Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: Hardest boss fight in wow?

guys i know you are new to this game, so let me tell you this:

C'thun was fixed, not nerfed...

there was the problem of unfinished/untested content back then... so get your facts right.

i would still say C'thun because of the coordination you need in this fight / or probably Entropius pre nerf

anyway, stuff was different back then, guilds had to find their own tactics and there was no addon support like nowadays

Oceanic server lag at raid times... :'(

Pre-nerf C'thun, Vaelastrasz, Four Horsemen.
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

C'Thun prenerf? The boss considered by Blizzard itself unkillable due to bugs before the chain of nerfs?

It was not a boss, it was a TARGET DUMMY for BUGS.

You can't defeat a boss with 6 billion of trillions of erros at the same time.

It was not hard, it was bugged.

Quote Originally Posted by denkar
    By whom? I've been around since beta of MC (not beta of the game) and I can not recall anyone beating C'thun without a nerf. Granted kills were not as widely publicized then as they are now.
    as far as i know it was death&taxes, i remember everyone in the raid got a tankflask for this fight. (and damn those flasks were expensive in these days^^)

Viscidus was the easiest boss if you were hord (poison cleansing totems) or the hardest for alliance (farming 60-90 large venom sacks per player for a night of tries)

C'thun was up there but once you mastered it, you could easily replicate it provided you had no tards in the raid. Pre nerf C'thun was sinply unkillable and to the poster that said that he was killed is incorrect. C'thun was the original boss to spark up the European VS US patch order argument. C'thun was hotfixed first in Europe so europe got first kill which annoyed Death and Taxes right to their bones.

In my opinion the most difficult encounter was 4 horsemen at 60. This was a massive cockblock for a large amount of time and required insane coordination from 40 raid members. This was a completely revolutionary encounter.

Quote Originally Posted by froop
    Oceanic server lag at raid times... :'(
    Oh my yes...
    Incredibly hard.

Otherwise, C'thun prenerf imo.

Thaddius
    OH FUCK THIS MINUS SIGN MUST MEAN I HAVE TO GO NEAR THE PLUS TO CANCEL OUT THE DAMAGE I WILL TAKE
    Retard has died.
    Victim 1 has died.
    Victim 2 has died.
    Victim 3 has died.
    Retard has been removed from the guild by Victim 4.
    Victim 4 has died.
    Retard has left the raid group.

15+ Year Old Account

If I remember well, 4-Horsemen (Vanilla of course), Saphiron and Kel'Thuzad were also pretty hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitholan
    C'thun(pre-nerf)
    Kil'jaedan were extremely hard

but C'thun, no contest as hardest
    c'thun prenerf wasn't hard ...it was impossible cockblocked!

Hogger.

It's hands down Pre-nerf M'uru/Entropious. C'thun was as mentioned a "Fixed" encounter due to bugs not nerfed and once the fix was implemented it was downed pretty quickly, 4H was a cockblock of a fight agreed but it required 40 people where the drop off in skill was allowed across a 40 man raid.

25 man fights are much tougher as there is less room for mistakes therefore making tougher encounters, This can be evidenced in Sarth 3d being much tougher on 10 man than 25 as well, As the less people in a raid the less room for mistakes.

To the guy who mentioned Kil'Jaeden you must of done M'uru/Kj after patch 3 as I can assure you prior to patch 3 M'uru was a much tougher fight than Kj, Kj was a massive let down really after defeating M'uru given how easy it was in comparison.

With 40 man naxx removed C'Thun is the hardest boss. Kil'jaeden can make a case also. but I had a lot more trouble on C'Thun than I did Kil'jaeden.

personally the hardest fight I've ever faced was vael in bwl, it broke up the guild I was in at the time which was one of the first guilds on the server to clear mc. I don't think it was that the fight was particularly hard in its self, more that the level of difficulty people were used to - it was a massive slap in the face.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by roflpot
    personally the hardest fight I've ever faced was vael in bwl, it broke up the guild I was in at the time which was one of the first guilds on the server to clear mc. I don't think it was that the fight was particularly hard in its self, more that the level of difficulty people were used to - it was a massive slap in the face.

Ahhh I loved tanking that guy, my fingers still randomly twitch every now and then =P

I don't think any boss that was unkillable due to bugs should be considered "hard."

Kil'jaeden

Given you havnt downed Kj how can you say this.

he feels it.

My ret paladin.

but in all honesty, I have to agree that M'uru was the hardest pre nerf.