Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: Random Imp:DP Misses

Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia
    You're horde. So no, you're not experiencing this.

The only reason for you is you failed and putted up Devouring Plague first instead of Vampiric Touch, since the first spell always have a chance to miss due to no misery applied to the target.
    Exactly when and where was it confirmed that this is a bug with Improved DP not taking heroic presence into account?
    Exactly when and where was it confirmed that this is NOT a bug with Improved DP not taking misery into account?
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

You're horde. So no, you're not experiencing this.

The only reason for you is you failed and putted up Devouring Plague first instead of Vampiric Touch, since the first spell always have a chance to miss due to no misery applied to the target.
    Wrong.

I am horde, and this has happened to me as well, with Misery on the mob, and 309 hit rating.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

I never missed. But I experienced bosses being immune to my DoTs several time, and also a lot of mechanical targets in Ulduar being immune to Devouring Plague (since it's not Magic, but a Disease).

I personally have a hard time believing either, but I can go with the explanation that Heroic Presence is the reason for alliance.

If you're so sure it's a bug, pick a Heroic Target Dummy, level 83, and see if you can make it happen, and post a combat log of it. I still think what you (horde) people are experiencing is not resists, but immunity effects that occurs on mechanics or during role play (think Mimiron phase switches).

I'll not be inclined to believe anything without proof when I never ever experienced a resist while being hit capped after Mind Flay got fixed in 3.0.8

Also, Improved Devouring plague don't change the spell, it simply adds a modifier that buffs the damage in the damage calculation on the server.

A resist is something that's rolled on application of every spell.

And oh yeah, weren't people flaming me for claiming knowing resists mid-fight is a GOOD thing?

15+ Year Old Account

If you're so sure it's a bug, pick a Heroic Target Dummy, level 83, and see if you can make it happen, and post a combat log of it. I still think what you (horde) people are experiencing is not resists, but immunity effects that occurs on mechanics or during role play (think Mimiron phase switches).
    So what you're trying to say is that horde it too fucking dumb to know the difference between a miss (which gets displayed with a big fat MISS) and an immunity (which gets displayed with a big fat IMMUNE)?

Also, Improved Devouring plague don't change the spell, it simply adds a modifier that buffs the damage in the damage calculation on the server.
    Um have you checked the talent, and your combat log lately?

X hits Y for Z with Improved Devouring Plague.
    Y is affected by Devouring Plague.
    Y takes W damage from Devouring Plague.

Not knowing how Blizzard coded it, it could very well be its own spell, because it has its own entry in the combat log.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

I never missed.
    You are not everyone.

But I experienced bosses being immune to my DoTs several time, and also a lot of mechanical targets in Ulduar being immune to Devouring Plague (since it's not Magic, but a Disease).
    Other people know the difference between a Miss and an Immune message too. Stop acting as though every other person who plays a Priest is some sort of idiot who cannot read.

I personally have a hard time believing either, but I can go with the explanation that Heroic Presence is the reason for alliance.
    Then your assumption is wrong. This happens to both Horde and Alliance, so it is obviously not Heroic Presence.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account

Here you go.

Has happened to me as well.

Quote Originally Posted by AetherMcLoud
    X hits Y for Z with Improved Devouring Plague.
    Y is affected by Devouring Plague.
    Y takes W damage from Devouring Plague.
    I was refereeing to the 15% damage bonus, not the entry damage.

People been mixing up Devouring Plague as a overall spell, and between the initial damage hit. That is, with a follow-up from the previous thread

Then it also makes sense not to realise it, since only the application of the DoT been something I cared for. And devouring plague as disease is applied to the target even if the initial hit effect misses.

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon
    Other people know the difference between a Miss and an Immune message too. Stop acting as though every other person who plays a Priest is some sort of idiot who cannot read.
    I assume every human is some sort of idiot that can't read, and thus don't see a reason to believe anything without solid proof, such as Maree's screenshot (Glad to see someone actually cared to test it).

(Glad to see someone actually cared to test it).
    How glad are you? Like on a scale of 1-10?

Better yet, just draw us a graph plz.

suprised its taken so long for many of you to notice.....

please bump my thread on blizzards eu forums, thanks

http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread....sid=1&pageNo=1

EU forums? you taking the piss? Nobody read the EU forums, it's just a empty hole for trolls and whiners.

There's a larger chance that a CM would read it on mmo-champion than on the EU forums, lol.

http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/7048/impdp.jpg

just to further reinforce that it exists
    Zinge
    Officer of <Smitus and Friends> 7/7M 10/10M
    US 10th

This could probably be isolated in an evening of testing by a few alliance and horde priests. If it hasn't been acknowledge as a bug by Blizzard, you could probably make a very solid case for it by week's end, and potentially have it fixed for 3.1.2. Mild anecdotal evidence isn't going to earn you much, so get rigorous.

Gear up past 17% hit, head to the boss dummy. Make sure nobody else comes by. Start DPing, look for misses. Long cooldown, but keep at it. Get a couple thousand cumulative between the group of you. Record the data reliably,
    Not finding any?

Ok, drop down to 16%, and drop misery, in a group with draenei hitbuff. Test again as above.

Drop to 14%, get misery going. Gather data.
    Drop to 13%, with misery + draenei

etc. just keep testing to isolate each buff and talent. Repeat until statistically significant. If you need help on that, head to EJ forums, discuss what you want to do, and ask someone to figure out how many casts you would need to make it statistically significant.

It will be quite a lot of casts, since if the problem is that say the draenei buff doesn't apply, you've only got a 1% chance on any given cast for a miss, when testing 16%+draenei.

Tricky part is getting hit exactly at the right amount, or close enough. Below 17%, each priest gathering data would need to record their exact +hit rating while casting, and report it along with the data. This is because the chances of not seeing a miss if you have, say, 16.5% hit, vs. 16%, are significantly different. After 100 casts with 16.5%, you have a 60.5% of not seeing one, vs. 16%, where you'd have just a 36.6% chance. (Testing misery makes this easy, as 3% miss should make itself evident very quickly.)

A final variable you'll want to try and isolate is dual-spec swapping.
    Anywho.. that's all I have to say. Just trying to get the community to raise the level of evidence we bring to Blizz to talk to them.

15+ Year Old Account

I was refereeing to the 15% damage bonus, not the entry damage.

People been mixing up Devouring Plague as a overall spell, and between the initial damage hit. That is, with a follow-up from the previous thread
    Don't try to wiggle your way out of this one. The whole thread is about the instant damage portion of imp. dp NOT hitting. It has absolutely nothing to do with the dot not hitting.

Also LOL:

EU forums? you taking the piss? Nobody read the EU forums, it's just a empty hole for trolls and whiners.

There's a larger chance that a CM would read it on mmo-champion than on the EU forums, lol.
    I've had various threads I made on the EU forums get replies by a CM. They may not post as much as GC on the US forums, but they do read the threads. But of course I am wrong and Nezoia is right...

Oh wait.

Quote Originally Posted by rabbimojo
    This could probably be isolated in an evening of testing by a few alliance and horde priests. If it hasn't been acknowledge as a bug by Blizzard, you could probably make a very solid case for it by week's end, and potentially have it fixed for 3.1.2. Mild anecdotal evidence isn't going to earn you much, so get rigorous.

Gear up past 17% hit, head to the boss dummy. Make sure nobody else comes by. Start DPing, look for misses. Long cooldown, but keep at it. Get a couple thousand cumulative between the group of you. Record the data reliably,
    Not finding any?

Ok, drop down to 16%, and drop misery, in a group with draenei hitbuff. Test again as above.

Drop to 14%, get misery going. Gather data.
    Drop to 13%, with misery + draenei

etc. just keep testing to isolate each buff and talent. Repeat until statistically significant. If you need help on that, head to EJ forums, discuss what you want to do, and ask someone to figure out how many casts you would need to make it statistically significant.

It will be quite a lot of casts, since if the problem is that say the draenei buff doesn't apply, you've only got a 1% chance on any given cast for a miss, when testing 16%+draenei.

Tricky part is getting hit exactly at the right amount, or close enough. Below 17%, each priest gathering data would need to record their exact +hit rating while casting, and report it along with the data. This is because the chances of not seeing a miss if you have, say, 16.5% hit, vs. 16%, are significantly different. After 100 casts with 16.5%, you have a 60.5% of not seeing one, vs. 16%, where you'd have just a 36.6% chance. (Testing misery makes this easy, as 3% miss should make itself evident very quickly.)

A final variable you'll want to try and isolate is dual-spec swapping.
    Anywho.. that's all I have to say. Just trying to get the community to raise the level of evidence we bring to Blizz to talk to them.
    We already know that it has nothing to do with Heroic Presence, as it affects hit-capped Horde as well.