Page 14 of 45 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Re: Feral Druids - the Bear guide

I was wondering if I could get some feedback on my bear - http://armory.wow-europe.com/charact...light&n=Nrross

His gear isn't the best and I am missing proper head and shoulder enchants, I suppose what I want to know is do you guys think this is ok for heroics and naxx10?

With pink paw I have 32k HP, 26K armour and about 34% dodge. I generally tank heroics pretty well and last night I ended up main tanking naxx10, I was only supposed to be the OT but no one wanted to lead the thing so I grabbed the bull by the horns and went for it, cleared spider wing and even managed the achi on the second boss in there, we didn't mean to and it was purely accidental. As this was the first time I had tanked naxx, I wasn't fully aware of the precise tacts for the boss fights and it was this ignorance that led to us doing the achi. I must admit, I was proud with myself. Went on to OT Patchwerk and Grobbulus before losing my internet before Gluth :@. We only had one wipe on Grob, but we wiped just as he died so it wasn't a problem.

However whenever I sign up for heroics, and people see my HP they were generally less than impressed. Most of my epics are crafted and since totc doesn't drop leather tank gear bears haven't been able to gear up as easily as other tanks.

So I often find myself neglecting to do heroics and raids, maybe I am overly sensitive to criticisms of my bear, and last nights naxx10 proved alot to myself, so basically what I am asking is should I have elss fear in doing heroics and naxx10?
    Signature not acceptable (e.g. too awesome), read http://www.mmo-champion.com/general-discussions-22/important-signatures/ - Regards, Olison

Quote Originally Posted by nrross
    However whenever I sign up for heroics, and people see my HP they were generally less than impressed. Most of my epics are crafted and since totc doesn't drop leather tank gear bears haven't been able to gear up as easily as other tanks.
    For some reason, a lot of players think all tanks should be geared up the ass. Maybe it's a mindset from back in the day when tanks got geared up before everyone else so any tank had better gear than your average player.

The fact that you've done heroics means you're okay to tank heroics. Keep doing heroics and get every item you can from badges. Conquest and Valor items are superior to heroic and 10 man naxx gear.

Don't get mongoose for a blue weapon, it's much too expensive for an item you should be able to replace quickly.

Drop 2 points from Furor and put them somewhere else... Anywhere else.

Most of your enchants are cheap. Although I said don't get Mongoose on a cheap staff, putting 40 stam on bracers, 20 agility on hands, 22 agility on your cloak, and maybe even a real leg enchant should still be done. The shoulder and helm enchants are lacking as well.

Pick up a new helm ASAP so you can get your Meta. T8.5 will do nicely :P

Don't use uncommon gems... it's just silly. Rare gems are cheap enough and you can get epic gems with badges.

With the exception of your boots (I despise polar gear as it's just a bunch of stamina), All your gear is absolutely fine to tank heroics. You should really work on your gemming and enchanting, however, if you plan to progress into the game.

15+ Year Old Account

Should we start another thread for 'bear advice' to keep this one clear for general short Q&A? I feel like there's a need for a place to ask for advice, but I also think this is not the place.

Quote Originally Posted by getefix
    For some reason, a lot of players think all tanks should be geared up the ass. Maybe it's a mindset from back in the day when tanks got geared up before everyone else so any tank had better gear than your average player.

The fact that you've done heroics means you're okay to tank heroics. Keep doing heroics and get every item you can from badges. Conquest and Valor items are superior to heroic and 10 man naxx gear.

Don't get mongoose for a blue weapon, it's much too expensive for an item you should be able to replace quickly.

Drop 2 points from Furor and put them somewhere else... Anywhere else.

Most of your enchants are cheap. Although I said don't get Mongoose on a cheap staff, putting 40 stam on bracers, 20 agility on hands, 22 agility on your cloak, and maybe even a real leg enchant should still be done. The shoulder and helm enchants are lacking as well.

Pick up a new helm ASAP so you can get your Meta. T8.5 will do nicely :P

Don't use uncommon gems... it's just silly. Rare gems are cheap enough and you can get epic gems with badges.

With the exception of your boots (I despise polar gear as it's just a bunch of stamina), All your gear is absolutely fine to tank heroics. You should really work on your gemming and enchanting, however, if you plan to progress into the game.
    Mongoose costs me nothing, I am an enchanter, a quick run through some TBC instances and Kara is all it takes.

Yea, I don't usually use uncommon gems, I must have used them at a time when UI didn't have enough money for proper ones.
    Signature not acceptable (e.g. too awesome), read http://www.mmo-champion.com/general-discussions-22/important-signatures/ - Regards, Olison

Hmmm new Rawr shows to me that resilience > all...rawr gives too much mitigation value to it
    ehm, WTF? in patch notes there is stated, that resilience reduces only dmg from PLAYERS by a percentage...so can it be that rawr is wrong? or am i wrong?
    thanks for answer

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Rikkuu
    Hmmm new Rawr shows to me that resilience > all...rawr gives too much mitigation value to it
    ehm, WTF? in patch notes there is stated, that resilience reduces only dmg from PLAYERS by a percentage...so can it be that rawr is wrong? or am i wrong?
    thanks for answer
    Do you have talents set? If you're missing SotF, it sees you as uncrittable, and it's trying to remedy that.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine
    Do you have talents set? If you're missing SotF, it sees you as uncrittable, and it's trying to remedy that.
    youre right...i did equipment first then the talents....now it makes sense...thx

Hi, some of them told me I should Socketing as a druid tank still Agility .......
    What I personally consider to be the largest garbage that exists ...... since 20agi = 0.21% dodge
    I support a full stamina socket.
    Would like quick-witted opinions and arguments why this is "yes" why "no" ...

Thanks in advance. (my english is not the best ^^)

At a certain gear, of course, like with my druid = http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...yndikat&n=Slam

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodwalker
    Would like quick-witted opinions and arguments why this is "yes" why "no" ...
    Because you have a choice between 0.21% chance that you won't be hit by a 20k hit vs enough stam to take 450 hp of that hit.

At some point you have "enough" hp -- if you had 70k hp already and an open gem slot, would you still gem stam? What if you had 50k? What about 45k? That's the hard choice. If you never go below 20k hp during a fight, then you've got too much stam, and you could be dodging a lot more hits, for less damage taken overall.

15+ Year Old Account

At some point you have "enough" hp -- if you had 70k hp already and an open gem slot, would you still gem stam? What if you had 50k? What about 45k? That's the hard choice. If you never go below 20k hp during a fight, then you've got too much stam, and you could be dodging a lot more hits, for less damage taken overall.
    Couldn't have said it better
    Quote Originally Posted by Qieth
    I don't do math, blind assumptions work so much better for me.

Because you have a choice between 0.21% chance that you won't be hit by a 20k hit vs enough stam to take 450 hp of that hit.

Thank you. =) That was good times help.

Anyone else tanking heroic 25man?
    I have a LOT of gear i juggle around, am tending more towards stam stacking a 55k buffed HP pool(without gimping to polar), curious what others are using. Our healers are having problems keeping tanks up, we dont have paladin healers most the time.
    Also am considering going more the other way, one of my deaths got parry haste insta gibed by gormok early, considering going heavy expertise. Not sure how much the trade off is worth vs the chance of it happening.

Quote Originally Posted by axxey
    Anyone else tanking heroic 25man?
    I have a LOT of gear i juggle around, am tending more towards stam stacking a 55k buffed HP pool(without gimping to polar), curious what others are using. Our healers are having problems keeping tanks up, we dont have paladin healers most the time.
    Also am considering going more the other way, one of my deaths got parry haste insta gibed by gormok early, considering going heavy expertise. Not sure how much the trade off is worth vs the chance of it happening.
    thats me :
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...Blade&n=Rikkuu
    killed beasts and jaraxxus this save

and thats world 1st feral druid:
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...+Blade&n=Sejta
    killed everything this save )

but the worse problem i see you dont have healer paladins
    we had 2 of them... 2 beacons ftw...we did 2 tanks tactics and you practically dont have to heal the tank with dots, cause beacon takes care of it and you can focus on healing current MT

just for ilustration, i had 58k hp and 50% avoidance according to wowmeter, our war had 50,7k hp and around 55% avoid, but the impale attack and dots cannot be avoided ofc

Quote Originally Posted by Rikkuu
    Not exactly true, he's just the Feral that got world first on Anub.

Many guilds use stam stacking ferals for progression fights. On fights with very hard hitting bosses and undergeared tanks (yes, we're all undergeared for 25 man heroic because we're not all deck out in normal 25 ToC) it's the easiest way to keep them alive the longest.

Getting insta-gibbed is not a reason to gem expertise. Parry only increase swing speed by 40% for the next attack and with a decent amount of expertise (I have ~40) there's a very small chance of that happening. Keep looking for items with expertise on them but gemming and enchanting for it is a waste of better stats.

I was wondering about King of the Jungle, and Feral Tank.

I am planing to change my talent to with King of the Jungle

This is my druid, Auroro.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Auroro
    I was wondering about King of the Jungle, and Feral Tank.

I am planing to change my talent to with King of the Jungle

This is my druid, Auroro.
    Some people swear by it, some don't like it, some have just a few points in it (I personally don't have MSS, so I have my 'extra' two points there). Remember while you're enraged, you're down some armor. Barkskin can counter this, but on some fights you need all the mitigation you can possibly get.

In that build, you're missing infected wounds. Can you guarantee that debuff will be put up by someone else on every boss you tank? I'd also personally hate to be without feral charge... it's just so useful in some cases, either for interrupting a spell casting boss like Stormcaller Brundir (run away and charge in) or for quickly getting back in melee range after a knockback, or for moving to the next target more quickly. In my mind, KotJ isn't worth sacrificing either of those.

Deleted

I love this thread, Since my druid just dinged 80, and I wanted to tank.
    This guide made it ALOT easier, and it explained a few points that I had missed, or didnt know.

Great, that some people take the time to put this stuff together.
    +rep ;D

I've managed to secure a few item upgrades, just needing a new chest really. Sorted out my enchants, and have gotten better quality gems in place now - http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...light&n=Nrross

I was wondering, how long before I could start tanking Ulduar10? With pink paw I have 36.5k HP, 27k Armour, 36.68% dodge, 26 exp, 8% hit, 5k AP and around 30% crit. With buffs my HP goes well over the 40k mark. Obviously I wouldn't dream of it until I have gotten a new chest, be.imba reckons I could make a start in Ulduar 10 but I have no idea how reliable a site that is. Was hoping to get some opinions from you guys.

I've managed to secure a few item upgrades, just needing a new chest really. Sorted out my enchants, and have gotten better quality gems in place now - http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...light&n=Nrross

I was wondering, how long before I could start tanking Ulduar10? With pink paw I have 36.5k HP, 27k Armour, 36.68% dodge, 26 exp, 8% hit, 5k AP and around 30% crit. With buffs my HP goes well over the 40k mark. Obviously I wouldn't dream of it until I have gotten a new chest, be.imba reckons I could make a start in Ulduar 10 but I have no idea how reliable a site that is. Was hoping to get some opinions from you guys.
    IMO replace your chest with T8.5 from badges and boots with... well... anything and you should be fine to tank reg 10 man. In fact... you can probably tank 10 man ToC.

15+ Year Old Account

Get rid of the blue chest just so they don't bother you when inviting. As for the rest (even tho Getefix is right on the boots), you can go Uld10 easily. TotC10 too, already tbh.

A decent upgrade for boots are the Titanforged ones from WG. Pretty easy to get.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qieth
    I don't do math, blind assumptions work so much better for me.