15+ Year Old Account

Dualspec - Ret DPS in Prot Gear

I do ~1200 dps while tanking. My gear isn't very good, obviously. However on some bosses I would like to switch over to either Holy or Ret.

If I were to switch specs to Ret and keep the exact same gear, and put in a Titansteel Destroyer as my weapon, what kind of dps could I be seeing, assuming Naxx 10, non-BIS gear? My guess is just shy of 3k, fully buffed.

Please and thank you.

R.I.P. YARG

Re: Dualspec - Ret DPS in Prot Gear

you won't do much considering your crit will be like 15% or so and with prot gear you'll be missing the majority of stats that help out a ret pally so i'd say in a 25man you'd probably get 2k max and 1.5k in 10man

You should pretty easily do 2k+ dps in prot gear.

I tanked Thorim last night and for the 2nd phase I did ~2.7kdps.

Just use your high damaging abilities, your short CD abilities are what are going to count.

Shield oh the righteousness, hammer of the righteousness, judgement, etc. Use seal of blood.

With my prot gear using ret spec and my ret weapon...

2456 AP, 15.3% crit, zero haste (unbuffed).

I had better ret stats when I first hit level 80 in quest greens and blues, iirc...

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

You will also be missing quite a bit of hit if you change to ret spec with tanking gear reducing your dps alot. what adamson said does not really fit the post, as he asked about prot items on a ret spec; hence you will not be using SotR etc..

I carry a pvp set of items and a nice 2hander with me and when needed i just jump to my ret spec and slap them on.. will do better dps in even "decent" ret gear than being in prot gear with a ret spec. Remember that the mains stats for ret differ from prot quite a bit.

You'd do better DPS as some funky DPS prot spec, but you'd be oom after ~4-5 rotations

See I'd say stay prot and put on ret gear, I've messed around with this and goten some amazing SoR & Hammer hits. Its kinda fun seeing all your prot spells crit every time haha.

It really wouldn't be very good comparatively. It's super easy to get a good ret set for starting out raids. Here are some tips:

Head: Spiked Titansteel Helm (Crafted)
    Neck: Titanium Impact Choker (BoE)
    Shoulders: Spaulders of the Giant Lords (Hodir Revered, which everyone should have anyways)
    Back: Cloak of Bloodied Waters (BoE)
    Chest: Darkheart Chestguard (Ebon Blade Exalted)
    Bracers: Wristbands of the Sentinal Huntress (BoE)
    Gloves: No Great Options; T7 Gloves are fairly easy to get, though (sarth/badges); prot gloves for the meanwhile
    Belt: Belt of the Titans (BoE) If someone has the pattern; If not, you're waiting on the H Nexus drop
    Legs: Legplates of Bloody Reprisal (Wyrmcrest Exalted) [note: get the staggering legplates ASAP]
    Boots: Death-Inured Sabatons (Ebon Blade Exalted) OR Battlelord's Plate Boots (BoE) if someone has the pattern
    Finger: Ring of Scarlet Shadows (BoE)
    Finger: Titanium Impact Band (BoE)
    Trinket: No good, easy options here. DMC:G is available, if you're willing to drop 10,000ish g, though
    Weapon: Titansteel Destroyer (BoE)
    Libram: Venture Co. Libram of Retribution (Venture Coins)

Yeah, just buy some ret gear.