Page 1 of 3
LastLast

04/29 In-Game Hotfixes, Blue posts

Recent In-Game Fixes - 04/29
    Originally Posted by Bornakk (Blue Tracker)
    Keep in mind that some of these changes my require the realm to be restarted to take effect.

• Fixed an issue where Mimiron could randomly change targets while casting P3Wx2 Laser Barrage in phase 4. It is still possible for it to appear that he is turning quickly for an instant to shoot another direction, but this is just a visual bug that will be resolved in a future patch.
    • The Auriaya encounter has received the following changes: the damage of Strength of the Pack has been increased, the duration of Terrifying Screech has been reduced, the damage of Sonic Screech has been reduced, and the damage from Seeping Feral Essence has been reduced.
    Blue posts
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Argent Tournament Champion's Seals
    The current plan is to add more ways to get champion seals in future patch. How many? Even we aren't sure at this time. Yes, it takes a lot of seals to collect everything, but we are okay with that as players will prioritize what they want to get so not everybody will have everything in one month and players who want everything will be able to get it all... eventually. (Source)

Fishing - Monsterbelly Appetite daily quest
    Last time I did this I didn't hit any fishing node and it took me about 5 casts. Currently we are okay with the number of casts it takes to complete the Terrorfish fishing daily which tends to take me a lot longer, so the monsterbelly one is fine. The fishing daily requires fishing time.

[...] The character I do these on is maxed and gets no gray items and the fishing dailies are done fairly quickly - I think the longest any of them have taken (and I have done them every day) is like 25 casts and that was for the Terrorfish. I would say to keep working on leveling your fishing and it should get faster over time. (Source)

Ulduar Nerfs
    Daelo summed it up pretty well in his post on the Raid and Dungeon forum: "We want to allow additional players to experience more of the cool Ulduar content."

We want dungeons, including Ulduar, to be accessible for players. If everything is difficult then few players will experience the content that we have been working on for several months now. At the same time a lot of the hard modes have been increased in difficulty to give players something more challenging to work toward.

10-Man Ulduar Difficulty
    It was to provide another progression path for players who aren't interested in trying to find a bigger group to run with. A lot of players have just enough friends online to fit into a 10 player group and we didn't want to force the need to get another 15 players to see the raid content as we want it to be more accessible.

Yes, the 10 player raids are meant to be a bit easier, but they are still challenging and not meant to just be the easy mode that people close their eyes and walk through. (Source)

Re: 04/29 In-Game Hotfixes, Blue posts

They already told us the Auriaya nerfs were coming. And Mimiron is just a bug fix. But I'm sure it'll be big nerfs to the watchers in a week or two, then Vezax and YS shortly thereafter.

Easy mode lets you ignore a lot of the fight mechanics now. And hard mode is apparently designed for world top 50 guilds, with many of the fights requiring massive raid stacking.

WTB medium difficulty with mechanics you have to respect, reasonable raid composition flexibility, and genuine excitement when a boss goes down.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Nissl

WTB medium difficulty with mechanics you have to respect, reasonable raid composition flexibility, and genuine excitement when a boss goes down.
    Like in BT teron, souls, and mama..

Hard fights but could be done by any "good" guild just need to be good...Not raid stacked.

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by Nissl
    achievements?

There are plenty of them that aren't hard mode but take a coordinated group to accomplish. There's really an absolute TON of achievements in this set compared to Naxx, and that's what the people who think the normal modes are too easy but the hard modes are too hard should be going for.

And then in theory once your group has accomplished all of the achievements that aren't attached to a hard mode, your group should be more or less ready and able to start tackling the hard modes if you're not the kind of guild that just starts off on the hard stuff.

I personally think it's a good balance so far, although honestly the 10-man normal mode things are a bit too tough for a lot of groups because your margin for error is significantly less than in 25-man which I think may be a bit too easy.

"We want dungeons, including Ulduar, to be accessible for players. If everything is difficult then few players will experience the content that we have been working on for several months now. At the same time a lot of the hard modes have been increased in difficulty to give players something more challenging to work toward."

Ppl have l2p then if they want to be in Ulduar, they have to improve themself -.- .
    I dont want ppl in my Raid doing 1500dps ...

*patiently awaits for Bibi to fix the news*

It's amusing to see people bitch about nerfing ulduar and "making things too easy" when it's exactly those people who haven't even set foot in ulduar25, and barely killed anything in ulduar10.

By which I do not target the people who are killing things in ulduar and make the correct observation that the content is either too entry level or too hard but nothing in between. But those who can't even kill things in there shouldn't complain about ulduar getting easier, since it's because of them the content does get nerfed.

Wasn't it some blue stating something along the lines of "It's good that you won't have to do anything now that other guilds have cleared all content"?

Permabanned

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Porkrind

I personally think it's a good balance so far, although honestly the 10-man normal mode things are a bit too tough for a lot of groups because your margin for error is significantly less than in 25-man which I think may be a bit too easy.
    Balance? WTF are you talking about the balance its from it. I'm sorry but if you stand in Freya's sunbeam you SHOULD be insta-gibed on normal. Its seriously not hard to move 3 yards out of it.

If you don't heal the person in the Slag Bot they should die, and your healers should be ridiculed for being to stupid to read or configure GRID properly.

Quote Originally Posted by bile
    It's amusing to see people bitch about nerfing ulduar and "making things too easy" when it's exactly those people who haven't even set foot in ulduar25, and barely killed anything in ulduar10.

By which I do not target the people who are killing things in ulduar and make the correct observation that the content is either too entry level or too hard but nothing in between. But those who can't even kill things in there shouldn't complain about ulduar getting easier, since it's because of them the content does get nerfed.

Wasn't it some blue stating something along the lines of "It's good that you won't have to do anything now that other guilds have cleared all content"?

Personally my guild is what I would call a slightly above average guild and we got Yogg 25 with relatively little problems once we overcame the bugs in some of the events. And i think the Nerfs are why to soon and way to much.

If people want to "See the content" then run a 10 man group. The 25 mans are suppose to "offer more challenge and better loot". They should seriously wait till they FIX all the problematic BUGS that are making the fights difficult or imposable for lower guilds and give people a chance to LEARN the fights before they go hacking the legs off the bosses. Cutting health by 20-30% on some bosses is pretty sad when the content is only a few weeks old and all but few hard modes have been defeated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimlor
    Deleted half the thread and gave someone a well deserved ban.

Ladies and Gentlemen, this forum is NOT grammar school, this forum IS a gaming community. We ask everyone to post in their best-as-possible English.

We do NOT want to see people getting bashed for poor English writing skills. I read the OP's post and I understood him perfectly fine if I put some effort into it. If you are unwilling to put effort into reading a post, please don't put effort in writing your unwanted opinion about it's grammar/spelling/choice of words.

Quote Originally Posted by Sturmbringe
    Aye. Go now hug your carebear and cry her a river.

I won't really comment on Uld 10 as I am not interested in it, but I will comment on the Ulduar 25 changes. In so far as I am concerned they were all needed. My guild has been wiping at Auriya 25, or whatever the hell her name is, for two weeks now. We have been raiding every single day from 20:00 to 24:00 and we have managed to make no progress beyond Auriya. We have lost already three people who have been with the guild for a long time, namely a Warrior Tank (one of our OT's), a Priest (who said that she could not stand raiding every day of the week for 4 hours) and a DPS warrior (who said that he was off to find a more casual guild as he could not stand raiding every single day).

I'm sorry, but how is that possible? How can you be stuck on that boss for two weeks with 4 hours of raiding a day? You are doing something _very_ wrong in the encounter then. I play in a pretty casual guild (raids two times a week) and we got her down after 1 hour of trying the first reset and have the first 8 bosses on farm already.

With that much time spent you should have taken yogg a long time ago. If you just play for fun and not to down bosses that's ok of course, but then don't whine about the difficulty on the forums.

On-topic:
    Some of the fixes where called for and some of the nerfs where unneccesary, but I'm not that concerned that it will be complete easy-mode just yet. Time will show though.

Quote Originally Posted by jpmlol
    Care to say how far you've gotten in 10/25?
    Though I don't see how this is relevant since I don't bitch about ulduar being either too hard or too easy or becoming too easy, sure. Before last reset we cleared up to Thorim. 25 mans btw, I haven't set foot into 10 mans at all.

After yesterday's raid I can say the first bosses are really easy now.

I pity that because at the beginning it really felt like a achievement when we downed a Boss.

We had enormous lagg...5 seconds before a spell was casted, unless that we killed Ignis without a sweat.

XI-001, we really fucked it up big time at our first try, he got 2 times healed by a bot. And still we killed the crackhead.

and Kologarn...they nerfed him to be equal to a Naxx boss.

Pity Blizzard....pity...
    Lv. 80 Death Knight Orc - Ragnaros
    Lv. 80 Warrior Undead - Ragnaros

Come on people ..

Sure, the first few bosses are pretty easy now but isn't that what the first few bosses are for ?
    Go complain when you kill the last few bosses within 1 - 2 hours of trying.

And even then you can still do the achievements and hard modes.

-Mysterio

Nerfing ulduar for casual players , don't get it.. Why?

We cleared Ulduar 25 the first week and only the last 3 bosses really took effort and time. We thought mimirion was gonna be a guildstopper, but now the damage etc is nerfed (and some bugs which had to be fixed), but they nerfed the encounter aswell. Other bosses before mimirion took each 1-2hours max to crack it, and now they'r gonna make it even easier. The few loots you can gain with hardmodes won't make the biggest difference in the world, blizz just made hardmodes an excuse to give a easy 25men. Bit dissapointed, at start of ulduar first week it seemed it was gonna be a good dungeon with a challenge to entertain "lesser" guilds for weeks,even months. Think blizzard waited with the nerfs till you had some first world kills, imagine how fast Ensidia and other guilds would had cleared ulduar with these current nerfs...
    Glad i did everything pre-nerf, cause the bosses without engaging hardmode already feel the same as naxxramas. But yea just my 2-cents

If u don't believe me Armory run "Razzax Alius Orbis agamaggan EU ".. If that makes my opinion worth more

Quote Originally Posted by Psydos
    Good trolling, man.

It isn't anywhere near possible you dudes popped Twilight Vanquisher and are wiping on Auriaya for a shitload of hours over DAYS. When so, there is no justification rewarding your raid with further loots.
    sad but true!

the nerfs of the first ulduar bosses suck.. it's just the lagg what makes them a little bit difficult.
    by the way nobody needs to be a hardcore raider du succeed in ulduar 25 normal mode.. it just
    takes some time, not every raid instance should be cleared easy and fast like naxx. and when
    you're wiping for weeks on the first encounters then you should change the tactic or some players
    need to learn 2 play...

ps: the first bosses shouldn't be the hardest yeah but not to easy as well... and compared to
    the 1st bwl bosses a long time ago they were even pre-nerf pretty easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Razzax
    Nerfing ulduar for casual players , don't get it.. Why?

We cleared Ulduar 25 the first week and only the last 3 bosses really took effort and time.

If u don't believe me Armory run "Razzax Alius Orbis agamaggan EU ".. If that makes my opinion worth more
    Could you clear something up for me?

I'm assuming none of your guild played on the PTR. None of you read up any strategy guides that had taken other guilds weeks/months to sort out. You sat there and analysed combat logsand worked it all out for yourselves.

Wow you must be amazing to do all that. You must have been raiding 24/7.

Seriously gtfo with that type of bullshit statement. Even if you didn't play on the PTR, you absolutely must of used the boss guides around. Apparently within the WoW community these "cheat sheets" are acceptable. Then it also appears that after cheating, you can claim the content is too easy. Well done.

Come back to me and slap your dick on the table when you've killed Algalon.

In fact you can link your achievement in game biatch.

Isah, Agammaggan EU

PS: I'm personally enjoying UD25. We're progressing slowly. Raid twice a week, and, yes we use strategy guides, but I'm not trying to brag about how the I've cleared UD25 and how easy it was.

Quote Originally Posted by Glorn
    Blizzard is taking all the fun,they want Ulduar to be accessible for players,isn't it?Didn't they know that accessibility means that you need to work on boss,think about it don't just come and one shot it.This is NOT a fun.
    You don't get it do you. Lots of guilds at different levels of ability all trying to do the same content. Some are not 1-shotting the content. Others are. If you are 1-shotting the content, then try a hardmode. Blizz want anybody that can organise 10/25 people to be able to see Ulduar. If it's too easy for you, then they have given you the option of trying a hardmode. The best guilds in the world are still banging their heads against some of the hardmodes.

Unfortunally, I'm not part of the progression group from my guild, so I could only try Ulduar 25 once (two weeks ago now) with ppl who have the same "raid slot problem" as me + some alts from the "main raiding group" (and not exactly geared for Ulduar). We managed to one shot Flame Leviathan and killed Razorscale after a few wipes (4 or 5). Couldn't kill XT due to, what looked like, lack of DPS and ppl called for the night.

After that, did Ulduar 10 with my friends + 1 pug, using my alt (DK blood tank/dps, used the dps spec there) last week. Both my tank and dps gear are from Naxx10/Heroic/Blue Icecrown Quest (so one or two ilvl175+ and all the rest ilvl200, except for Death's Bite ilvl213). We managed to kill Flame Leviathan after 5 or 6 wipes (learning how to use everything from the diferent vehicles), got the Shutout achievement in the end, and one-shot Razorscale.

Ppl decided to skip Ignis because of the know bugs and went XT. We couldn't kill it. For me, raid problem not encounter dificult level. We had a feral druid using his healing spec (with worse healing gear than his feral one) for the entire raid, another healer disconnecting between razor and xt, a OT who went dps spec to help the dps, etc. and the pug wasn't that good when we needed him to do something else than facerolling the boss (both on vehicles on FL and helping with scrapbots on XT) so not a good geared raid for XT maybe.

Hope we can get ppl together today for another atempt in Ulduar 10, let's see how easy things got.

Quote Originally Posted by Glorn
    Blizzard is taking all the fun,they want Ulduar to be accessible for players,isn't it?Didn't they know that accessibility means that you need to work on boss,think about it don't just come and one shot it.This is NOT a fun.

Of course,I understand,no more SWP hundreds of wipes,but it's good when you wipe 10/20/30(depends on guild) times and you finally manage to kill the boss.This IS fun.
    I don't see why people think that wiping because of stupid stuff 20 or 30 times is fun. My life is stressful as it is, I come to the game to have fun and raid and get some loot. I don't raid to be frustrated as hell because someone can't move out of the fire/void zone/etc etc. I want to get in, bullshit on vent, maybe not one shot it- but I don't want to wipe 20 to 30 times either. This game should not be stressful, it is a game. And people who get too excited over "casuals" and nerfs are people who think that only the best of the best should be playing this game and don't think about the people who just want to get stuff done without a lot of grief.

Keep your hard modes, they are there for the people like you. Let everyone else have the easy modes.
    Personal site: http://fuh-q.com
    My Kitteh's personal site: http://kitteh.in