Page 1 of 3
LastLast

holy dps question

Sorry if that question was asked already. I juts wouldlike to ask any priest who used this lolsmite spec and was able to compare it to shadow spec during raids.
    Some numbers would be nice
    thx a lot

Re: holy dps question

http://www.mmo-champion.com/index.php?topic=42263.0

http://holyfirespec.blogspot.com/

Smite spec will not be viable until smite and holy fire gain a 100% crit damage talent and SoL is made to work like lightning overload.

As of right now, there is absolutely no gear selection/rotation/skill to equate Holy dps to Shadow dps.

...But it is sooooo much fun. Smite ftw.

What's so fun about spamming one and a half spell during 5 minutes of boss encounter? Reminds me of the days of BM hunter in tbc where you bound 1 macro to your mousewheel and scrolled it like you were on speed.

Quote Originally Posted by syanid
    What's so fun about spamming one and a half spell during 5 minutes of boss encounter? Reminds me of the days of BM hunter in tbc where you bound 1 macro to your mousewheel and scrolled it like you were on speed.
    Smite spec uses a complex priority rotation involving Holy Fire, Smite, Shadow Word: Pain, Devouring Plague, and Shadow Word: Death and maximizing Glyph of Smite.

Opener: SW, DP, SW:P, HF, Smitex4, SW, Smite, HF....

It then goes to a priority rotation:

HF + Smite(Glyphed)x4
    DP
    SW:P
    SW
    Smite

L2Smite.

It's ok, nobody cares that you have no idea what you are talking about. Just because you are so stupid you cannot seem to figure out that even as Smite spec you will still use Devouring Plague, SW:P, and SW while moving and think that the only buttons you would use are Holy Fire and Smite, we still have the same amount of respect for you.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

it'd be pretty cool if they gave holy/disc some options for "holy" dps. it's kind of funny to have those buttons there just never used for any raids or anything =\

i have to agree with this dude.... even after the SWp SWd and devouring plague comment.... its still lame.... but i believe its the same with every other caster.... except we do 1k dps less.

It's just a game.

Regardless of the numbers you put out, man, just spec it and have fun with it. This game does not always have to be an epeen measuring contest.

HOLY DPS BATMAN!

.....sorry

Quote Originally Posted by Amgyn
    i have to agree with this dude.... even after the SWp SWd and devouring plague comment.... its still lame.... but i believe its the same with every other caster.... except we do 1k dps less.

Every class in the game just spams its abilities in a rotation or first come first serve, so by your logic no class in the game is fun to DPS with.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

i can only point you to the wws of one of my visitors. i'm more of a theorycrafter than a practitioner. i am currently unsubscribed due to school so i can't validate.

http://wowwebstats.com/awgwqv4g2m4na

he is listed at 16th.

his spec is slightly different than mine, he does not use SW.

smite is a fun spec, not an efficient spec. as for its viability, that depends on the people you raid with. if they can't tolerate good gear wasted on poor damage, then it is not viable. it seems to be contradictory to what i do as i blog about it while bad mouthing it, but this is my honest un-bias opinion.

it doesn't stop me from playing it though. honestly if you are going to 1 button faceroll like every other dps in your raid, at least pick a spec that does different color damage.

GM/Raid Leader of <Air>, Sargeras-US, Alliance
    13/13M Mythic Morning/Day-Time Raiding Guild

Now recruiting for Legion! Apply at air-guild.com

Ty very much for answers. Indeed its very fun to play

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon
    It's ok, nobody cares that you have no idea what you are talking about. Just because you are so stupid you cannot seem to figure out that even as Smite spec you will still use Devouring Plague, SW:P, and SW while moving and think that the only buttons you would use are Holy Fire and Smite, we still have the same amount of respect for you.
    Oh no, I got called dumb by a scrub

Who will fix my feelingz now ;(

I didn't know you got to read minds, care to teach me how it works over internet? I had no clue i used SW while moving until you told me I did, I am so very much grateful for that.

I'm sorry, since you seemed to think that a Smite priest would only use one and a half spells I thought you could use some help.

Smite priests are bored people anyway, I couldn't care less what they use, it might be fun to chase away the boredom playing the smite spec but if you want to see that bit of the content that's offered (Ulduar) you won't get in by smiting. It's more than plainly obvious, unless your guild chooses to carry you. And still, using 3 shadow spells and one and a half holy spell.. cmon, sounds like halfbred mage with broken arcane/fire rotation.

I'm very sorry you got offended, but save your petty insults for someone else, I'm too old to be flamed by 18 year olds who tend to bite when someone insults their favorite WoW button.

Having said that, good luck being special, I hope it works out and may all your smite blogs become successfull and bring you internet glory and honor.

Actually, when people go onto threads and post blatently wrong information, I find it is easier to correct it. And I am not a smite priest, I am Shadow/Holy(healing), I just dislike it when people tell others how to play when they have no idea what they are talking about.

Looking at the WWS log that was posted, there is no point casting MB as the Damage Per Execute time was 200dps lower than smite. Consiering SW is lower DPE than MB I can't say it would be worth casting SW either.

So the holy dps rotation is 2 dots, Holy fire and smite as your filler spell... if that is 'fun' (and thats the argument being presented here) how is this different to the current shadow rotation? Its no different and i'll illustrate how it's exactly the same. First keep in mind that SW:P is cast once and forgotten about, so you cast 2 dots, cast MB (in place of holy fire) and use MF as filler (in place of smite). It's exactly the same rotation but apparently it's more fun to do it as holy.

I tell you why idiots say smite is fun (which is really insinuating its more fun than shadow)... because they are trying to be unique and by trying to dps in a tree that is designed to heal they somehow feel special.

If you want to dps, do it in the appropriate tree and stop your QQ about how Holy should incorporate a dps aspect. If you want 2 dps trees you rolled the wrong class.

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon
    Actually, when people go onto threads and post blatently wrong information, I find it is easier to correct it. And I am not a smite priest, I am Shadow/Holy(healing), I just dislike it when people tell others how to play when they have no idea what they are talking about.
    Come on, drop the bullshit please. Anyone with IQ over 2 can conclude that holy dps is nowhere near shadow dps. I couldn't care less what smiters do and what "complex" rotations they use since it's pointless as it's not viable for raiding. It doesn't take much to conclude that, OMG, smite dps consists of everything you can cast AND SMITE. I argued the fun part about it and the useful part about smiting. And yes, it's one and a half spell spam.

Also Worshaka said it perfectly - it's exactly that, people trying to be special.

Deleted

Actually mindblast/shadowword:death isnt cast for a dpsincrease in the first place, it is to proc improved spirittap for more longevity.

If you dont like smitespec, dont play it.

We all know shadow does superior dps over smitespec, but smitespec offers a lot more burst then shadow, which is what makes it fun for me, and in the end you're not the one paying my subscription and we will propably never meet eachother ingame, so who cares.

lol, more burst... how do you figure it does more burst? You dont crit as hard because it has no crit talents, ur dots dont crit and if you study the wws log that was posted the max hits dont even come close to that of shadow. So I don't buy that argument one bit...

If you want to say that you want to play holy dps, I have no issue, but dont go trolling through forums demanding blizzard to change the tree to cater to your needs.