Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Shadow under extinction in PvP

So, discipline priests got nerfed. And I ask you, why, oh why do shadow priests have to suffer for it? I don't mean the mana burn nor the shield crap. I mean this:

"Rogue
    * Blind (Rogue) is now in the same diminishing returns category as Fear effects, but no longer shares diminishing returns with Cyclone (Druid)."

Hello?...this is the only tactic a rogue and a shadow priest can beat most of the setups with. In other words, the only way to beat most setups is timing the CCs right. Shadow priests have suffered enough in season 5 with their low survivability and nearly to nonexistent arena participation, why is Blizzard doing this for crying out loud?

And let's face it, the best setup for a 2v2, in regards to a shadow priest, is a rogue. Why do they take they best synergy between those two classes away? Sure, discipline priests have been dominating the 2v2 highest ratings in the past week, but WHY do I, as a dedicated shadow, have to pay for their OPness?! I was craving some survivability throughout an entire season, I managed to reach almost 1900 rating in S5 and it sure wasn't fun. I only met 7 shadows in over 1,7k rated arena matches and only 3 so far in this season.

I'm sick and tired of being nerfed due to discipline priests, this just isn't fair. Blizzard should learn to distinguish the specs better. I don't wish do be a healer, thus I never spec'ed disc or holy, although I've been a priest since the very first day WoW was released.

Just stop nerfing the entire class due to a single tree supremacy. No, I won't spec disc, out of the question. I hate healing, unless I really have to, like in a 2v2 match to protect my rogue.

If Blizz is really trying to wipe out shadow as a PvP spec, they're doing a great job. Too bad many will refuse to keep playing a totally underpowered spec or being violently forced to respec a different tree. I'd rather quit the damn game before I spec a tree that doesn't apply to my personal preference.

Just stop nerfing the entire class. The dispersion buff was awesome as well as the psychic horror one. Why screwing it up by nerfing the only setup a shadow priest can survive in in 2v2?

15+ Year Old Account

Re: Shadow under extinction in PvP

We used to get nerfed because of locks...and by used to, I mean still do. Now we get nerfed because disc is too good with a rogue.

We may as well just get used to it. Rogue druid will make a huge comeback.

maybe shadow is under extinction in pvp because ppl who lvl priest like to heal?!
    har

Quote Originally Posted by Boberto
    maybe shadow is under extinction in pvp because ppl who lvl priest like to heal?!
    har
    Then having a PvP set available is more or less a joke, yes? :P

And in a masterful double-shot, Blizzard also make Shadow much worse for PVP with the best team member in 2v2, rogues.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

In my opinion I can agree but disagree. Shadow Priests are still very viable just cannot excel as well as disc priests. I've seen Spriests kill rogues in duels (as engineers). A lot of people that play the shadow pvp spec into the shadow power talent. Which is a huge mistake. You won't get a lot of time alone to cast mind blast let alone get many crits from it. Being that Mind Flay is your most reliable form of damage. Specing into the DoTs is much more efficient.

However the survivability just dumb. Having a 15 second get out of impairment free card sounds nice and Dispersion is a really big help, but unless you overload resilience you won't live long.

I see what you mean man. I wish I could find more Spriests in arena. I'm so incredibly sick of fucking facing Plate/Plate teams. It's the most obnoxious thing doing rogue/discpriest and facing Hpally/MSwarr, Hpally/retpally, etc etc.

[color=navy]Yeah doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me. Then again, I suppose dual spec was made for a reason. That reason is of course allowing X spec to do poorly and argue Y spec is doing well, therefor, you should be Y spec. :P

PS: I blame holy paladins. While I as of yet do not have a reason to blame them for shadow's poor pvp standing, I will surely look into it and configure an illogical argument as to why it is indeed holy paladins that are to blame.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lightning's+Blade&n=Hohenhe%C3%ADm
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lightning's+Blade&n=Caim
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottK15
    skill>penis/vag

Blizz seem to have serious problems making more than one spec per class PvP viable - without nerfing PvE for any specs. I think priests give them particular problems because so many of their most powerful abilities in pvp are core, not talented.

The only real solution is to provide shadow some additional pvp buffs, but I wouldn't hold your breath.

It's unfortunate, but Blizzard has their hands more than full trying to balance everything in both PvP and PvE. Having a spec just not be viable (or as viable) in PvP is far from a recent problem, I went Resto back in S3 on my druid because it was lolwin and Feral wasn't (unless played very well with a good rogue).

Quote Originally Posted by Aterrorist
    In my opinion I can agree but disagree. Shadow Priests are still very viable just cannot excel as well as disc priests. I've seen Spriests kill rogues in duels (as engineers). A lot of people that play the shadow pvp spec into the shadow power talent. Which is a huge mistake. You won't get a lot of time alone to cast mind blast let alone get many crits from it. Being that Mind Flay is your most reliable form of damage. Specing into the DoTs is much more efficient.

However the survivability just dumb. Having a 15 second get out of impairment free card sounds nice and Dispersion is a really big help, but unless you overload resilience you won't live long.

I see what you mean man. I wish I could find more Spriests in arena. I'm so incredibly sick of fucking facing Plate/Plate teams. It's the most obnoxious thing doing rogue/discpriest and facing Hpally/MSwarr, Hpally/retpally, etc etc.
    I was actually pretty happy with shadow for the past week, both damage and survivability wise. My rogue and I didn't do OMGAWSUM in 2v2 but it was -a lot- better than in season 5. Blizzard of course has to ruin the synergy between rogue spriest. There goes that.

Quote Originally Posted by Horn
    [color=navy]
    PS: I blame holy paladins. While I as of yet do not have a reason to blame them for shadow's poor pvp standing, I will surely look into it and configure an illogical argument as to why it is indeed holy paladins that are to blame.
    FACTS

It's also amusing to see how Blizzard buffs cyclone-blind, while nerfing fear-blind at the same time, since one can't spam fear but can easily spam cyclone. CC OPness much?

perhaps it is because shadow's been sucking for so long that we no longer have faith in this spec regardless of any changes that had come through? i didn't pvp as shadow or anything but from the few changes we got, things got to have improved at least a tiny bit from what it was before. but because it has always been bad, people are no longer committed to play an obvious harder spec comparing with discipline? i have no idea.

GM/Raid Leader of <Air>, Sargeras-US, Alliance
    13/13M Mythic Morning/Day-Time Raiding Guild

Now recruiting for Legion! Apply at air-guild.com

Quote Originally Posted by Xel
    perhaps it is because shadow's been sucking for so long that we no longer have faith in this spec regardless of any changes that had come through? i didn't pvp as shadow or anything but from the few changes we got, things got to have improved at least a tiny bit from what it was before. but because it has always been bad, people are no longer committed to play an obvious harder spec comparing with discipline? i have no idea.
    If you had PvP'ed as shadow during S5, you'd be able to see how wondefull the dispersion and psychic horror changes are right now. What I'm complaining about is the rogue nerf, which directly affects the setup I've been playing with for the past two seasons. Shadows are fine right now, that doesn't mean they can win matches alone. They need a compatible partner. Nerf'ing the best choice is just silly.

Quote Originally Posted by Mandui
    If you had PvP'ed as shadow during S5, you'd be able to see how wondefull the dispersion and psychic horror changes are right now. What I'm complaining about is the rogue nerf, which directly affects the setup I've been playing with for the past two seasons. Shadows are fine right now, that doesn't mean they can win matches alone. They need a compatible partner. Nerf'ing the best choice is just silly.
    A priest complaining about us rogues getting a nerf, I think i'm in love <3.

The combo we have most trouble with as Disc/Rogue is Hunter + Shaman, well played they run rings around us for the majority of the fight, a lucky spurt of burst upon catching them for once is the only hope; and Death Knight + Druid, 'catchthatdruid'?

And for anyone that was going to say it, no i'm not playing Disc/Rogue because of fotm, simply because we've always played together :P.

What combinations do you have trouble with as Rogue/Shadow ?

Well blizz sometimes do that their logic is that you still have a spec to PvP with.

Then having a PvP set available is more or less a joke, yes? :P
    That set could just as easily be for disc..

although I've been a priest since the very first day WoW was released.
    your a draenei...
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I'm going to hell, and you're all coming with me.

Quote Originally Posted by Srsbznss
    your a draenei...
    There's this thing called.. "rerolling".

Quote Originally Posted by Srsbznss
    your a draenei...
    Quote Originally Posted by Raptorg
    There's this thing called.. "rerolling".
    Indeed. 3 lvl 60-62 undead, troll and nelf priest and Mandui at lvl 80. All of them shadow.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemz0r
    A priest complaining about us rogues getting a nerf, I think i'm in love <3.

The combo we have most trouble with as Disc/Rogue is Hunter + Shaman, well played they run rings around us for the majority of the fight, a lucky spurt of burst upon catching them for once is the only hope; and Death Knight + Druid, 'catchthatdruid'?

And for anyone that was going to say it, no i'm not playing Disc/Rogue because of fotm, simply because we've always played together :P.

What combinations do you have trouble with as Rogue/Shadow ?
    You see the blind/fear nerf affects shadow/rogue a lot more than disc/rogue. The healer setup doesn't have to count so much on using their CCs with as much coordination as the double dps setup. You do a mistake and the disc will heal it out. Try doing a mistake and using your CDs as double dps. The usual tactic is to lock one of the two out of the combat, by sapping, then fearing, hoping that he'll pop the trinket and then blind. No idea how this will work now, since the blind duration will only be 5secs -.-'

We have trouble with warriors and resto druids. Everything else is manageable, but it take us too long to down some setups which include the above mentioned classes. If we don't kill at least one of the opponents within a minute, we'll most probably lose, be it because of my oom'ness or because the rogue will have nothing else to use.

So yeah, I haven't done any matches since the nerf but I have the feeling that it'll be like in S5. Struggling to get a decent rating with a broken setup.