Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: Best Add-on for Spriest?

Quote Originally Posted by hezzaba
    well for starters mr casualcrafter it shows how much dmg u would have done >.> but to the rest of the non casual crafters who raid/pvp to rep our realms in progression its kinda important cause if the boss and its a no brainer bosses still reist partial ammounts of our spells dmg but u can see how much and then figure out someway to fix that problem some how id hope
    WTB Dictionary Gibberish - English
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

Yes cuz there is really no other addon where you can see stuff like that, oh wait.

Quote Originally Posted by AetherMcLoud
    Oh yeah I forgot that all-knowing Nezoia knows EXACTLY WHICH ADDONS I TRIED AND WHICH I DIDN'T.

Don't make the mistake of thinking you know everything. Try to come down from your high horse for once before argueing with me.
    I tried all the dot-related addons out there. And yeah that includes Forte. I like DoTimers the best.

*cue part where Nezoia flames me for not knowing anything, not having downed Yogg-Saron Hard Mode, and generally being just a pawn to him, like this whole forum here seems to be in his mind*

Will try EventHorizon though which is new.
    Don't worry Aether, Nezoia hasn't downed much.

http://armory.wow-europe.com/charact...a&gn=Damnation

check out the raid achievements. .
    I don't do this because i dislike Nezoia, I do this because he comes off like a prick in these forums and should be humbled a bit. He does know the priest class, but he doesn't know more than you can find at EJ, wow forums, or shadowpriest.com.

Quote Originally Posted by hezzaba
    ....to rep our realms in progression its kinda important cause if the boss and its a no brainer bosses still reist partial ammounts of our spells dmg but u can see how much and then figure out someway to fix that problem some how id hope

Umm,

You can adjust your hit to make sure the spells hit, and does not miss.

...there is no way to reduce or change the amount of damage a boss resists.

Your MB does 11000, and Yogg resists 1337 ...Chalk that one up to your old friend R N G.
    I thoroughly disapprove of duels. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand and lead him to a quiet place and kill him. - Mark Twain

i like class timer

why is there always a fight breaking out when nezoia posts? let's hold hands and make peace

GM/Raid Leader of <Air>, Sargeras-US, Alliance
    13/13M Mythic Morning/Day-Time Raiding Guild

Now recruiting for Legion! Apply at air-guild.com

Quote Originally Posted by Xel
    why is there always a fight breaking out when nezoia posts? let's hold hands and make peace
    Kumbaya anyone ?
    I thoroughly disapprove of duels. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand and lead him to a quiet place and kill him. - Mark Twain

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Has classtimer gone a bit weird for anyone else? After the patch, mine was showing all priest debuffs on the boss, not just mine, which made it pretty useless for keeping track of DoTs.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Quote Originally Posted by Mstone2005
    I don't do this because i dislike Nezoia, I do this because he comes off like a prick in these forums and should be humbled a bit. He does know the priest class, but he doesn't know more than you can find at EJ, wow forums, or shadowpriest.com.
    Yeah, common knowledge. Only thing beyond that worth discussing is experience, and optimization (such as add-ons).

And and yeah, been slacking on Ulduar, I went casual in liek... December, busy studying and all !

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon
    Has classtimer gone a bit weird for anyone else? After the patch, mine was showing all priest debuffs on the boss, not just mine, which made it pretty useless for keeping track of DoTs.
    API change, all DoT add-on did this until update.

(Did I mention Forte updated faster than any other? )

Quote Originally Posted by AetherMcLoud
    Well you respond like a guy who thinks he's better than everyone else while he isn't. Obviously.
    No, you think, that I think, that I'm better than anyone else. I don't claim to be better, I just claim not to be bad (which is easy, for anyone with a brain).

Problem is with many humans, you included apparently, is they get pissed by reading blunt box logic responses. Have fun being mad, I really couldn't care less.

It's the internet, and I'm hungry.

Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia
    Yeah, common knowledge. Only thing beyond that worth discussing is experience, and optimization (such as add-ons).
    You can't tell someone how to experience or how to optimize, as you have attempted to do earlier in the thread. Both of those are based on individual play style and what a player is more comfortable with. Instead of simply posting information about an addon, you post information in a fashion that makes you sound like an arrogant prick.

ie.
    C'mon kids, you gotta know all the pro players use Forte Xorcist.

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...teWarlock.html

Knock yourself out It *IS* better than everything else.
    Better information of resists, ticks, temporary buffs (trinkets), target debuffs, and more.

Tons of things it can do that DoTimers cannot.
    Instead of posting saying that the addon you use is better than any other addon out there, try just posting that you use that addon and that it does "x". People are much more likely to receive the information politely, instead of constantly flaming you. Unless you just use these forums for attention, then keep doing what you're doing.

I don't know, but they're getting like that around me too. :-\
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti
    I don't know, but they're getting like that around me too. :-\

it's only syanid i think ;D

Quote Originally Posted by Prayerz
    ...there is no way to reduce or change the amount of damage a boss resists.
    Needs moar spell pen IMO.

I did notice that I get partial resists on Mimiron quite a bit, but that's from reviewing my combat logs later, not from EventHorizon.

Nezoia, thanks for the information, I might try that addon later but I've become very accustomed to using EventHorizon personally, so switching it up this late in the game may throw me off TBH, I like the simplicity of it and the fact that there's no management to be done at all for it.

What I don't like about EventHorizon is the complete lack of Holy Fire DoT watch. What if I want to go lolsmite spec?

it's only syanid i think ;D
    And Worshaka
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti
    And Worshaka
    but he plays troll so we can ignore trolls ;D

I love it when people fight about my addon :-*

But is there any input I can use here? ;D

+1 for quartz, set up the target buffs and debuffs and you don't need any dot timer mods.