Thread: penance nerf

Deleted

penance nerf

Ok, I wrote in another thread, about the rogue/priest team and I said that rogues are the ones being op but nerfbat will hit priests. And what do we see in the recent blues? Yes, nothing done with the rogues and nerfbat hitting the priests. I loved the glyph of penance before but now I'm considering the smite glyph instead.
    I don't know why they are doing this. Was the lowered cooldown on penance glyph really that op?

(yes, I know, I need waffels)

Re: penance nerf

Personally I like the change, 5% crit to penance, compaired to 2 sec's off cd. Just means one more flash heal before penance. With a higher chance to proc and ageis.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Mortal-Sin
    Personally I like the change, 5% crit to penance, compaired to 2 sec's off cd. Just means one more flash heal before penance. With a higher chance to proc and ageis.
    You are a raider, or?

This change will do Nothing to change the rogue/priest synergy. They'll still be popular , only difference is priest survivability being lowered in duels

15+ Year Old Account

That change sucks both for pve and pvp.

It really seems when priests have something "nice" it immediately gets nerfed or even hotfixed. Yet Paladins and DKs and Hunters were raping everyone for a whole season. And rogues did fine in every season.

Why the hell didn't they nerf on the rogue part. Of course this is a pvp nerf which also effects pve. WTF.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

3.1 hits:

Hooray Disco has its own unique playstyle with shields and penance and mana conservation nearly as good as holy paladins! Rapture got nerfed, but we all knew it was OP, so therefore, we are sitting in a good spot. Can't wait to try all the new tricks out in Ulduar!!!

3.1.1 & 3.1.2:

Due to the fact that we never f'ing look at Priests and balance during the PTR, and only change things when some other class QQs:

PW:S: I'm sorry, but this class defining spell for you is just too *usable*. Therefore, were going to have to make it 15% more expensive, even though it can only be casted every 15sec on any given target.

Divine Hymn: Woah!!!! There is absolutely no way we could have taken the 5min to calculate how much this would heal for!!! We just took random coefficients and threw them together. Now that Druids have QQ'd that DH competes with Tranq., we must nerf this asap.

Glyph of Penance: Hold on a minute there chief!!! It wasn't our intention for you to actually USE penance whenever it comes off CD. This extra 1.4 seconds is FAR too OP. Have 5% crit instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Tea
    Ok, I wrote in another thread, about the rogue/priest team and I said that rogues are the ones being op but nerfbat will hit priests. And what do we see in the recent blues? Yes, nothing done with the rogues and nerfbat hitting the priests. I loved the glyph of penance before but now I'm considering the smite glyph instead.
    I don't know why they are doing this. Was the lowered cooldown on penance glyph really that op?

(yes, I know, I need waffels)
    Go back and take a look at the 3.1 patch notes and compare "who got what".

You'll see that the vast majority of rogue changes in 3.1 are PvE only. In fact, the only changes mentioned are a change to the way wound poison works giving slightly more poison damage and an increase in the weapon speed on deadly throw (lol?).

In essence, asside from some minor tweaking, rogues have remained much the same as in 3.0.

Contrast this with the veritable wall of text detailing priest changes and you'll see who it was that got the majority of buffs here.

How you can look at this and arrive at the conclusion that rogues were the ones needing the nerf is beyond me. Selfish? Blinkered? or just stupid?

Blizzard made mistakes in the 3.1 buffing of priests and they have had to quickly go back on them to try and avoid another "season 5" of face-rolling.

....and yes I do play rogue.....and as it happens priest at 80.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiritusVex
    3.1 hits:

Hooray Disco has its own unique playstyle with shields and penance and mana conservation nearly as good as holy paladins! Rapture got nerfed, but we all knew it was OP, so therefore, we are sitting in a good spot. Can't wait to try all the new tricks out in Ulduar!!!

3.1.1 & 3.1.2:

Due to the fact that we never f'ing look at Priests and balance during the PTR, and only change things when some other class QQs:

PW:S: I'm sorry, but this class defining spell for you is just too *usable*. Therefore, were going to have to make it 15% more expensive, even though it can only be casted every 15sec on any given target.

Divine Hymn: Woah!!!! There is absolutely no way we could have taken the 5min to calculate how much this would heal for!!! We just took random coefficients and threw them together. Now that Druids have QQ'd that DH competes with Tranq., we must nerf this asap.

Glyph of Penance: Hold on a minute there chief!!! It wasn't our intention for you to actually USE penance whenever it comes off CD. This extra 1.4 seconds is FAR too OP. Have 5% crit instead.
    You forgot this one:
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Rogues
    Reflective shields and fast attacking classes
    Reflective shields being so much stronger versus fast-attacking targets is something we would like to address. It's fine that it's a good defense against them generally speaking, but it has become a little too extreme where you can blow yourself up against something that was designed to be more of a small bonus, not a hard counter.

We're not sure a ppm (proc per minute) implementation is the right way to go in this case, because that might be too generous to the fast attackers, making it too easy for them to just disregard the fact that there is a shield. But there is probably something in between we could come up with.

Please don't respond with "I CANT BELIEVES THEY'RE BUFFING ROGUES." It's still a problem, even if it affects a class that is currently doing quite well in PvP.
    So now they want Disc to just fall over dead in PvP? It's really the ONLY thing we have anymore. And that's after it became self only.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Another nerf for priest/rogue:
    * Blind (Rogue) is now in the same diminishing returns category as Fear effects, but no longer shares diminishing returns with Cyclone (Druid).
    And priests are getting nerfed even further...
    * Mana Burn has been reduced to 10% mana burned (up to a maximum of 20% of the Priests mana), down from 13% (max 26%).
    * Mana Burn now causes Fear, Hex and Psychic Scream to break early when used.

I HATE blizz for that >.<

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti
    So now they want Disc to just fall over dead in PvP? It's really the ONLY thing we have anymore. And that's after it became self only.
    Actually it is a nerf to all spells that do damage when you hit them, apparently. Because those poor little rogues might hurt themselves while they stunlock a player down, leaving them completely unable to defend themselves. Those poor, poor rogues.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

The small chance Priests had with classes that aren't Rogues is pretty much gone now.

I tried 2v2 with a Warrior. I have 24k health and over 1000 resilience. With a partially PvE geared Rogue sitting on me, and not even bothering to kick my casts, I was permanently hovering between 1000 and 6000 health. My Warrior was disarming, fearing, and stunning the Rogue as much as possible.
    I was only able to survive because of the reduced Penance cooldown.

Now I'm forced into PvPing with a Rogue, because no other class can keep me alive! Yay!

it's only a 1.6 second nerf, we can live with this. for all we know it could be worse. blizz is rather sensitive with priests so you know good things won't last for long.

GM/Raid Leader of <Air>, Sargeras-US, Alliance
    13/13M Mythic Morning/Day-Time Raiding Guild

Now recruiting for Legion! Apply at air-guild.com

You know Druids will get OP and they'll nerf them. After that Shamans will be out of control and they'l nerf them. Shamans and druids say Pallys are OP they nerf them. Then Priests are OP again. Just wait it out.

change deleted:

We're going to remove the Pennance glyph change from patch 3.1.2. We feel that particular change shouldn't be necessary anymore.
    source: http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...03630259&sid=1

GM/Raid Leader of <Air>, Sargeras-US, Alliance
    13/13M Mythic Morning/Day-Time Raiding Guild

Now recruiting for Legion! Apply at air-guild.com

Hell yeah
    thx blizz

Quote Originally Posted by Xel
    change deleted:

We're going to remove the Pennance glyph change from patch 3.1.2. We feel that particular change shouldn't be necessary anymore.
    source: http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...03630259&sid=1
    Hells yea, thats good news!

Oh yesssss...now if they would only say the same thing about Divine Hymn, or at least knock the CD down to 6 min now.

EX - <PIE CHART> US TOP 10 Check 'em out http://piechart-guild.com/

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti
    You forgot this one:

Rogues
    Reflective shields and fast attacking classes
    Reflective shields being so much stronger versus fast-attacking targets is something we would like to address. It's fine that it's a good defense against them generally speaking, but it has become a little too extreme where you can blow yourself up against something that was designed to be more of a small bonus, not a hard counter.

We're not sure a ppm (proc per minute) implementation is the right way to go in this case, because that might be too generous to the fast attackers, making it too easy for them to just disregard the fact that there is a shield. But there is probably something in between we could come up with.

Please don't respond with "I CANT BELIEVES THEY'RE BUFFING ROGUES." It's still a problem, even if it affects a class that is currently doing quite well in PvP.
    u do know that priests reflective shields is equal against fast or slow attacks. its dmg done, not when they attack.

They were talking about reflected damage like thorns, that hits you for the same damage every time you hit them, so does more damage when you hit faster.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Quote Originally Posted by arcticfox
    You know Druids will get OP and they'll nerf them. After that Shamans will be out of control and they'l nerf them. Shamans and druids say Pallys are OP they nerf them. Then Priests are OP again. Just wait it out.
    shamans and druids are practicly brothers 8)

Edit: the kray twins