Thread: cower

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

cower

A pally tank in my guild is complaining cause I put out too much threat. He wants me to use cower. Does anyone actually have this on their bars? I haven't used it since 3.0 and I just wanted to know if anyone has ever needed to use it.

Re: cower

Tell him to stop complaining and put salv on you, and also l2tank

The l2p issues are obvious!

I've never bothered to use cower, during raids.

i sometimes have to but generally just with pug tanks. It doesn't lower ur threat all that much anyways. If you are close enough in threat to have to use it you'll catch up again b4 the 10 sec cd. Pally tanks do ridiculous threat anyways tell him to learn his rotation better.

also l2tank
    This.
    Paladins are way better than others tanks threat wise.

15+ Year Old Account

whats this cower you speak about

Quote Originally Posted by Camie
    ^^^

Cower

edit : NM didn't get the druid irony

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Alski
    whats this cower you speak about

^^^
    I think i saw it once but having noted it did no damage i promptly forgot it again

Yes, Cower is still on my bars and yes, I still have to use it on occasion in a feeble attempt to lower threat.

Is threat generally an issue? No, of course not. There are some fights where a feral kitty can put out insane burst (usually gimmick fights). I also have some issues with aoe'ing groups and threat with kitty swipe.

What I would really like to see happen is that Cower get reworked into something... useful? The threat dump generated by cower can be negated by one of my Rip crits. If you're flirting with disaster and you have a full complement of bleeds on the target, Cower can keep you just low enough on threat if you stop attacking. If you continue to go all-out I guarantee you'll pull threat anyways. Perhaps if it worked like Fade I'd appreciate the ability more.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Xs
    Tell him to stop complaining and put salv on you, and also l2tank

Quote Originally Posted by Camie
    Paladin threat is way higher than other tank threat right now, he should have no problem tanking.
    Signatures are overrated.

Cower won't help much, but I use it sometimes anyway since it beats doing nothing. If the paladin's gear isn't much worse than yours and he's not wearing a resistance set, there is probably some room for him to improve his threat. In an average fight, a tank's threat should quite quickly be pretty comfortably above the dps.

Also, his Hand of Salvation can take care of one high threat person much more effectively than Cower/Feint can. Be smart though, ultimately your threat is your problem and you need to watch it and keep an eye on things like the tank being stunned or unable to build threat properly if he's kiting Vezax, for example. In such situations you may indeed "put out too much threat" but generally dps shouldn't need to hold back after the tank has established threat.

Deleted

My screen is red all the time but I don´t pull aggro yet with our tanks. So its your tanks fault

Just tell him you are using it every cooldown and he sucks.
    Nom Nom Nom [NNF] (2 points) - When you Ferocious Bite a target at or below 25% health, you have a 50/100% chance to instantly refresh the duration of your Rip on the target.

Quote Originally Posted by getefix
    A pally tank in my guild is complaining cause I put out too much threat.
    Ask him if he knows the 96969 rotation. If not, then it's definitely him who needs to learn how to tank.

For 5 mans or trash or stuff like that, it can be a little tricky to manage threat as a paladin if everyone decides 'hey it's a paladin it doesn't matter what target I hit', but against a single target (eg boss) there should be no issues whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronalis
    in soviet russia, mods troll you!

on fights like deconstructor i have to cower probably every second 5 point rip.

Our tank is a paly (for this fight) and he just cant handle the threat.

He is an experienced tank (BC MH/TK/SW) aoe tank, but just struggles against feral.

Im wondering if the cat dps boost isnt scaling with the cat threat reduction?

Just have him salv you...
    or go bear form at 109% and pass him. then have him taunt =]
    It will take much longer to get back up to 10% again since that number is getting larger.

Quote Originally Posted by Melonberry
    Just tell him you are using it every cooldown and he sucks.
    ^
    this
    *French guy inside*
    *please forgive my poor english*

I will never ever believe that a protpally could have issues with anything, having issues with aggro is even more laughable. I never Cower while raiding and so far never pulled aggro off our MT Paladin. It is just not possible, unless he's autoattacking the boss.

15+ Year Old Account

Tell him "look up 969 rotation" and L2tank.

As a proud owner of both a feral druid and a prot paladin, I assure you he's nowhere close his real threat if you manage to get aggro as a cat.
    As much as I love druids, few things compare to your warrior tank screaming "stop taking aggro" when you're offtanking with Vigilance on you as a prot pala :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Qieth
    I don't do math, blind assumptions work so much better for me.