Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Dispersion not working in the slag pot (Ignis)?

65% mana with the cost of returning to Shadowform then.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

I was thrown in the Slap Pot this latest reset, and immediately popped Dispersion. I was still taking the full damage. I didn't get a chance to review my combat log for this.

I noticed also that Light Bomb on XT-002 is not mitgated by Dispersion either. This damage was listed in the combat log as "Divine" type damage, leading me to belive that it cannot be mitgated, and is working as intended.

Dispersion, Replenishment or Shadowfiend returns 0 mana on General Vezax

Manage your mana well, use green clouds sparingly, and remember your L1 days, your wand can be your friend.
    I thoroughly disapprove of duels. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand and lead him to a quiet place and kill him. - Mark Twain

The topic I made about Dispersion not working was deleted (uhwut?).

Coming out of Ulduar 10, confirming that it most definitely DOES NOT work for me on any of the scary boss abilities in Ulduar. This is the third full Ulduar run I've been through, and I've used Dispersion more than enough times to be sure it's broken. The other Shadow Priest in my guild also says that his isn't mitigating any damage in Ulduar. It is working in PvP, however.

Possibly it's only a bug affecting some servers, since not everyone is noticing it? Or maybe it only effects the NA servers, since the majority of people saying their Dispersion mitigates damage fine are EU? Not sure.

Dispersion, Replenishment or Shadowfiend returns 0 mana on General Vezax
    If you meant to talk about my post, I knew these return 0 mana, what I mean was Dispersion is not working on reducing damage from the cloud =P

I learned it hard way when I used Dispersion at 6 debuffs with full hp, then happily wait for my mana to full at 8 debuffs just to notice my hp dropped too fast to react... now I jump out at 7 to be safe.
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.

Working on XT atm, Dispersion worked on Tantrum, but did not work on light bomb.

Quote Originally Posted by Soxes
    Working on XT atm, Dispersion worked on Tantrum, but did not work on light bomb.
    Tantrum is percentage-based damage, so it wouldn't work on that.

15+ Year Old Account

that wont matter if it's percent based. it will take your total health, take the % damage to deal for that tick then multiply it by .1 to give the actual damage (not including other dmg reducing things). percent damage is the exact same as fixed damage except the actual damage dealt will differ from person to person
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

Quote Originally Posted by llDemonll
    that wont matter if it's percent based. it will take your total health, take the % damage to deal for that tick then multiply it by .1 to give the actual damage (not including other dmg reducing things). percent damage is the exact same as fixed damage except the actual damage dealt will differ from person to person
    Except no percentage-based abilities (i.e. Ice Tomb) were mitigated by Dispersion when it did work all the time.

Well, it works on the Napalm Shell from Mimiron, which saved me last night when he decided to hit me with it three times in a row on 25 man.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon
    Well, it works on the Napalm Shell from Mimiron, which saved me last night when he decided to hit me with it three times in a row on 25 man.
    Tbh your healers should be able to out heal 3 Napalm shells in a row.

Edit, a secondary spec with imp ve is also very nice for mimiron

I hav no idea but its also not working for me while in slag pot or kologarn hand grip. Im taking full dmg.

And ofc I think that its pretty fair coz imo it would be too good if u could reduce some special boss ability dmg and reneg some mana during this time.

But the most sucky thing is that its not working while fiighting general ( i mean mana regeneration). Why evocation works while dispersion aka almost exactly-same-skill-as-evo-but-its-51 pointer not. I think that I will ask some blue bout that coz its hilarious and I cant imagine doing hardmode as spriest without it

Quote Originally Posted by Valiane
    Tbh your healers should be able to out heal 3 Napalm shells in a row.

Edit, a secondary spec with imp ve is also very nice for mimiron
    I prefer not to simply let myself die unless the healers heal me when we are learning an encounter. TBH, it really annoys me when I see other players complaining about dying when they are making absolutely no effort to save themselves. Mages not using Fire Ward, elemental shammies not bothering to toss a heal on themselves, ect.

Quote Originally Posted by Qualia
    .... I used Dispersion at 6 debuffs with full hp, then happily wait for my mana to full at 8 debuffs just to notice my hp dropped too fast to react... now I jump out at 7 to be safe.
    Sooo did the same thing our first few attempts ..

WTB mana ....Oh look green goo ....ooo MANA ...nom nom nom nom
    ..OUCH
    ./cast Dispersion
    DED
    Hey wait a minute ....SIGH
    I thoroughly disapprove of duels. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand and lead him to a quiet place and kill him. - Mark Twain

Doing Ignis 25 this week and I snagged this:

I took 4k hits after casting dispersion... just like I was getting before I cast it.

Tell me... does a trained iceblock or paladin bubble reduce the damage?