Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Re: Hardest boss fight in wow?

Kael'thas Sunstrider pre nerf.

How did this go on for 25 pages when it's on the front page that C'thun was the hardest?

It's just science. He was like an eight hour long boss fight that could end in the blink of an eye (lol pun).

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Pascal
    How did this go on for 25 pages when it's on the front page that C'thun was the hardest?

It's just science. He was like an eight hour long boss fight that could end in the blink of an eye (lol pun).
    Bugged to being unkillable != hard

He died within hours of being fixed.

Yogg+0

Mu'ru and Kael'thas Setbackstrider pre-nerf

Today it would be Heroic Anub'arak on 25man.

lvl 60 4H... it takes a DUMP on Pre-nerf Muru's chest... Yes I did both...

The Four Horsemen weren't as difficult as Kel'thuzad. The problem was tank requirement, and the essential gearing of the said tanks. The encounter in itself, wasn't as bad as more modern style encounters.

In general, the level of encounters been raised along with the game have improved, from being much tank'n'spank depending on gear/dps in Molten Core, to be more tactical already from the state of heroics in TBC.

firefighter

Quote Originally Posted by Cerelli
    firefighter
    Got nerfed, badly.

Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia
    Got nerfed, badly.
    before the nerf

Quote Originally Posted by Yuzzek
    I think many of these replys fail horribly due to subjective point of view.
    When guilds started to raid Naxx at lvl 60 there were many many really bad players in those 40 player raids. Bosses seem harder then they are when you got fools in the raid even if they do not suck so hard, that you could just say who it is.
    Add ons like Recount were the first ones that showed up who really sucks.

Nowadays with massively used add ons just like recount, decursive, boss mods, Grid etc things that seemed difficult with lvl 60 became somewhat easy. But can you say they are easy then? Just the equipment (add ons) changed and so the players job became more easy but in fact....the hardmodes you see in ulduar are harder than any lvl 60 boss imho. You just don't realize it because you got so much help through add ons nowadays and because nowadays it is much easier to find out who plays well and who not, so it is mu8ch easier to get bad players out of the raid.

To be honest, i don't think any encounter in wow is really hard. The whole system does not allow that. Most often so called difficulty is just RNG based to get progress ranks for the ones who try as long until RNG is with them on an encounter to get the first shot on them. And if 1000 guilds or something downed that boss just with that luckfactor it gets nerfed by that RNG degree so that you are able to kill it regardless of RNG. My Fireballs will not do more damage if i pressed the button with more power. I will not survive water elementalcharge + instant Freya DD as a clothie at freya + 3 and if this happens at the same time....screwed, nothing else. If that nature aoe will be triggered on my position at Thorim hard, i have to get behind another group, regardless of if there is the blizzard channeled and you can not decide between 2 positions to hide in every case. There are plenty of things that may happen and will wipe you and you can do a shit about it even if you are proskiller number 1. RNG as the major difficulty in this game. How much skill can a game take in which the hardcap for abilities is 1 second? You are not able to do more than 1 thing per second hardcapped? For many hardcoregamers this is almost a round based game, believe it or not.
    Ahh, what did happen as well? Formerly known as "oh shit buttons" became "needed in certain encounter to be able to survive buttons". That is what difficulty is? If shieldwall is needed by no means to be able to kill the boss and in the past this ability was used if something unexpected happened? /golfclap
    QFT!

C'thun and all the other crap at level 60 were not hard bosses for any player who knew what the hell was going on; it was merely the fact that in a 40 man raid you get alot of retards, thus retards in raid = hardmode boss. The tactics for the level 60 encounters were mostly trivial and rather boring. I found doing the Ogrila shard daily quest more challenging.

The only boss fight's worthy of being called hard are M'uru pre nerf and possibly Kael'thas pre nerf although some may disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by Omgimapencil

Pointing this out late, but Hogger is NOT a troll response:
    Hogger is probably the definition of a troll response. When I want to read bullshit, I'll read the biography of Stefan Raab or of some other retards.
    nachtticket.blogspot.com
    music blog, mainly (black) metal
    last.fm/user/veash

My guild recently completed 25-man Heroic Anub'arak and has been trying out Alone in the Darkness 25. We discovered something interesting.

The DPS requirement for Alone in the Darkness is still higher post nerf and in a tier higher gear. The coordination required for Empowering Shadows is considerably more difficult than Anub'arak.

Anub'arak is a very gimmicky fight. It strongly, and I do mean strongly, favours a warrior tank who has picked up weird block pieces from Ulduar and Naxxramas. This is considerably worse than a mere resistance set since it requires some drop luck on obscure pieces. It also strongly favours 3-4 paladins for hand of protection to delay impale in phase 2.

Furthermore Anub'arak's difficulty is vastly higher for healers than any other raid member (I say this as a mage). Phase 3 is all about how fast healers react to their 3 second window to heal penetrating cold. DPS really just spam their buttons and tanks just pick up a few mobs and tank them in place.

Alone in the Darkness requires everyone, everyone to be on top of their game. Phase 3 may be the hardest part but getting through phase 1-2 intact without any keeper buffs takes a lot of practice and extremely high DPS. It's without any doubt the hardest fight in the game for DPS.

Firefighter is overrated in my opinion. It's a huge amount of raid damage yes. And has six different things to not stand in. But at heart all six of those things are still easy to not stand in, you just have to do them all at once. Firefighter doesn't really approach Alone in the Darkness for any role except healers.

Four Horsemen still took a long while just to figure out your strategy/tank rotation in addition to the wacky tank requirement, I wouldn't underrate its difficulty but yes I'd say Gothik the Harvester and Kel'Thuzad were both harder to execute properly.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinictus
    QFT!

C'thun and all the other crap at level 60 were not hard bosses for any player who knew what the hell was going on; it was merely the fact that in a 40 man raid you get alot of retards, thus retards in raid = hardmode boss. The tactics for the level 60 encounters were mostly trivial and rather boring. I found doing the Ogrila shard daily quest more challenging.

The only boss fight's worthy of being called hard are M'uru pre nerf and possibly Kael'thas pre nerf although some may disagree.
    I'd also address the idea that Naxxramas at 60 was somehow easy and we were just all bad. The difference between the encounters is probably greater than the difference between a 10-man normal and 25-man heroic version of the same boss today. It's entirely unrecognizable. Sure you can say it's SORT OF the same encounter (in some cases it was dramatically changed see Four Horsemen and Loatheb) but the tuning was upped to nightmare mode. Imagine a Kel'Thuzad with double HP, that used his abilities twice his fast, had frost blast tick for 130% over 5 seconds, always mind controlled his tank with chains and was immune to taunt forcing a DPS stop and tank switch, whose frostbolt one shot the tank if not interrupted, whose frostbolt volley hit for 70% of your HP, whose Guardians also gained blood tap on switching targets or when a player died and imagine spreading 40 people out in that same small room. Hell even getting the melee into a diamond formation with 3 perfectly spaced camps plus the tank was a challenge in itself so you wouldn't all die to a chained frost blast. Keep inmind no wild growth or circle of healing existed to save the melee.

Shit wouldn't be easy even today in an age of super threat and misdirection and 30 yard taunts with a short cooldown.

And let's not talk about going and turning in Onyxia head per attempt on Loatheb or Kel'Thuzad and the horror of actually making flasks in scholomance back then.

Vanilla: no idea, didnt play yet.
    BC: pre-nerf M'uru (we never got past Entropius)
    WOTLK: Yogg+0

Mimiron Pre-nerf(before assault bots were tankable) was never killed.

Same with yogg-0 remember the adds in p1 mind controlled no one killed it until that was taken out and the spawn rate of the adds was lowered and there hp I think.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account

define hard.

at 80... with less than.. 10-15 people.. The Prophet Skeram is the hardest, the moment any caster gets MC'd the raid gets 1 shotted... lolz

(back to seriousness)

pre-TBC... well 1. obviously hogger.. but other than him.. hakkar with all the aspects up... probably toughest thing you could do from what i can think of...
    TBC... Lady Vashj pre-nerf
    WotLK... well i havent played any of the most recent stuff... but mimiron hard mode, pre-nerf.

Quote Originally Posted by vrede
    Hogger is probably the definition of a troll response. When I want to read bullshit, I'll read the biography of JESUS or of some other retardED BIBLE.
    Ehhhh. I've been reading this God Is Not Great Book a lot, and it provokes some interesting questions (about religion in general). Wanted to start an argument.

P.S. It's by Christopher Hitchens.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronark
    Your bridge is that way ---------->
    Hater's gonna hate.

And apparently I ended all of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronark
    Your bridge is that way ---------->
    Hater's gonna hate.