arena - gear for survival, regen or throughput as disc?

Hi,
    I'm new to arena on my discipline priest. I started off in levelling blues last week, and understandably got mercilessly raped by every team we came across. As a stop gap until I farm the honour to get deadly gear, I crafted the full savage nub resilience set. My survivability is marginally better but I find I go oom all the time.

So, when I get decent gear do I need to gem and enchant for regen? Or survivability?

Deleted

Re: arena - gear for survival, regen or throughput as disc?

Frostsavage set is not halfbad as starter gear. Well, it's not fit for arena but decent on bgs until you've honoured your way to better gear.

I still have frostsavage shoulders and legs, rest is switched and I'm ok on arena now. However, mana is an issue and I have hateful satin on the gears I've swapped frostsavage to. I haven't gemmed for any mp5 or so, cause I want to use the gear for my shadow priest spec as well. I will try to get two pieces of mooncloth and find out what the spirit will do and if it will affect mana something. Might go for lots of gemswapping otherwise and get some mp5 gems I can use for arena.

Much how in PVE where healers have to concern themselves with throughput and mana and achieve a balance between them, it's much the same in PVP, except you need to balance survivability, mana, and to some extent, throughput. IMO, it's pretty simple to determine how to upgrade your gear based upon performance. Are you dying while you still have mana left? You need more Stam and Resilience. Are you running out of mana? You need to get more Intellect and Spirit/MP5. Spell Power is always good too, and it helps with both survivability and mana as well as throughput

Generally, if you're just starting out, you pretty much need to focus almost entirely on Survivability. If you have less than 700-800 Resilience and 20k-ish Health, you'll get raped pretty quickly if they burn you. Personally, I wouldn't bother to gem anything besides Resilience and Stamina until you get to around those levels, but considering you can get Deadly gear from Honor now, it should be pretty simple to achieve those levels. After you get to a base level of Stamina and Resilience, then you want to try to gem more balanced and make adjustments based upon performance.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeuq
    Generally, if you're just starting out, you pretty much need to focus almost entirely on Survivability.
    thanks