Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Re: Hardest boss fight in wow?

C'thun , Muru pre nerf, Putricide and Festergut combined

Professor Uru McGut?
    Ex-Ensidia & Clarity-Twisting Nether member.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommorello
    im sorry buy i simply facepalmed at this comment. You sir, clearly have no idea what youre tlaking about because in the Burning Crusade the alliance got a new race called draeni who could indeed play shamans. it was not vanilla, horde had paladins, don;t be retarded and post stupid things.

I apologize, let me dumb that down for you..."Da bloo space-goats has cleansing totemz in da burning croosade"
    You, sir, just made my day complete. Congratulations.

Quote Originally Posted by Riltia
    Mimiron 10 Normal is probably the hardest encounter I've come across (personally). Never seen a tank drop so fast!
    I've only ever been on one AQ40 run, and we couldn't down C'thun, even with about 30 of us, although we did Twin Emps first time, I think.
    Although, going by last night's guild run in Naxx10, you'd have thought the first Arachnid Quarter boss was the hardest
    Can't really think of any others.
    Wait......... What?
    Anyways from my experience (didnt raid in vanilla) I d say. Muru pre-nerf, 25man mimiron HM (we did it legitly way before nerfs and it was tough but VERY fun) and Algalon. Algalon has very simple mechanics BUT he is one of the most dps intensive fights having to deal 31 or more million in 6 minutes (spending about 1/6 mins getting outa big bangs and into the other universe). I dont exactly remember his hp coul have been more I quit raiding for about 3 months shortly after out realm first cause I was tired but I remember every dps having to pull more than 10k and beating the enrage timer by 5 seconds. Good times!

Done every boss except for muru/KJ. Didnt do cthun pre nerf either.

Those we wiped on for the longest time would be.

Kael'thas, Lady Vajsh and Anub 25 HM, all 3 are annoying in similar ways that you have to go through some phases and after 5-6 min enter the hard phase and whipe and do it all over :P The step up in difficulty from the other encounters in all 3 raids is also very steep.

Outsider, its not hard just totally gay, the boss of lots of ppl farming NR gear for huhuran in AQ40. Might actually have whiped more on huhuran then the others cause of lazy ppl back in the days, but i have done my best to try to forget about that encounter )

Yogg-Saron +0 has my vote. Just look at the drama involved regarding the supposed first kill and then the actual first kill.

Lucrifron!
    No one knew how to play their class or knew exactly what their skills did at the time.

Lack of knowledge is worse than any tank 1hitter or page long tactic boss fight T_T

Patchwerk, this guy is tough!

Well i guess Kil'jeaden, C'thun, Yogg-0, and bosses like that deserve a mention.

Quote Originally Posted by fredrik_
    Mimiron is not even _near_ the hardest fight in wows history.
    The Hardest fight imo was Viscidus (pre-nerf) or C'thun (pre'nerf), C'Thun spawning x2-x3 tentacles where only 1 was supposed to spawn. Totally insane.

then it's not hard, it's simply bugged.

Viscidus was not hard. most people were noobs at the time in 40m.

Muru is the hardest. tanking, dps'ing and healing are all intensive. and it requires constantly movement, dps switch, CC, accurate dispel for all pepople in raid. a single fault could cause wipe. like tanks miss mobs due to not capped hit somehting, dispel too early or late or not in correct position, dps switch not fast among adds, void and boss every 1 min etc.

yogg, 0 light is hard as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Delever
    Wait......... What?
    Anyways from my experience (didnt raid in vanilla) I d say. Muru pre-nerf, 25man mimiron HM (we did it legitly way before nerfs and it was tough but VERY fun) and Algalon. Algalon has very simple mechanics BUT he is one of the most dps intensive fights having to deal 31 or more million in 6 minutes (spending about 1/6 mins getting outa big bangs and into the other universe). I dont exactly remember his hp coul have been more I quit raiding for about 3 months shortly after out realm first cause I was tired but I remember every dps having to pull more than 10k and beating the enrage timer by 5 seconds. Good times!
    the most dps intensive fight is brutallus sir.....algalon not even close to that.

Malygos, or making people understand it. Didn't really play endgame 1.?..
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/general-discussions-22/world-of-warcraft-lore-by-richard-knaak-(spoilers)/

1. Viscidus
    2. Ouro
    3. Gothik (Naxx 40)
    4. Kil'jaeden

proly c'thun pre-nerf or LK25H without the aura
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Kilrogg&cn=Dreld

Why do people keep saying pre-nerf C'thun, it wasn't overpowered, it was flat out bugged and unkillable because he would spawn too many tentacles.

Quote Originally Posted by emjay
    anyway, stuff was different back then, guilds had to find their own tactics and there was no addon support like nowadays
    Addons like CT_Raid, Healbot, Decursive, which pretty much played the game for you?

10+ Year Old Account

1. Vanilla Boss
    2. Vanilla Boss
    3. Updated Vanilla Boss before Update
    4. Bugged Vanilla Boss pre nerf

Am I cool now?
    "Too many people have opinions on things they know nothing about. The more ignorant they are, the more opinions they have."
    -Thomas Hildern

Deleted

Players using addons during boss fights are not allowed talking about hard encounters - its all possible without them, this is killing fun during an already lost competition (someone had to kill the boss before you did so an addon would know what to announce )

When you talk about bosses trash needs some mention too

Anyone noticed how trash that are Blood Elves are a real PITA

The Eye
    H. MGT
    Mu'ru adds
    Crimson Hall trash

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account

Heigan the Unclean - Naxx 40 was a toughen
    Insert Signiture here.

Deleted

C'thun pre-nerf

viscidus pre-nerf

KJ

heigan the unclean in naxx40

yogg zero light

15+ Year Old Account

I'll get slammed for this, but when I first began raiding, Domo (MC) was a bitch for me as a healer. I got used to it eventually, but it was a stressful first few encounters.

Twins (TotGC) were also really difficult at first.
    Remember this, kids, it is very important. Even if your mommy makes you a super hero costume, do not attempt to do any of these things, especially flying. Because you cannot do it. You do not have super powers. Because there is only one Super Grover. And that is me.