Thread: Arena shadow

Deleted

Arena shadow

I don't know if you think shadow is fixed arena (with any other partners than rogue). But I feel that shadow would be really great if we just got some more damage done. I tried it out 2v2 with a druid healing me the other day and we would have done great if I just had been able to do some faster damage. To keep up with burst we need a little burst as well. I don't know how they could fix this, dots can't solve it... we need a new spell causing faster damage or remove cooldown on mindblast. If things should be balanced around 2v2 that would really solve the case. Cause with healer buddy we might survive but it's no use surviving if damage done easily is healed by the healer of the other team.

Re: Arena shadow

Quote Originally Posted by Tea
    I don't know if you think shadow is fixed arena (with any other partners than rogue). But I feel that shadow would be really great if we just got some more damage done. I tried it out 2v2 with a druid healing me the other day and we would have done great if I just had been able to do some faster damage. To keep up with burst we need a little burst as well. I don't know how they could fix this, dots can't solve it... we need a new spell causing faster damage or remove cooldown on mindblast. If things should be balanced around 2v2 that would really solve the case. Cause with healer buddy we might survive but it's no use surviving if damage done easily is healed by the healer of the other team.
    Not every spec is as viable as other specs in 2v2.
    Not every spec is as viable as other specs in 3v3.
    Not every spec is as viable as other specs in 5v5.

End of story.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Viscule
    Not every spec is as viable as other specs in 2v2.
    Not every spec is as viable as other specs in 3v3.
    Not every spec is as viable as other specs in 5v5.

End of story.
    Ok cause shadow is not really possible in 3v3 from what I've tried. But this would make us able 2v2 at least. Or you think shadow has a decent place in 5v5?

Shadow is the dps that needs AGES to get the dps going on. In arena, you're lucky to cast anything, let alone perform your rotation for doing some nice dps. So what Tea said - not every spec is viable and I doubt shadow will receive some bursty changes, as it'd affect pve in some way. And if it affects pve, "pure" dpsers qq, and we have the wheel of "pvp ruined pve" going on and no one ends up happy.

Even with the changes, shadow uses all the cooldowns fast and is left with no defenses or offensive moves and is - owned. I doubt it's viable for 5v5 with sucky players playing it (like me) but exceptional player + exceptional teammates = they'll make it work.

Healer + spriest isn't viable. Shadow dmg is alright for the time being, but not enough to bring down a healer/dps team while being healed. A shadow can only progress with another dps, best case of course being a rogue. However, after the recent blind-fear nerf, I doubt that even this setup will work.