Help my fiance with Holy healing.

She's a pretty good healer but was used to doing more before LK. She's got all 25-man Naxx and a couple 25-Ulduar pieces. I only play dps classes so only know healers on a basic scale. From EJ:Your primary four tools are: Prayer of Mending, Flash Heal, Circle of Healing, and Prayer of Healing. Enter every burst phase with a 3-stack of Serendipity up, start with two hasted PoHs (note that it's currently "bugged", and you can get the haste effect on two casts in a row), and then CoH. Two FH, then a final PoH+CoH, and the raid damage should be topped up. Regen a bit, then restack Serendipity and get ready for the next one. Just curious if this is basically what the holy priest's rotation requires in general, or is there a lot more to it. Please help as she's getting discouraged in raids as she's doing a good job, just not like she used to. I don't want her to quit as she'd then ride my ass about playing, lol. Any help's appreciated as it'll make my life a whole lot easier.

QQ canoe now boarding, good seats going fast!!!

Re: Help my fiance with Holy healing.

There is no rotation when it comes to healing. If you do raid heal, you anticipate the damage. If you MT heal, you anticipate damage. You got the tools to soften the blows (PoM, Renew, PW:S) and tools to do the direct heals (fheal, gheal, PoH, Coh).
    As a healer, you combine those when the situation requires it.

Quote Originally Posted by syanid
    There is no rotation when it comes to healing. If you do raid heal, you anticipate the damage. If you MT heal, you anticipate damage. You got the tools to soften the blows (PoM, Renew, PW:S) and tools to do the direct heals (fheal, gheal, PoH, Coh).
    As a healer, you combine those when the situation requires it.

lies. pallys have a rotation.

its fol fol fol fol fol fol fol fol fol.

I'm not trying to be a grammar nazi here, but a fiance is a male, and fiancée is a female.

I made this mistake once, and people thought I was gay for about a few days before I put realized what happened. It was like a bad sitcom.
    Quote Originally Posted by nzall
    that is a moment where even /headdesk does not quite cut it. i promptly proceeded to /bodywall.

Grid Plus Clique=speed

Quote Originally Posted by Keoni
    I'm not trying to be a grammar nazi here, but a fiance is a male, and fiancée is a female.

I made this mistake once, and people thought I was gay for about a few days before I put realized what happened. It was like a bad sitcom.
    Much appreciated, at work and was trying to get this up as quickly as possible. Hail Keoni, sorry I just couldn't resist.

QQ canoe now boarding, good seats going fast!!!

It is pretty important as holy to be able to easily see where your seredipity stack is at and yoru SoL procs. Event Alert is the easiest route to get this, others involve more configuration such as making a new buff group with a whitelist with your buff addon of choice or configuring power auras or a similar addon.

http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...ent-alert.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by HotsPal

lies. pallys have a rotation.

its fol fol fol fol fol fol fol fol fol.
    Not true... you forgot:

BoL fol fol fol fol fol fol fol fol fol fol fol fol fol fol fol fol fol fol HS fol fol fol fol fol fol fol fol fol fol fol fol fol fol fol fol fol fol BoL.

But on a more constructive note, there isn't a "rotation" as has be already mentioned, rather a good Holy priest will understand the rhythm of the fight and prepare for incoming damage appropriately.

If she isn't using grid+clique or healbot, then she is missing out on alot of reaction time.

Having Serendipity at 3stacks for emergencies is really important. When raid healing as Holy on fights where raid damage is light enough to be taken care of by CoH, FH, & ProM, I hold my Serendipity for a quick Gheal bomb on the tank if he gets low.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiritusVex
    Not true... you forgot:

BoL fol fol fol fol fol fol fol fol fol fol fol fol fol fol fol fol fol fol HS fol fol fol fol fol fol fol fol fol fol fol fol fol fol fol fol fol fol BoL
    BOL? Priest forums.

Quote Originally Posted by qwertyk
    BOL? Priest forums.
    Sorry, forgot to add my <sarcasm> </sarcasm> tags. It will not happen again.

If you spam FoL you are bad

Quote Originally Posted by mclovvin
    Grid Plus Clique=speed
    Grid + mouse over macros work very well too.
    ex.
    /cast [target=mouseover] Flash Heal
    Anything +Grid is simple and pretty much works on install.

Healbot is nice, takes some time to configure but works well afterwards.

Also, there isn't a set rotation for Holy priests. She will be tossing out every tool in the book. Get something to watch Serendipity, etc procs such as event alert like a previous poster stated. Two very under-utilized tools are Binding Heal and Holy Nova. They are both pretty heavy on the mana, but can save your ass. With holy nova glyphed and as disc spec I was doing constant 5kish heals.

being a holy raid healer is about knowing the fights and as a consequence knowing the type of spell preference.

TBH I have not got to this point in Ulduar - I'm chucking round heals like no tomorrow in a very reactive manner. I probably started Naxx int he same way. But now every naxx fight I have my go to spells that form a preference/rotation.

TBH you will learn more from 5x wipes than a full clear every time - and I use pretty tight assignments to cover this as well. I put a Shaman on melee for example - they tend to be a bit tighter bunched so CH will jump. that leaves me on ranged raid - all spread out and important to get those serendipity Gheal bombs off quick. But where you are in quadrants with tank, a few melee and a few ranged near I use Coh and PoM on the melee and Sol procs and GH on the ranged.

But having said that a plan is only a plan - execution is always more messy than that. All i can really say about raid healing is be on your toes, use every tool and good luck. And that's unfortunately pretty crap advice as we knew that to start with...

Quote Originally Posted by sweet_bretto
    I don't want her to quit as she'd then ride my ass about playing, lol. Any help's appreciated as it'll make my life a whole lot easier.
    ever had heard of the girl left the guy because when she stoped wow, she barely saw him?
    Dont do the same error he did. rl taste better if you have something to do

im a french canadian, so what?
    If you think i'm a small gnome, bend over so i can slap you.