Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Random Imp:DP Misses

Any else have this problem where sometimes the initial you do when you use DP misses?

Before anyone asks, im hit capped (10.04%+1% Draenei racial, with obvious misery and shadow focus) so that isnt why it is missing. It seems to even happen while misery is up.
    Zinge
    Officer of <Smitus and Friends> 7/7M 10/10M
    US 10th

Re: Random Imp:DP Misses

can't say I have noticed it ever miss, usually see the damage appear as soon as I cast it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zinge
    Any else have this problem where sometimes the initial you do when you use DP misses?

Before anyone asks, im hit capped (10.04%+1% Draenei racial, with obvious misery and shadow focus) so that isnt why it is missing. It seems to even happen while misery is up.
    You're either not hit capped like you claim or you are mistaking full resists with misses.

My guess is because you are relying on the Draenei racial to be hit capped that that person is dying during an encounter and thus you are losing your 1% to hit.

Quote Originally Posted by Zinge

I've had that problem as well, I have no idea why as I'm hit capped as well. The initial damage misses but the dot applies.

Keep in mind that the draenei hit aura has a 30 yard range.
    This can be why you see a miss. If the draenei moves out of range of you during the encounter, you're no longer hit-capped.

Im a Draenei so no, its not that
    Zinge
    US 10th

which encounter/s? Spell damage can still be full resisted which is a completely different concept to miss... unfortunetly blizzard decided to use the word resist for both events.

Cant remember which, but its happened in a lot of the Ulduar bosses. Its also happening in this pug BT im in right now
    Zinge
    US 10th

It's possible the imp DP is not getting the benefit from misery and/or focus? This isn't the first post on the issue... I have not seen it miss myself.

I can confirm this is happening. The instant part of improved devouring plague doesn't take into effect heroic presence. It isn't a resist, its a miss.

That would make sense, hopefully it gets fixed soon.
    Zinge
    US 10th

Imp DP seems to "bypass' hit cap, i have 293 hit with 3/3 SWing, and i get misses every now and again, i think something similar was posted on SP.com a while ago about it

Do you open with Vampiric Touch -> Devouring Plague?

If yes, it's possible for the Devouring Plague cast to go through before the target is afflicted by Misery, so you're actually 3% below the hit cap.
    It can happen with any other spell, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Worshaka
    which encounter/s? Spell damage can still be full resisted which is a completely different concept to miss... unfortunetly blizzard decided to use the word resist for both events.
    Didn't they change this not so long ago? Resist says resist and miss says miss now...or am I crazy?!?

EX - <PIE CHART> US TOP 10 Check 'em out http://piechart-guild.com/

No, you're not imagining it. Imp. DP missing when hit capped is a known bug.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaKenny
    I've had that problem as well, I have no idea why as I'm hit capped as well. The initial damage misses but the dot applies.
    confirmed, i started a thread on shadowpriest.com during the ptr phase of 3.1, as it misses even on lvl 20 mobs misery seems not to be the reason, i guess bliiz forgot to remove the 1% overall miss that spells used to have back in bc and classic when creating improved dp (maybe they used an old template for creating spells or whatever)

It seems very random... i've done entire Uld raids where it misses very seldom and other entire raids where imp DP doesn't miss at all....

I guess it might just be the luck of RNG but considering the sample size of an entire raid run I find that unlikely.

Quote Originally Posted by Worshaka
    It seems very random... i've done entire Uld raids where it misses very seldom and other entire raids where imp DP doesn't miss at all....

I guess it might just be the luck of RNG but considering the sample size of an entire raid run I find that unlikely.
    It can't be RNG, I have noticed this as well and at the moment I am raiding with about 308 hit rating. With Misery and Shadow Focus it should be impossible for me to miss a spell, but I have noticed it happening with DP, and no other spell.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account

Experienced this aswell.
    Hit capped and all that shit - Rather annoying tbh :/

Quote Originally Posted by Maree
    Experienced this aswell.
    Hit capped and all that shit - Rather annoying tbh :/
    You're horde. So no, you're not experiencing this.

The only reason for you is you failed and putted up Devouring Plague first instead of Vampiric Touch, since the first spell always have a chance to miss due to no misery applied to the target.