Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Dispersion not working in the slag pot (Ignis)?

Has anyone noticed this? I used my dispersion in the pot and I died (healers were slacking). but I shouldn't have with the 90% reduced damage. I was taking 5k ticks.

Re: Dispersion not working in the slag pot (Ignis)?

dispersion seems bugged period.

i cast it, and ate 3k -6k crits, and 1k whites.

now unless those were 30-60k crits and 10k whites, i don't see how i took that dmg

If you're talking about an Ulduar raid boss then a cloth wearer WILL be recieving 30-60k crits and 10k whites.

It works for me... in my 10 man whenever I get throw inside the pot I just disperse and I live... I got Hotpocket achievement.

As said in the other topic with almost the precisely same topic (l2search nabs), Dispersion works perfectly fine on all bosses in Ulduar.

It does not work while you are in the slag pit. I tried this today and I got an immune message.

Do spells like Ice Block work? If they do not, then dispersion not working in the pit is an intended use and they want people to fight the encounter without cheesy mechanics. If they work... then we have a problem.

You can also heal in the slag pot

Well... It is a good time to use dispersion if you need the mana... IF.

I just wanna know if it works or not... of if it should. Today I tried and got an immune message and died. Pretty much first time for most of us.

Shadow priests should NOT ever have a mana problem. Using dispersion for the mana is fail. Well on KT when I get detonate mana, I still don't have a mana problem, spec into veiled shadows and shadowfiend every time you're at 50% mana, plus adds nice dps :P

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account

IB and pali bubbles, etc, work when you get in the pot, so dispersion should be working.

Worked for me, soooooooooooo. How can it say immune anyway, it's a damage reduction ability, not a counter-spell.

Power Word: Shield and Pain Suppression works, thus Dispersion also works.

You're getting immune for casting something else.

Quote Originally Posted by thantos
    Shadow priests should NOT ever have a mana problem. Using dispersion for the mana is fail. Well on KT when I get detonate mana, I still don't have a mana problem, spec into veiled shadows and shadowfiend every time you're at 50% mana, plus adds nice dps :P
    Come back once you done Ulduar kid, you might get a clue what the adults are talking about.

Maybe if you've read the post above, clearly states my experience with using dispersion at Ignis, meaning I've done Ulduar? L2 read.

No.

I know how to read a combat log. It told me I was immune when I tried to use dispersion. Explain how my dispersion cooldown would get used up... but I would still take the slag pit damage and die? Oh well... there's always next week :P

Shadow priests should NOT ever have a mana problem. Using dispersion for the mana is fail. Well on KT when I get detonate mana, I still don't have a mana problem, spec into veiled shadows and shadowfiend every time you're at 50% mana, plus adds nice dps
    There's alot going on in Ulduar and when you are learning the fights you have to sometimes use your utilities on other players. Dispels, Shields and maybe sometimes assist on heals. I was having my mana eaten on Hodir... mass dispels, breaking the npcs...

At the moment, Dispersion is NOT working as its' tooltip described in these encounters: Ignis (Slag Pot), XT-002 (Tantrum), Kologarn (Stone Grip), Vezax (Saronite Cloud mana regen/damage); I heard it also doesn't work on Flame Leviathan but haven't seen it myself.

On Ignis, I don't know if they fixed recently, but on this week Thursday when I used Dispersion I still took 5k8 dmg / tick.

* On other note, although it's true SP don't have mana problem in most (if not all) of normal mode in Ulduar unless something messed up badly, using Dispersion for mana when you also need it to reduce damage isn't "fail" =P *
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.

Quote Originally Posted by Tablemaker
    It does not work while you are in the slag pit. I tried this today and I got an immune message.

Do spells like Ice Block work? If they do not, then dispersion not working in the pit is an intended use and they want people to fight the encounter without cheesy mechanics. If they work... then we have a problem.
    they do work, for my guild at least.

i'm disco for raids atm, so i'm lacking dispersion.

imo just start spamming binding heal on the MT or OT. you're healers will love you, and you'll get a nifty achievement!

Quote Originally Posted by Qualia
    At the moment, Dispersion is NOT working as its' tooltip described in these encounters: Ignis (Slag Pot), XT-002 (Tantrum), Kologarn (Stone Grip), Vezax (Saronite Cloud mana regen/damage); I heard it also doesn't work on Flame Leviathan but haven't seen it myself.
    I have noticed this too. I think i will open ticket today for this shit. :-[

* On other note, although it's true SP don't have mana problem in most (if not all) of normal mode in Ulduar unless something messed up badly, using Dispersion for mana when you also need it to reduce damage isn't "fail" =P *
    To extend this a bit more.

Some fights, like Mimiron got downtime between phases. Using Dispersion there, and saving shadowfiend for necessary burst (Shadowcrawl is hawt), is much better utilization of our abilities than not using Dispersion at all.

Plus the fact it CAN save your life if you get aggro on a loose add / robot on certain fights.

Not using Dispersion is like saying mages are stupid if they use Iceblock.

I like nez havent had any problems with dispersion, and using dispersion as mana regen is in no way fail, it would be the same as saying mages using evocation is fail, so cut the crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia
    To extend this a bit more.

Some fights, like Mimiron got downtime between phases. Using Dispersion there, and saving shadowfiend for necessary burst (Shadowcrawl is hawt), is much better utilization of our abilities than not using Dispersion at all.

Plus the fact it CAN save your life if you get aggro on a loose add / robot on certain fights.

Not using Dispersion is like saying mages are stupid if they use Iceblock.
    If you use Hymn of Hope and then use Dispersion right afterwards while you have the extra maximum mana, you can get a better mana return from Dispersion. From 0 mana, channeling the entire hymn and then using Dispersion gives me about 70% of my mana back.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

You didn't withdraw the cost of Shadowform from those 70%, did you?