Glyphs: Prayer or Healing vs. Renew

I am currently healing holy with the following glyphs:

Glyph of Flash Heal
    Glyph of Renew
    Glyph of Circle of Healing

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...dan&n=Cashiere

So with the changes to Prayer of Healing that it now can be cast on other groups in a raid, I have been considering swapping out the Renew glyph for the PoH one. I think the HoT effect from Glyph of PoH would be very nice, since there are boss fights in Ulduar where PoH comes in very handy (Ignis, Mimiron, Hodir), and be more of a benefit than the 25% extra healing of a Renew that is 3 second shorter in duration.

Any thoughts?

Re: Glyphs: Prayer or Healing vs. Renew

prayer of healing

GM/Raid Leader of <Air>, Sargeras-US, Alliance
    13/13M Mythic Morning/Day-Time Raiding Guild

Now recruiting for Legion! Apply at air-guild.com

I find myself using renew alot more than PoH, so it was an easy choice for me.

Puts the "Super" in Supermod Venara's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

I'd go with PoH anway.

The Renew glyph doesn't affect Emp. Renew at all, it just increases the ticks by decreasing the duration. Often my Renew ticks are only overheal, so by *not* using the glyph you increase the chance of Renew actually healing someone ^^
    For Moderation Concerns, please contact a Global:
    TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

15+ Year Old Account

When I'm holy I like Renew, myself. I used the PoH glyph over CoH in Naxx, but I find myself using Renew a lot more with the synergy between Emp Renew and Holy Concentration/etc, especially with Renew having ticks >2k.
    Mistweaver Monk | Holy Priest

I personally use CoH, flash heal, and guardian spirit. The renew glyph isnt great. It doesnt actually make your renew heal for any more than before, it simply shortens the duration for the same total amount healed.. and it seems to be buggy, actually causing you to heal for less for the total duration than unglyphed.

I really love guardian spirit -- it allows me to use guardian spirit very liberally and prevent the death proc from going off at all with the increased healing. PoH is neat, but the HoT almost always overheal due to other healers topping people up.

I use CoH, GS and FH glyphs
    The more ppl CoH hits the more likely SoL will proc - and that gives you an Assload more healing than renew anyway

I have taken all points out of renew and use it very rarely. and have not noticed it's absence and doubt if i ever will

I agree with Niia. Myself I don't use renew a whole lot, mainly only on the tanks a few other times I toss one out. It's not a major part of my healing. PoH, is now a very nice spell. Though it's still situational and and I don't think the added Hot effect is worth it for a Glyph spot unless your using the spell an awful lot. Guardian spirit on the other hand, though you wont use it all the time. Is an amazing ability to have on a 1 min cool down. In Ulduar I've managed to use it 4-5 times a fight just as an added bonus on a tank when I know he's going to get hit hard. Being able to increase all healing on a target by 40% every min or so is far more beneficial than a relatively small in the long run healing boost to a situational spell.
    Science started out as a form of Magic.
    When Science is advanced enough Magic is dispelled.
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from Magic.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...istract/simple

Ive been using:
    flash
    CoH
    PoH

I was even considering dropping flash and giving nova a go, I spend so much time raid healing now.

PoH glyph is awesome!

I would also recommend at least one priest have GS glyph, GS on tank every minute = TANK SURVIVE!

I really hate the PoH glyph. It's so negligible. It ticks twice, so if one of the ticks becomes an over heal (which is usually the case if you have a druid or another priest in the group) you lose 50% of the glyphs effectiveness. I wish it at least ticked faster and more often. It's only 2 ticks for ~600+ (that's with a crit) which is almost nothing and can become over healing easily.

I like the idea of the tank pretty much never dying with a GS glyph and if you have 2 GS priests, pretty much becomes almost never. Something about that security appeals to me much more than the most-likely-over-heal-negligible-amount-of-healing.

CoH-Flash-GS !!

EX - <PIE CHART> US TOP 10 Check 'em out http://piechart-guild.com/

Quote Originally Posted by mutantboy
    I have taken all points out of renew and use it very rarely. and have not noticed it's absence and doubt if i ever will
    Toss it on Slag Pot, or a tank whoever, and I can guarantee you'll make use of it. Real priests use all the spells in their arsenal that they can. Granted, the glyph is a little meh.

Plus, Empowered Renew is sex for Holy Concentration
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Even dropping 1 point in it so that your renews can crit is worth it.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

PoH!

What I do is skip improved renew and take 3/3 Empowered renew. Even if you don't use renew much, you get more +healing from Empowered renew than Improved plus the bonus of an instant heal effect.

Then I take the Glyphs :
    Flash Heal
    CoH
    Guardian Spirit
    Science started out as a form of Magic.
    When Science is advanced enough Magic is dispelled.
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from Magic.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...istract/simple

Deleted

PoH is extremely useful in Ulduar. It's great for Xt-002 tamtrum or Mimiron's P2, just to name a few. I dropped my PW:S glyph to take the PoH glyph. In Mimiron, 6-9 % of my total healing comes from this glyph.

These are my glyphs: FH + PoH + CoH

Quote Originally Posted by G l o w y r m
    CoH-Flash-GS !!
    Raid healing 90% of the time and I still find that 40% healing on a 1minute CD is worth it. It is really nice for the mt healers in your raid especially coordinating with paladins divine plea when their wings are down. I find with the glyph I use GS even when i think it might be needed instead of saving it all the time.

Pure awesome for Generax Vezax during surge of darkness (we use the stand there and tank it method, barkskin ftw)