Spec HELP! (3.1.1)

Hiyas all! I am Arthello, and this is my armory link: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...and&n=Arthello

So, my main question is what spec should I be? Currently I am FFB, but I used to be Arcane before 3.1, but it looked to me like they nerfed it so I went back to FFB and I regemed all my gear. Now since 3.1.1 came out, my dps is at 2.5k on mally. What am I doing wrong? My rotation is Living Bomb, Scorch, FFB, Living Bomb, refresh Scorch, FFB...
    Is Arcane in, or is FFB in? And also (depending on which spec is better) what gems should I be focusing on?

Re: Spec HELP! (3.1.1)

Regem your boots. Put a 19 SP gem in your blacksmith socket on your belt. But honestly other than that you should be doing a lot more dps. It is kind of hard to judge your dps off of maly though.

Arcane didnt get nerfed, the recent change to spirit mana regen makes it so yo have to pay more attention to your mana now. I tried FFB when 3.1 came out but the spec really under compared to Fire/ToTW or arcane. Im currently trying a 18/0/53 frost spec and even that is better than FFB. I would say go arcane unless you have the gear to give you the hit needed for Fire/TotW.
    Signature too large

In Arcane, what stat should I be focusing on? Int. or spell power or crit?

Quote Originally Posted by weebie
    Im currently trying a 18/0/53 frost spec and even that is better than FFB.
    lol? I do around 5.8k-5.9k dps on most boss fights in Ulduar as FFB. I guarantee you don't come anywhere close to that as frost.

Quote Originally Posted by jhemfl
    lol? I do around 5.8k-5.9k dps on most boss fights in Ulduar as FFB. I guarantee you don't come anywhere close to that as frost.
    Really? What spec are you? And can you post your armory link?

Quote Originally Posted by weebie
    Im currently trying a 18/0/53 frost spec and even that is better than FFB.
    ATM I decided to have some fun and also went to a 18/0/53 spec after the last patch. And although I can pump out about 4.5k dps my this current spec and my gear, the 2 FFB mages in my guild are still putting out 5.5k dps or more. So for the original poster if you are desperately wanting to top meters then I would suggest going with an arcane build - http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#ofLVc...cZbhf0o:NzM0om - until ur geared for fire/ttw - http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#of0Vc...hVubhct:Vdi0om . But if your just looking for a spec that you want to have fun with then go with w/e spec u enjoy the most. Luckily I play with almost all people I know in rl so then don't care what spec I use. ATM I'm tryin to gear for fire/ttw to check it out but before I went back to frost I was arcane and I would do 6k-6.5k dps.

Edit: Incase you were wanting to know the frost spec I'm using its - http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#of0Vc...0fzgfsx:RqG0om

What stats should I focus on as arcane?

Hrm, looking over your gear and spec, I noticed something.

Correct me if I am wrong, Im not too familier with the Mage class and all their crazy shenanigans but..

You have 201 Hit, that is 7.66% chance to hit, to be capped you need a total of 17%, you can get that from things such as the Draenei Racial 1% and the Boomkin/SPriest 3% from IFF and Misery.

With talents (Precision) you have 10.66%, with a draenei you have 11.66%, and with a boomkin/spriest 14.66% thats still 2.34% chance shy of cap, not being hit capped plays a huge role in how much damage you put out. (if you were Arcane Spec before than yeah, you would of been at Hit cap due to Arcane Focus + Precision)

This is of course my opinion and there are alot of heated debates on not only these forums but on Elitest Jerks claiming that you dont need to be hit capped..etc.

But, get hit capped and see if you notice a difference, Im sure you will

Quote Originally Posted by Arthello
    What stats should I focus on as arcane?
    Spellpower > Haste > Crit for arcane. Never gem for crit or intellect.

I'd say go arcane all the way...5 bosses down in ulduar and no mana problems at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Qiladin
    I'd say go arcane all the way...5 bosses down in ulduar and no mana problems at all.
    What is your DPS though? I am running Fire/TtW and using crazy alchemist potions. A couple of fights where you AoE a lot it has been very close on if I would run OOM. I don't see at all how as Arcane you could do decent damage and AoE and not run OOM. Arcane is VERY situational. You are much better off going FFB or Fire/TtW.

I'll have to save some damage meters this week.

But I know I was topping the meters on xt and razorscale, only a rogue was pumping more dps than me.

i'd like some recommendations on my mage, i always strive to perform at the best of my ability so i appreciate any help.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...n=Velox+Mortis

heres my guy, i do have a mp5 ring i need to replace as well as a pve helm, i get denied every single time. :-( . but i am trying out that trinket, the egg of mortal essence, i think its been hotfixed but i was being told online and by a guildie that the effect did proc for us mages and my guildie said that when spiders embrace and the egg both procced he was getting 1.35 cast times for arcane blast. i dunno, either way i've been wanting a +spell trinket so this will work for now i suppose. I have the sundial as an alternative trinket.

As far as rotation goes when i'm focused i stick with ArcBlastx3-->Missile but sometimes i will extend past 3 stack on arc blast if i have dying curse, lightweave and mana gem damage procs on to increase damage while using mage armor to sustain such bursts. Im wanting to try out molten armor and get that glyph instead of the evo glyph that i currently have which sadly, i find alot of use for. What are your thoughts on some of this?

Again suggestions comments are appreciated.

Get the badge belt. Never ever gem straight haste, or anything but SP. If you want to fill a yellow socket do 9 sp-8 haste. You can get a blue helm, I forgot the name but it is Hit+SP, and gem chaotic. Everything else just get upgrades for. Egg doesn't proc with missles anymore. But spiders does just because it is dmg or healing.