for dps, but that's rather out of the question for the moment unless you want to get slaughtered by your healers and never receive a heal again. *cough* smite weapon *cough*

GM/Raid Leader of <Air>, Sargeras-US, Alliance
    13/13M Mythic Morning/Day-Time Raiding Guild

Now recruiting for Legion! Apply at air-guild.com

Quote Originally Posted by jinxx
    When you compare Thori'dal to Golden Bow of Quel'Thalas you have to consider the fact that Thori'dal does not use a quiver or arrows so it does not gain the attack speed and damage increases from those. It's still a good weapon, but not as good as the raw stats make it seem.

As for the legendary mace the stats seem good to me. Basically it's a step up from the best currently known healing mace in Ulduar and then it has a potentially very good proc effect. Seems pretty sweet to me. After all you can't expect it to have like 750 spellpower and 400 haste just because it's a legendary, then it'd be vastly overpowered.
    Indeed. Thori'dal was miles ahead of the next best thing - but was it like comparing an orbital laser cannon to a slingshot? No. It was satisfyingly better, but and once you took the extra DPS added for the lack of ammo out, they were quite comparable, with Thor'dal simply coming out on top with the sweet extra bonus (at least until 3.1! HAHAHA) of the hunter able to never carry a quiver.

There's already been numerous posts about how almost every legendary was only just a little bit ahead of other weapons in its class, with the proc always being what made them outstanding.

Quote Originally Posted by jinxx
    When you compare Thori'dal to Golden Bow of Quel'Thalas you have to consider the fact that Thori'dal does not use a quiver or arrows so it does not gain the attack speed and damage increases from those. It's still a good weapon, but not as good as the raw stats make it seem.

As for the legendary mace the stats seem good to me. Basically it's a step up from the best currently known healing mace in Ulduar and then it has a potentially very good proc effect. Seems pretty sweet to me. After all you can't expect it to have like 750 spellpower and 400 haste just because it's a legendary, then it'd be vastly overpowered.
    Oh I agree, 750SP & 400haste is just silly. I was expecting, though, some static "equip" or "on use" effect, rather than the RNG, which, for healing, is just plain horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by cynical
    How is this a pally weapon first? All healers heal so the proc is good for all of them, disc priests are the only ones who do a lot of healing through absorption effects so they are the ones that will benefit the least.
    Note the stats on the weapon. You're too busy fapping to the proc at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Elecman
    considering it procs for no mana and can proc off of any heal you must be retarded not to see the value of this.
    When it procs when you don't need it.

And doesn't proc when you do.

When it procs when you don't need it.
    When it procs when you absolutely need it.
    Malfeas - 80 Human Mage

Sorry Fixed the Spell Power.

Also, Fun to look at:

Golden Bow of Quel'Thalas
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    204 - 380 Damage Speed 3.00
    (150.3 damage per second with ammo factored in)
    +18 Agility
    Equip: Increases armor penetration rating by 25 (3.38% @ L70).
    Equip: Increases attack power by 34.

Thori'dal, the Stars' Fury
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    Binds when picked up
    355 - 524 Damage Speed 2.70
    (162.8 damage per second)
    +17 Agility
    Equip: Improves critical strike rating by 16 (0.72% @ L70).
    Equip: Increases attack power by 34.
    Equip: Increases armor penetration rating by 17 (2.3% @ L70).
    Equip: Thori'dal generates magical arrows when the bow string is drawn. Does not use ammo.
    Hmm...doesn't look so Legendary now...does it? The only big advantage was when steady shot did not factor in ammo for its damage, and the "Legendary Bag Slot" it provided.

Quote Originally Posted by malfeas
    When it procs when you absolutely need it.
    Right, as I said, for healing, an RNG effect doesn't feel "Legendary."

Give this weapon to RShamans, Rdruids or Disc/holy priests who can offspec to elemental boomkin or shadow BiS for dual specs!
    Quote Originally Posted by Zillionhz View Post
    By fiber be purged

first, when did stats on the weapon come out? where did you get them? Where can i see it?

second. it probably procs quite a bit and is almost certainly similar if not identical to the Scarab Brooch. which is probably the single most powerful healing trinket in the game(though i do concede that it is a bit situational). scary if they stacked. it almost defiantly effects group heals. the question that should be asked is how does it deal with over heals.

also note that the proc is percentage based. it scales with gear. hell it scales with future expansions. If one uses thunderfury as a reference then you have one scary little healing tool that doesn't look as bad ass as it is.

something tells me that your using bad intel on the item stats tho. Whats the iLevel on it? I think 239 might be a smidge low. Also Blizzard has historically put all the money in the Pocs on legendarys. White stats are usually low to average.

Quote Originally Posted by Elecman
    Its probably the most difficult to obtain item in the game right now, a non-healer will not see this mace before the next expansion.
    I'd have to disagree. Hopefully when the first shard drops for many guilds they will take into account how much of an increase in performance it will have on the players that could use it and send it to the person whose increased performance would be the best for the guild. Im not saying this isnt a healer weapon (the proc makes that perfectly clear) but my guild has a single holy paladin and no disc priests but we have a rly good ele shaman (sadly isnt me 8( ). So say after the Paladin gets the shards (or even before not sure exactly how much our holy pally contribues to the raid) then who gets it next? Logically it would go to the person who would make the most use of it, which would be the elemental shaman. What im saying is that this weapon (as most things should in a raid environment) go to whichever guildy can make the most out out of it, not just to healers because of the proc.

The bad intel is from the main page of MMO.

The proc rate is going to be key on how "Legendary" this is.

If HoT overheals count towards shielding, this could be scary good for druid raid healing. Also might be interesting to know how long the shield lasts on someone.

Quote Originally Posted by Isollae
    first, when did stats on the weapon come out? where did you get them? Where can i see it?

second. it probably procs quite a bit and is almost certainly similar if not identical to the Scarab Brooch. which is probably the single most powerful healing trinket in the game(though i do concede that it is a bit situational). scary if they stacked. it almost defiantly effects group heals. the question that should be asked is how does it deal with over heals.

also note that the proc is percentage based. it scales with gear. hell it scales with future expansions. If one uses thunderfury as a reference then you have one scary little healing tool that doesn't look as bad ass as it is.

something tells me that your using bad intel on the item stats tho. Whats the iLevel on it? I think 239 might be a smidge low. Also Blizzard has historically put all the money in the Pocs on legendarys. White stats are usually low to average.
    http://static.mmo-champion.com/mmoc/...tats_small.jpg
    Right there, genius.

Blizz has already removed it from the Armory, it is no longer searchable, so they were obviously leaked stats.

Stat wise are there better healing weapons in ulduar? From a holy pally point of view this weapon is awesome. Hopefully it'll proc often.

No, there's no higher ilvl / better weapons from ulduar than it.

However unless they break the mold for heroic yogg hard mode weapons, whatever later shows up will be 239 and have about the same spellpower

So the weight of the item is almost entirely upon its proc.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamakaze0zzy
    No im serious, aside from the Healing proc, this mace still looks pretty attractive from a dps caster's
    point of veiw. Plus i have not seen anything else better so far.
    Your raid leader must be a troll if he gives that to a caster.

Quote Originally Posted by Absolutíon
    Your raid leader must be a troll if he gives that to a caster.
    so your healer are melees?

Quote Originally Posted by Lark
    No, there's no higher ilvl / better weapons from ulduar than it.

However unless they break the mold for heroic yogg hard mode weapons, whatever later shows up will be 239 and have about the same spellpower

So the weight of the item is almost entirely upon its proc.
    I dunno man. Try comparing Val'anyr + Ironmender (highest ilvl non-hit offhand) versus Staff of Endless Winter with 2 spellpower gems. Val'anyr+Ironmender has 5 less stam, 11 less int, 57 less crit, 84 less spirit...and only 36 more spellpower (assuming 63 spellpower chant on VA, 81 on SoEW). Hopefully this was a sort of beta hammer, pre-class-customization.