Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Re: Hardest boss fight in wow?

I don't know about difficult... difficulty is such a weird concept in WoW to begin with. Most of the people in this thread equate the difficulty of REACHING a fight with the difficulty of WINNING the fight.

Instead, I'll say that the most FRUSTRATING fight in all of WoW's history is Auriaya, beyond a shadow of a doubt.

My vanilla guild ripped our way through AQ pretty quickly, but we wiped on C'thun EVERY single week until he got nerfed. We then wiped, day in, day out on Gluth (Back when Naxx was a 40 man) but never did wiping on a fight feel like slamming your dick into a brick wall covered in razorwire the way it does every single week to wipe on Auriaya 3-4 times, while everything else but Yogg and Vezax are on farm.

Too much chance RUINS fights.

15+ Year Old Account

C'thun before it had to be nerfed. It had to be nerfed is the key term. Before it's heavy amount of nerfs, it was literally unkillable.

Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

Quote Originally Posted by Fenixdown
    C'thun before it had to be nerfed. It had to be nerfed is the key term. Before it's heavy amount of nerfs, it was literally unkillable.

It couldnt be killed! it was overtuned!

Stop saying c'thun pre nerf ffs.

If something can't be done,it's impossible,not hard

Quote Originally Posted by dsswoosh
    Pre-pre-pre nerfed, M'uru will go down in history as the hardest killable boss that WoW has ever seen.
    4 guilds killed it.
    First of all, 12 guilds killed it before Blizzard nerfed it the first time (by removing the Negative Energy spell interruption), not 4. Second of all, I'm not sure if the original M'uru was the hardest -- the original Mimiron HM was on the same level IMO, if not harder.

Quote Originally Posted by Vysogota
    First of all, 12 guilds killed it before Blizzard nerfed it the first time (by removing the Negative Energy spell interruption), not 4. Second of all, I'm not sure if the original M'uru was the hardest -- the original Mimiron HM was on the same level IMO, if not harder.
    Ye not going to argue about the number, i thought it was 4 but i couldnt tremember exactly.
    For a completely possible killable boss, 12 is still a very low number.

Original Muru and original HC Firefighter i would completely agree is comparable.

But nice for someone to post who actually remembers and knows these things. ^^

Archaedas felt almost impossible at WoW's release.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Mesija
    It couldnt be killed! it was overtuned!

Stop saying c'thun pre nerf ffs.

If something can't be done,it's impossible,not hard
    Impossible's pretty darn hard imo. If it's at least possible to do, it's challenging. If it can't be done, it's obviously too hard.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

Muru was hard D:

Quote Originally Posted by Yuzzek
    Nowadays with massively used add ons just like recount, decursive, boss mods, Grid etc things that seemed difficult with lvl 60 became somewhat easy. But can you say they are easy then? Just the equipment (add ons) changed and so the players job became more easy but in fact....the hardmodes you see in ulduar are harder than any lvl 60 boss imho. You just don't realize it because you got so much help through add ons nowadays and because nowadays it is much easier to find out who plays well and who not, so it is mu8ch easier to get bad players out of the raid.
    Last time I checked at least half of the addons that you mentioned here have been around since well before the release of the Burning Crusade. For example, for an encounter such as Chromaggus it would generally have been highly beneficial if your raid members were using addons such as CTRA, Decursive, and KTM. :| Also, I definitely wouldn't say the hardmodes are harder than "..any lvl 60 boss..", unless you're maybe talking about those of Mimiron, Freya and Yogg-saron (not counting Algalon in this case because there isn't a 'normal mode'). Just my two-cents

[Edit]: In regards to the topic of this thread however, I would probably have to say that pre-nerf M'uru/Kil'Jaeden were definitely some of the hardest, non-bugged, killable encounters in the game to date.

Pre-Nerf Rathe Council in PoEb

I win.
    Apocalus of <Strategery>
    http://strat.guildomatic.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Tps
    Pre-Nerf Rathe Council in PoEb

I win.

nah ur in second Place sorry,....

The one that said "THE LOADING SCREEN"
    Wins first place.....

On Topic,...

Pre-Nerf Muru comes to mind,...
    but MiM's hard mode,...
    Even Hodir's Impossible mode would be there on top,...
    but for a hardest fight ever,...
    i dunno,...tbh....
    All about urself and raid....

4 Horsemen Pre-BC
    PATCH Pre-BC
    Vashj before nurf
    Archimonde
    Illidan before Nurf
    Vael (IMHO)
    C'thun Before Nurf
    and....

Kel'thuzad was a tad bit too much but he died within like two weeks.. So i wouldnt mind throwing him up there.

Quote Originally Posted by Tackle
    4 Horsemen Pre-BC
    PATCH Pre-BC
    Vashj before nurf
    Archimonde
    Illidan before Nurf
    Vael (IMHO)
    C'thun Before Nurf
    and....

Kel'thuzad was a tad bit too much but he died within like two weeks.. So i wouldnt mind throwing him up there.
    Most of the bosses you name here were not hard at all tactic-wise. They were hard becouse of big numbers (The bosses doing a lot of damage to your tanks and/or entire raid, or the bosses having a lot of HP).

Quote Originally Posted by Tackle
    4 Horsemen Pre-BC
    PATCH Pre-BC
    Vashj before nurf
    Archimonde
    Illidan before Nurf
    Vael (IMHO)
    C'thun Before Nurf
    and....

Archimonde...lol...

Ok here is my listing.

Classic World of Warcraft:

C'thun, was one of the best fights I have participated in, and remember that the fight was Mathematically Impossible before the Hotfix

The Four Horsemen, the best WoW fight I have ever done since the Lauch of the game, personally I found it a lot harder to do that KelThuzad himself in 40man although many people argue that KelThuzad was a harder.

Burning Crusade Expansion

Kil'Jaeden, no doubt, Sunwell Plateau was the only "real" challenge in the Burning Crusade expansion (except KaelThas in 25man that was a good encounter as well). We had some countless wipes in M'Uru as well.

Wrath of the Lich King

Algalon is a quite hard fight for sure, but the one holding no.1 place in Hardest Bosses-Encounters at the moment is Yogg-Saron without the help of any Keepers.

--Now from the game as a whole I would pick C'thun, why? Because the fight simply needed perfect execution to be done (especially the first time), even the pull should perfect... 100% Epic in my opinion.

Edit: About Patchwerk 40man, ehh not really, Patchwerk was a big Gear Check mainly for your Healers/Tanks and secondary for Dps but he was hard for Progressing Guilds only, I mean after downing him some times he was not a problem at all.

/Snoc

Thaddius L60 xD !!!
    ret pal http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Kirin+Tor&n=Trapp

No helpers on Yogg is the hardest.

Gamon, no doubt.

Corinav.

Frogger boss in Naxx.