First time tank.

So I've been a rogue since close to the beginning of this game and done nothing but DPS for years. In TBC I decided to change it up and roll a healer (BE Priest) It was kinda fun for a bit but I still didn't find what I was looking for. So after my misadventures of DPS and healing I decided to give tanking a whirl with my brand new prot pally. Now I have to say that tanking is by far the most entertaining thing I've done in this game thus far but I have a few questions.

I'm lvl 70 atm mostly in quest greens and blues that were geared towards tanking enchants with varies stam and def enchants because money isn't really an issue. I use Seal of Corruption for tanking and I have it glyphed my other major glyph is HoR. My main question is what is a pallies tanking rotation if there is one? Should I be spamming judgment every time it refreshes along with HoR? I keep consecration constantly rolling but even with decent block,dodge,parry and a decent sides mana pool(5k) I'm having some mana issues (Judging Wisdom if it helps to know).

So if any experienced tanks out there could give me a few pointers I'd be very very appreciative.

Re: First time tank.

Quote Originally Posted by Xthform
    So I've been a rogue since close to the beginning of this game and done nothing but DPS for years. In TBC I decided to change it up and roll a healer (BE Priest) It was kinda fun for a bit but I still didn't find what I was looking for. So after my misadventures of DPS and healing I decided to give tanking a whirl with my brand new prot pally. Now I have to say that tanking is by far the most entertaining thing I've done in this game thus far but I have a few questions.

I'm lvl 70 atm mostly in quest greens and blues that were geared towards tanking enchants with varies stam and def enchants because money isn't really an issue. I use Seal of Corruption for tanking and I have it glyphed my other major glyph is HoR. My main question is what is a pallies tanking rotation if there is one? Should I be spamming judgment every time it refreshes along with HoR? I keep consecration constantly rolling but even with decent block,dodge,parry and a decent sides mana pool(5k) I'm having some mana issues (Judging Wisdom if it helps to know).

So if any experienced tanks out there could give me a few pointers I'd be very very appreciative.
    Rotation is 969; take the 8 and 9s CDs (1/2 imp. judge [2/2 provides no threat increase but is often filler to get deeper into ret], consec, HS) and alternate them with the shorter CDs (HotR, SotR). This doesn't become a full rotation until lev 75 when you get SotR; until then you can drop in exo/AS or just leave that GCD empty - this is the best single target threat/DPS rotation after you get SotR, although it's sometimes better to push other spells back to get consec down 100% of the time in AoE situations, as it's not permanently up with 969. You should be getting DP soon, that's good regen as it's always up; combine that with sanct and relatively large pulls and you're fine for mana generally. You'll want to swing through ZD while levelling for the mace and necklace from the quests.

http://maintankadin.failsafedesign.com/ is one of the main tankadin websites; that combined with EJ should point you in the right direction. You'll probably want to grab the DP glyph when you hit 80, with a spec like http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#sZE0xA0uMGsIufdxf0hb, with prot getting filled out before ret while levelling ofc.

Re: First time tank.

I would recommend reading the sticky in this section regarding protection paladins and also visiting Maintankadin. You will be able to find some good info there.