Page 1 of 22
... LastLast

Hardest boss fight in wow?

So what do you guys think it is?

I started playing in TBC so can't really say.

Ofc i'm asking the hardest fight before nerfs(and dont count buggs).

Also dont say "algalon" becose you have not seen him

Re: Hardest boss fight in wow?

Hogger

/Thread

Any boss fight with noob that never read how to fight the boss and got us all killed.

Quote Originally Posted by magehater
    Hogger

/Thread

I was really stupid when i expected untrolled responses,wasnt I?

Pre-nerf C'Thun and M'uru stand out for me.
    "Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened." - Dr. Suess

C'thun. period.

As an unfortunate witness to the raw power of this boss pre-nerf, this boss did live up to the "god" title in its classification as an old god. The only boss to never be defeated without a nerf, which is unheard of nowadays.

End thread.

Quote Originally Posted by denkar
    C'thun. period.

As an unfortunate witness to the raw power of this boss pre-nerf, this boss did live up to the "god" title in its classification as an old god. The only boss to never be defeated without a nerf, which is unheard of nowadays.

End thread.
    He was been defeated before the lighting chain thing nerf.(he won't use both the lighting and eye at the same time.)

Quote Originally Posted by Exorte
    He was been defeated before the lighting chain thing nerf.(he won't use both the lighting and eye at the same time.)
    By whom? I've been around since beta of MC (not beta of the game) and I can not recall anyone beating C'thun without a nerf. Granted kills were not as widely publicized then as they are now.

I Think the Hardest Fight for melee classes is the fight vs Mimiron.
    Phase1-3 are quite easy, but in Phase 4 you have to look out for:
    - rockets which are hard to see
    - ae dmg from the machine on the ground, while probably hitting the one in the middle (-> watching focus target cast)
    - looking for a way out of the mines around him to avoid the ae... if you don't look out for a good way where you can
    pass the bombs you'll be dead...(looking at your life to decide to hit one bomb if there isn't a better way out)
    - additionally you have to avoid the middles laser barrage and if possible most of its random dmg towards one direction
    - you still want to deal as much dps as possible
    - as enhance there are addionally heals to low health raidmembers, ghostwolves that have to be set on passive for the ae and the still procrelevant dmg rotation so you have to look at the proccs too instead of a facerolled combo

Although i've never cleared the AQ 40 encounters, i think this is the hardest Boss for melees ever because you've to look at quite a lot of things...
    of course it's not so difficult to defeat him if a few melees die... but its still challenging... and i prefer to survive ;-)

hardest fight in wow history was pre-nerf C'Thun
    Blizzard themselves acknowledge that he was never killed before nerf, and is widely believed to have been completely unkillable at with the available gear and levels.

Quote Originally Posted by Watipah
    - ae dmg from the machine on the ground, while probably hitting the one in the middle (-> watching focus target cast)
    - looking for a way out of the mines around him to avoid the ae... if you don't look out for a good way where you can
    pass the bombs you'll be dead...(looking at your life to decide to hit one bomb if there isn't a better way out)
    - additionally you have to avoid the middles laser barrage and if possible most of its random dmg towards one direction
    - as enhance there are addionally heals to low health raidmembers, ghostwolves that have to be set on passive for the ae and the still procrelevant dmg rotation so you have to look at the proccs too instead of a facerolled combo

Although i've never cleared the AQ 40 encounters, i think this is the hardest Boss for melees ever because you've to look at quite a lot of things...
    of course it's not so difficult to defeat him if a few melees die... but its still challenging... and i prefer to survive ;-)
    That the case may be (i hate seeing my lovely hunter pet die too) but mimiron is still killable.

Quote Originally Posted by Watipah

Mimiron is not even _near_ the hardest fight in wows history.
    The Hardest fight imo was Viscidus (pre-nerf) or C'thun (pre'nerf), C'Thun spawning x2-x3 tentacles where only 1 was supposed to spawn. Totally insane.

pre-nerf C'thun, hands down - iirc from alllll the way back then ppl would all just go rape lvl 60 Naxx K.T instead of this mother-trucker..

Kiljaedan

He involved dps race, pure madness, multiple adds in the fight, mega healz all around, even tho he was killed before a nerf. It took situational awareness and a knowledge of how to pull off as much dps as you could.

C'thun(pre-nerf)
    Kil'jaedan were extremely hard

but C'thun, no contest as hardest

I disagree some.

C'thun pre nerf imo is considered unkillable, however, i believe m'uru pre nerf when he used to interrupt casts in the entropius phase was just as hard/impossible.

certanly an unkillable boss is quite hard lol.

(Kil'jaeden is also up there too on difficulty pre hp nerf)

Ok In mine option the really hardest one is the pre "nerf" MC. (not really a nerf because blizz saw ppl can't kill them and give them better gear thought framing.)

Quote Originally Posted by denkar
    By whom? I've been around since beta of MC (not beta of the game) and I can not recall anyone beating C'thun without a nerf. Granted kills were not as widely publicized then as they are now.
    really? the I maybe remember something worng SRY!!

C'thun
    Four Horsemen(60)

Some lesser hard bosses would be
    Vashj and kel'thas