Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    My yahoo email is sending out spam lol...

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyseh View Post
    At work we have a suite of tools we script to run automatically on a machine any time we find a virus:

Microsoft Safety Scanner
    McAfee Stinger
    Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
    TDSS Killer (suspected rootkits only)
    HitmanPro
    Quote Originally Posted by rebjorn79 View Post
    Just a recommendation from someone with tech support history at Symantec:

Norton has a tool called Norton Power Eraser, it's not widely advertised as it's a free tool which has its uses for various troubleshooting and is also a quick way for tech support to run a scan/clean on a customer's system. Works great, just google it. Make sure you run it from symantec's own website.
    Any recommendations besides these?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post

Any recommendations besides these?
    <snip bad link>
    Last edited by Cilraaz; 2019-01-20 at 02:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Are you sure it's coming from your machine? It may be someone using your account elsewhere (we get this occasionally with Google Apps customers who get keyloggers).

Easiest way to test. Change your password and block outbound traffic on TCP port 25 using your machine or router firewall.

I'd say prevention is better than the cure. Use a javascript blocker, works great.

Does anyone use spybot these days? Heard its obselete and useless compared to malewarebytes...

I recommend adding CCenhancer with CCleaner it adds 2347 additional programs CCleaner will be able to clean (listed under the application tab)

Download: http://singularlabs.com/software/ccenhancer/
    Instructions:
    Make sure you have the latest CCleaner version installed or atleast CCleaner v3.09 or higher.
    Make sure CCleaner is closed before you start CCenhancer.
    Start CCenhancer click on "Download Latest" after its done it will ask you if you want to open CCleaner.
    When CCleaner starts it will take a while before "Clean Now" becomes available.
    This is due to CCleaner checking if the new entries are actually on your computer.
    The "Applications tab" at CCleaner cleaning window will have alot more programs added which u can enable at your choosing.

Enjoy.

P.S.
    CCenhancer is portable so it might create a file called cc_config.ini at the place where it has been run, it can safely be deleted, its jsut there so CCenhancer knows what date u downloaded the latest "program list" for CCleaner.
    (you can open it, its a text file saying what date u last run CCenhancer)
    Example: "LastUpdate:16-7-2014" in mine right now
    Last edited by Demontjuh; 2014-07-16 at 02:23 AM.
    Be passionate about the craft, achievements, events and community.
    But do not worship the machine, pedestal nor system.
    You cannot afford to be blind, for yourself and others.

If you really want to get paranoid about keyloggers.... always assume you have one and encrypt how you type your password in. I always type non password items in my password spot and go back over them high lighting them and typing in over the bad spots a few times to encrypt the key log info......if that makes sense....

Deleted
    Very helpful , thank you!

I use AVG free edition. it's the best and it's not aggressive to the system.

Deleted
    What about how to remove USB firmware keylogger? Keylogger that infect everything with USB chip?

how to remove PC Optimizer Pro,
    " In a Society like this table, a state of equilibrium, once one makes the first move, everyone must follow! In every era, this World has been operating by this napkin principle. And the one who ‘takes the napkin first’ must be someone who is respected by all. It’s not that anyone can fulfill this role… Those that are despotic or unworthy will be scorned. And those are the ‘losers"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by habitsbreaker View Post
    how to remove PC Optimizer Pro,
    Like this:

http://www.tomsguide.com/us/pc-optim...ews-19173.html

If that doesn't do it report back here.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Another great program I use is Hitman Pro. The company offers a cloud based free license and picks up what Malwarebytes' Antimalware misses. Great for removing Search Protect and Conduit viruses.

thank you very helpfull

My computer is connected to california/washington servers 24/7 and I cant clean this shit. Windows 8 default feature.

Thanks for this post and the subsequent sticking of the thread. More information like this needs to be out there involving security and how to protect yourself. Amazing how many hours people will spend on a comp and have no idea or haven't read things like this before.

Oh, if all else fails...
    http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/combofix/
    Should resolve any really stubborn issues.

Deleted
    Thanks for this, didn't know if spybot was a legit program!

When I had bought the laptop, I used the Atomic PC cleaner for a while believing that it keeps PC safe. Atomic works great and optimizes PC but it minimizes to the taskbar which I didn't like. I started using Glary Utilities, which is yet another great PC optimizer tool. After using glary utilities for a month, I installed Avast free antivirus. Thank god I removed glary because it isn't a security software. Avast is a robust software with an excellent mawlare, virus, keylogger detection system. It works like a charm. Right now I'm using Avast and I'm happy. My PC is safer.
    Last edited by SmithUSA; 2016-10-22 at 01:25 PM.