Page 1 of 14
... LastLast
    Deleted

How to clean your system from keyloggers and other types of viruses

Logicaly’s guide: How to CLEAN your PC from keyloggers.

Hi all, this guide will help you on how to clean your pc from keyloggers.
    Last update: February 8, 2010

Screenshots have now been added!!!

English is not my mother tongue, so some things are hard for me to explain, but I think i'm doing a good job, in general ^^

First of all, a note: Hijackthis is a tool, used for finding infections in your computer. Please note: THIS IS NOT A SCANNER. It shows both malicious rules, but also LEGIT rules. Do not fix rules in Hijackthis yourself!
    You can find a list of forums that are qualified to look at your Hijackthis log here: http://asap.maddoktor2.com
    In addition, here’s a list of forums where you can post your hijackthis logfile. – If you know any others, please let me know in a comment/reply!
    Dutch/Belgium:
    www.hijackthis.nl/forum
    www.minatica.be/forum.php
    http://www.antispywareoffensief.nl/forum/

English:
    http://www.spywareinfoforum.com/
    http://forums.techguy.org/
    http://www.techsupportforum.com/

Before posting a Hijackthis log, please do the following steps upfront. I know this is a lot of work, but that way most malware is already deleted and your logfile can be looked at faster.
    Please remember: Follow ALL steps, including step 7

Note: Vista/Win. 7 users must run installations and the downloaded programs as Administrator. You can do this by right-clicking the program and select Run as Administrator (The screenshot shows it for Hijackthis, You must use this for every program we use here)
    http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/6665/guide1bb5.jpg <-- Screenshot

• Download CCleaner here: here and install it.
    • Once it’s booted, press the button to Clean up your system.
    This can take a few minutes, depending on how much trash there is on your PC. Please read what is being removed, you might not want the program to remove your Internet History or saved passwords.
    Note: CCleaner can ask you to install Yahoo Toolbar during the installation. Uncheck this option if you do not want the toolbar!
    Screenshot: Click!

• Download Ad-aware Free Anti-Malware 8 here and install it.
    If you get an license note during the installation, press Use Free.
    • After the installation Ad-Aware may ask you to reboot before the first use. Please do this! Once the system is rebooted, start Ad-Aware.
    It should update automatically, and this can take quite a while the first time. Just wait. If it doesn’t update automatically, do it manually by clicking the update-button.
    Once Ad-Aware has finished updating, it might magically disappear.. It’ll be in your taskbar!
    • Click on the Systemscan button. Wait until it is finished.
    • Once it is finished, make sure you select everything and Quarantine/Delete it.[/li
      • Close Ad-Aware once everything is completed.

• Download Spybot Search & Destroy here and install it.
      • During the installation, uncheck "Use Internet Explorer protection (SDHelper)" and "Use system settings Protection (TeaTimer)"
      • After the installation, boot Spybot S & D. Search for updates first, and download them all.
      • Click on the Immunize tab afterwards, followed by clicking the Immunize button.
      Wait until the operation has been completed.
      • Then go to the Search and Destroy tab. Click on Check All after that and wait until things are done.
        • Select all problems found, and repair the problems.
        Close Spybot afterwards.

• Download MBAM (MalwareBytes' Anti-Malware) here and install it. Make sure that at the end of the installation, Update MalwareBytes' Anti-Malware and Start MalwareBytes' Anti-Malware is checked.
        • Select Full Scan and start scanning. When it is done, select everything and delete the found objects.
        • A logfile will also open automatically. Save this logfile and post it together with your Hijackthis logfile.
        The Logfile will automatically be saved at the Logs tab in MBAM.
        If MBAM found objects that can't be deleted, it will ask to reboot your computer. Allow this and restart your computer.

5. Do a full system scan with your virusscanner and remove all found infections.
        If you do not have a virusscanner – GET ONE ASAP!!- , you can scan online with one of these scanners. (Use Internet Explorer to scan)

BitDefender: http://www.bitdefender.com/scan8/ie.html
        Panda: http://www.pandasoftware.com/actives..._principal.htm
        Kaspersky: http://www.kaspersky.nl/scanner

Remove all infections found.

6. Restart your computer.

• Download Hijackthis here and install it.
        • After the installation Hijackthis will open. Press Do a systemscan and save a logfile.
          A notepad file will open. In the Notepad file, press CTRL + A to select everything, CTRL + C to Copy everything. Then press CTRL + V in a new topic at the forum you want to post the log.

Also paste the MBAM log on the forum you place the Hijackthis logfile.

Many thanks for reading, if you have questions or problems, please ask

Also: Please note: Doing this all, is NOT A GUARANTEE your computer is not infected. There is no scanner that has a 100% detection rate.

- Logicaly
        PS. Logicaly is my new main. The old one was Magekíd. It’s still me
        PSS. To that sneaky person posting in the US forums: WTB credits-link!

Please do NOT post your hijackthis logs in a reply/thread here, I'll most likely only redirect you to the correct forum ^^ (which you can see at the top of the post)
        Edit: /sigh, people do it anyways:< Ah well.. /love

Deleted

Re: [Guide] How to CLEAN your system from keyloggers - by Magekíd, Turalyon EU

This seems like a useful collection of information, stickied!
    Thanks Magekid for your effort

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account

Re: [Guide] How to CLEAN your system from keyloggers

Very nice.

Has anyone done this yet with success?

Deleted

Well, thanks all for the replies so far

And yes, it has been done with success, as you can see here: (http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread....83442401&sid=1 ) (which has been green + blue tagged). It is also in the list of useful guides (by blue panda's ^^) here: (http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread....00700766&sid=1)
    And for those who don't trust it, WoW EU forums --> Ingame customer support --> Sticky: [Guides] Our collection of How To Guides )

Anyhow, thanks for the replies, hope you find it useful

- Magekíd

thanks for sharing

thanks for this it works!

Thanks alot mate

After second step my mmo-champion in mozilla firefox look like this: http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/7021/15127478.jpg
    I dont know how to fix that
    What have you done, magekid?

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Jast
    After second step my mmo-champion in mozilla firefox look like this: http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/7021/15127478.jpg
    I dont know how to fix that
    What have you done, magekid?
    That's how any website looks like without the corrosponding *.CSS file.
    Basicly, that file handles the lay-out of a webpage.

Go to the MMO-Champion.com mainpage and press CONTROL+F5 to refresh the attached files.

Oh, many thanks to you, Somnio. That was like nightmare...

Deleted

Oh, many thanks to you, Somnio. That was like nightmare...
    Imagine how the entire internet would look like if there were no stylesheets

Also it killed other functions of my firefox, i dont know how tell you what wrong, because dont know english well, but if someone dont know much about firefox options - dont do something with it. I have freed only 15Mb, but lost... Some cute forums and other sites...

Okay, i'll try to explain, i cant watch video-posts at some forums, i just dont see them. They said that i must do something with javascript, but i dont know what to do

I hope you can understand me.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account

I gotta thank you.
    I have recently been hacked and I've been trying different spyware and heres a good list what u need. Thanks alot. :>

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account

Also it killed other functions of my firefox, i dont know how tell you what wrong, because dont know english well, but if someone dont know much about firefox options - dont do something with it. I have freed only 15Mb, but lost... Some cute forums and other sites...

Okay, i'll try to explain, i cant watch video-posts at some forums, i just dont see them. They said that i must do something with javascript, but i dont know what to do

I hope you can understand me.
    I belive that is the ATF-Cleaner that did that, actually happened to me aswell. Cannot watch wow-annexe videos etc.
    Any way to fix this would be nice. Thx.

Deleted

Hello,

I just tested it myself, and I don't get these problems...

What ATF Cleaner does is remove the temporary files made when you visit sites. These files stack up, even if you only visited the site once. Could you try the following?

- Close all windows (also firefox/internet) and run ATF cleaner again
    - Reboot your PC
    - Start Firefox again

If that doesn't work, try disabling Firefox addons (things like Noscript might block it?)

Please let me know if it doesn't work, so I can search for a solution for you.

- Magekíd

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account

I cannot enter warcraft movies or even wow-annexe atm, I think they are probably having some other problems I'll check on that later.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account

Actually I believe it was something with the site that happened to happen exactly 10secnds after I use the ATF- Cleaner oO.

Deleted

I'm not really sure if you suspect it is ATF Cleaner, but if you think it is and after doing what I said in my previous reply didn't work, please let me know )

(Also say it if it works again tomorrow by the way, so I know it isn't ATF Cleaner , if it is causing problems I will replace it with some other tool ^^)

Thanks,

- Magekíd

I was just wondering if anyone else experienced this but i did a search for something harmless(not pr3n) that i can't remember, went to the site, then all of a sudden i get this fast text of some worm virus and what looked like an antivirus program detecting it(I only have AVG). It looked like it was coming from a 'My Computer' interface with it saying i had all of these trojans and it looked like they were all downloading themselves real fast. It asked me if i wanted to go to the site to download the anti-trojan/virus software, but i clicked no, and exited out of the window completely.

I downloaded Malware Bytes and ran AVG Antivirus which didn't detect anything. Is this a scam? I couldn't tell if it came from my AVG detecting it, or if it was some internet scam. I'm leaning towards the latter, but what i don't get is if its a scam how can these guys get away with a fake worm screen then selling their supposed antivirus as a result?

I hope this was clear but if not reply and i'll try and clear up any questions.