Thread: [Rapture]

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

[Rapture]

3/3 [Rapture], does the the 2% of the mana thing work on my self? if I cast shield on me I get 2% of my mana and 2.5% of my mana again after it has been dispelled/absorbed?

Thanks in advance.
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Doomhammer&n=Tixwi

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Doomhammer&n=Mnem%C3%AEc

Re: [Rapture]

Rapture Rank 3
    When your Power Word: Shield is completely absorbed or dispelled you are instantly energized with 2.5% of your total mana, and you have a 100% chance to energize your shielded target with 2% total mana, 8 rage, 16 energy or 32 runic power. This effect can only occur once every 12 sec.

I highlighted the important bits in the tooltip of the talent, anyone with basic English knowledge can grasp its meaning.

Quote Originally Posted by syanid
    Rapture Rank 3
    When your Power Word: Shield is completely absorbed or dispelled you are instantly energized with 2.5% of your total mana, and you have a 100% chance to energize your shielded target with 2% total mana, 8 rage, 16 energy or 32 runic power. This effect can only occur once every 12 sec.

I highlighted the important bits in the tooltip of the talent, anyone with basic English knowledge can grasp its meaning.
    so........ is that a yes then?

I've never seen the later part of the talent work, does it only trigger when the shield gets absorbed?

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by rarwzs
    3/3 [Rapture], does the the 2% of the mana thing work on my self? if I cast shield on me I get 2% of my mana and 2.5% of my mana again after it has been dispelled/absorbed?

Thanks in advance.
    Fairly certain the 2% and the 2.5% do stack when shielding yourself.

Rapture Rank 3

The one who is stupid is you tbh... I know that I get the 2.5% mana but I dont know for sure that I get the other 2% of my mana. l2read.. my english isnt the best but I dont complain about others when my suck aswell like u do.

Rapture Rank 3

Wanted to say thanks for the elitest prick version of your answer, also you should learn to be a little more helpful. If you aren't going to then don't even bother posting and just spam trade chat about the "noobs" on the forums.

I also would like a STRAIGHT forward answer. Unfortunatlly I can not run any numbers right now because I am out of town.

It's not my fault some of you are mentally challenged, you should complain to someone else about it. It's plain and simple English, it's not me who has to learn to read, it's you rarwzs. A bit of English comprehension wouldn't hurt.

You get 2%, target gets 2.5%. You can shield yourself. Pull the conclusion out now.

Then how come I cant see in my combat log that I get any mana from it myself?

Post the line from the combat log then (sshot). I'll duel someone and post the same after the bubble gets broken.

It worked just as the tooltip said on the ptr, have not bothered to check live since I just assumed it worked. Yes if you target yourself you will get both when the shield is fully absorbed assuming that you have not energized someone else within 12 seconds.

Post the line from the combat log then (sshot). I'll duel someone and post the same after the bubble gets broken.
    why would u duel? what dont u understand...its the energize I did wanna know if it work on my self.

and about read the tooltip, I didnt make this post for somone to tell me what it says, maybe you do things like that. but I did wanna know for sure that It work as it says since it wouldnt be the first time things doesnt work as it should do and its feel kind wrong to get back 4.5% mana by doing a spell like that.

Quote Originally Posted by rarwzs
    why would u duel? what dont u understand...its the energize I did wanna know if it work on my self.

and about read the tooltip, I didnt make this post for somone to tell me what it says, maybe you do things like that. but I did wanna know for sure that It work as it says since it wouldnt be the first time things doesnt work as it should do and its feel kind wrong to get back 4.5% mana by doing a spell like that.
    I'd duel because I can bring my mana down and ask the guy to hit me to break the bubble, then it's easy to read the log. Simple reason, and it takes you like what, 20secs to find out if 2% and 2.5% work on you (and they do, unless you energized someone else meanwhile, which is what tooltip suggests).

And why would it feel wrong? You won't get 4.5% back, you'll always get 2% back in raid environment since you'll shield the tank most of the times, and their bubbles get owned in 1-2 hits.

Rapture Rank 3

I Highlighted the last part which actually answers the question which your smart ass post did not do. All you highlighted were the parts pertaining to the 2.5% you get when it gets used up which he knows.

You get 2%, target gets 2.5%. You can shield yourself. Pull the conclusion out now.
    There you go, but lose the attitude and you would have been a normal helpful person!

Now for the answer..."Your shielded target"...if that's you then you get the 2%. When I solo with my shield on, when it gets used up I get 2 rapture procs. I see 2 separate lines in the combat log and 2 float above my head with scrolling combat text addon. The 2.5% for the self proc and the 2% for the target energize.

So yes, you get both procs if you shield yourself and the shield gets used up or dispelled, not clicked off or timed out.

EX - <PIE CHART> US TOP 10 Check 'em out http://piechart-guild.com/

Other way around... YOU get 2.5, they get 2%.

If shield is cast on yourself, and it is destroyed or dispelled, you will gain back 4.5% of your mana.

And to note: Clicking it off or it running out of time does NOT proc Rapture. You'll see rapture proc when it does, you you should have a small blue burst of light on you when it does.

I'm impressed by the amount who is mentally challenged about the fact that "target" can equal "self".

Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia
    I'm impressed by the amount who are mentally challenged about the fact that "target" can equal "self".
    Sorry, bugged me :P

ZOMG WAFFLES ARE BETTER THEN PANCAKES!

Hello,

Is Shadow Affinity better than Rapture?

Sorry to bother. My priest can't try it out since not lvl45 yet. :P

Deleted

Another question, a bit offtopic, sry

I'm searching for an addon, that starts a "timer", when Rapture procs and counts down the 12 sec.
    Anyone know if theres such a thing? Best would be stand alone ...
    No need for a "timebars-fill-up-your-screen"-Addon

Thanks in advance