Page 41 of 45 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Re: Feral Druids - the Bear guide

Quote Originally Posted by Arel
    There should still be that quote on my OP here.
    D'oh, I see that now. Thanks. Good to know.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Marloss
    I have some problems deciding whether to wield [Keystone Great-Ring] or [Band of Stained Souls], so I wanted to hear your opinions about what you would do.
    Keystone is generally better for tanking. Regarding the specific comparison, the extra armor you get form the Keysonte easily outweighs the extra dodge you get from having all that agility.

That's as deep as I can go without an armory link, since the specific stat values depend entirely on your current gear.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qieth
    I don't do math, blind assumptions work so much better for me.

I think 49dodge should be pretty close to 67 agi

Quote Originally Posted by bavarcarus
    I think 49dodge should be pretty close to 67 agi
    The agility gives armor. Armor > Dodge.

2 armor per dodge if wowwiki is right. So 134 armor & 1.4% dodge for the dps ring (preDR), 1.08 dodge 490 armor & a bit more stm for the tank ring. I'm not sure what I'd go for there...doin heroics for emblems I'd take the dps ring for a bit of threat I think.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Hendrixstorm
    The agility gives armor. Armor > Dodge.
    Let's not mix up things.

Once taken into account all the proper modifiers, Keystone gives you 330 armor and 13 stamina more than the other ring, at the cost 0,58% dodge (this last, pre-DR).

The question is: is it worth to lose that dodge for that armor gain?
    The effective values depend ENTIRELY on your gear. As a rule of thumb tho, I'd take the armor.

I could use some advice on what to upgrade next. I'm a bit stuck.

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...erg+Did+Guilds

I've got some other leather drops, but my expertise and hit is dropping so I can't wear them yet. Thats also why I haven't bought any runetotem stuff yet.

Next Gear upgrades would be appreciated that are non raid yet. Also, are there any good weapon upgrades that are bear tanking weapons?

Would Putting 30stam gem in Orca-Hunter's Harpoon be better than what i currently have?

Comments welcome.

Cheers
    WC

15+ Year Old Account

Generally speaking, you can refer to the list I put on the OP.

It makes you hit-capped and with a good chunk of expertise. I used a gemming set composed of Shifting Dreadstones and a couple of Vivid Eyes of Zul when the bonus was worth it. Chosen as to be the best overall performing gems when you're not going into ICC25 or peculiar hard modes that require a shitload of health.

Refer to THIS PROFILE to see the exact result.

Now, going into your specific case.
    I suggest you pick up the Runetome head, even if you have the 245 Triumph one. Runetotem has better tanking stats. I suggest Glyph of Indomitability as your second trinket. The armor on it is just priceless at that level, much more than any other stamina trinket you grab before 251+ loot.
    Another chance would be the Onyxia 245/232 Stormrage head. It has both Hit and Expertise.

An easy shot is Belt of the Twilight Assassin from the Conquest emblems giving you both hit and expertise. At that point you could switch your legs to the Runetotem ones.
    The Conquest idol is your best pick for tanking. Get that, and it won't even mess your stats.

Your best bets for weapons are the Orca Hunter (so, yes), or, if you can afford it, Lightborn Spire. I know the Battered Hilt costs quite some gold on certain realms, but it's *by far* your best tanking weapon before 264.
    Thunderstrike (Shadowstrike) from Onyxia is another excellent pick.

No they're not.

We will, actually, be the only exception to the "normal rules". It's true AP will go away and we'll derive it form Agility at a rate of 2 per point, but since we have the problem you mentioned with tank jewelry, it has been mentioned that they'll allow us to double-dip into Strength for AP as well, since it's only something regarding tank itemization and not the whole class balancing.

There should still be that quote on my OP here.
    I was under the impression that all melee classes got AP from both Agi and Str. Or at least that's how I swear it was in Vanilla with my rogue. There were were the +STR leather boots that dropped in BWL that still gave me AP off the STR. Going to have to check it and see.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Bob002
    I was under the impression that all melee classes got AP from both Agi and Str. Or at least that's how I swear it was in Vanilla with my rogue. There were were the +STR leather boots that dropped in BWL that still gave me AP off the STR. Going to have to check it and see.
    Don't confuse things. I was referring to Cataclysm.

As things are now:

- warriors, paladins, DKs, gain 2AP per point of strength, and zero from agility
    - rogues gain 1AP per point of both strength and agility
    - druids gain 2AP per point from strength, and one from agility

All of this before talents, of course.

Coming Cataclysm, aka 4.0, AP as a stat on gear will vanish completely.

- plate users will gain 2AP:1str, and nothing form agility (as it is now)
    - rogues and Cats will gain 2AP:agi instead of one, but nothing from strength
    - bears, which so far will be the only exception, will also gain 2AP:str, to keep the normal tank jewelry interesting for us

The same treatment will be offered to mail users. Hunters and Enh shamans will gain 2AP per point of agility, and nothing from strength.
    It's been done to completely separate the armor classes, especially to avoid plate users wearing leather. We also get changed, as strength will become useless for kittens. But from GC word we know that at Bears will dip into both, for purely itemization purposes.

well...fixt

Don't confuse things. I was referring to Cataclysm.

As things are now:

- Bears, warriors, paladins, DKs, gain 2AP per point of strength, and zero from agility
    - rogues gain 1AP per point of both strength and agility
    - Cats gain 2AP per point from strength, and one from agility

All of this before talents, of course.

15+ Year Old Account

D'oh.

Right :P

Imp LOTP, Kotj, Bash

I have 1 unspent point, and Am also debating whether to put points in imp lotp.

I have 4pc t10, so i figure a threat boost from Enrage would be a nice boost. I dont need help with threat during most points of most fights, but there are times during some fights where it might be a help.

Armory in link.

Rotation
    Mangle, Lacerate, Swipe, Swipe, Faerie Fire
    /cast Maul

(FF usually being cast first)

My current 10 man raid comp is
    1. Feral Tank (me)
    2. Affliction lock
    3. Demo Lock
    4. Prot paladin
    5. Resto Druid
    6. Balance Druid
    7. Hunter
    8. Disc Priest.
    9. Enhance Shaman
    10. Ret Paladin

I guess my question is, Does any other class/spec offer the same buff as imp lotp that does NOT stack with imp lotp (jol is similiar but stacks?)

I also like imp bash for some fights, but i guess it isnt necessary.

Deleted

ilotp is a rly nice raidbuff, and definitely something to go for as tank.
    pretty much gives all melee and tanks a few % extra effective hp

10+ Year Old Account

Right, i need a little help with my Off-spec, Feral Tanking...
    I just picked up my second Tier 10 item, which is the Shoulders and i allready had the Head. Both of these were upgrades from what i had before, but next i either have to change my Chest, Gloves or Legs.
    As you can see, they're all downgrades from 264 to 251, and i cannot upgrade them to Sanctified, since i still need more for my main-spec, and everyone else in my guild needs them too for their main-spec.
    There is ofc VoA, but the chance for either the Legs or the Gloves to drop is so slim, so you can't count on it.
    Which 2 would be the best to change with the Tier 10 items? Or even, is it even worth changeing them into Tier 10?
    Then he fapped to his own pseudo-intellectualism and no one ever loved him. Ever.

The End

15+ Year Old Account

One thing's sure: do not change the chest. You'll want the Sack of Wonder, hands down, which is Best in Slot.

As for the rest, how often are you tanking? In what situations?
    If you're a regular ICC tank, then you'd probably like the 4t10 set bonus. If you're not, then you can safely keep your legs and gloves.

10+ Year Old Account

I sometimes tank ICC 10 when we don't have enough Sign-ups, other then that i use it for Weekly, Pugs and Heroics.

I also forgot to mention i won the Tier 10 Legs from a VoA 10-Man pug, but replaced them with the Legs i currently have... they were just laying in my Bank and i forgot all about them.

You'll want the Sack of Wonder, hands down, which is Best in Slot.
    Allready trying to get it, but since its my off-spec, i'm the lowest on the list to get it.
    Then he fapped to his own pseudo-intellectualism and no one ever loved him. Ever.

The End

Just want to add in, there are rare exceptions to immunity to Infected Wounds. Viscidus, for example, is immune to diseases (even Death Knight frost fever, bring mages!)

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Frostwolf&cn=Lost%C3%BF

15+ Year Old Account

Nothing in actual endgame is immune to IW, that's all that matters. If you're gonna go for Viscidus, then the problem doesn't pose itself :P

Quote Originally Posted by Garnik
    I also forgot to mention i won the Tier 10 Legs from a VoA 10-Man pug, but replaced them with the Legs i currently have... they were just laying in my Bank and i forgot all about them.
    The go for the 4T10 set bonus, given you're closer. If you also tank ICC, you'd like that a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Garnik
    Allready trying to get it, but since its my off-spec, i'm the lowest on the list to get it.
    If you want to speed it up, buy it form AH ^^

http://wow-heroes.com/index.php?zone...g%C3%AFesmalls

Ok, I have no idea were to go from here. I never have any problems with threat AoE so I think my 2pct10 is slightly useless.. I know the 4pc is BiS but I haven't even gotten a mark yet :P So for now I think the pieces I have now are a higher survivability.
    I have 60 badges right now, and this next week I think I will get like 20 this next week or more. So, what should I go for?

I think the trinket replacing Black Heart would help a lot on most of the ICC fights, as I would still carry Black Heart with me in my bags. Saving up for the chest piece would give me instant 2nd from the top for BiS since the Vendor chest piece is itemized great. Well, I am stuck in a dilemma. and btw, I'm gonna be upgrading my ring and neck soon :P So I hope to god Bile or Scratching choker(H) will drop.. Or something :P idk.