Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...

Re: 25 Assembly of Iron Hardmode - Silent - Eu, Illidan

Unbelievable amount of grievers here... Really all of you are jealous..
    They got the kill done by using the abilities provided by the game without fooling it by hs'ing or whatever. A very creative way of using the game fight mechanics at your advantage big congratulation to all of you guy's well done. Ignore the jealous posters they are just cock blocked because they could not perfect the strategy you used.
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

Grats for kill, and to all those ppl who thinks this isnt EU first since they used pets, can you please tell me how to tank Steelbreaker then, he nearly instagid tanks while just one add is down, can you explain your own tactics how to do it? since its totaly a DPS race which means you arent allowed to have 10 tanks with shieldwalls...

Silent used time and their own head, here is result, and GRATS TO THEM!!!

1-congratz Silent.brilliant

2-these ppl were smart enough and skilled enough to beat IC in hard mode.they did it!get over it.they are better than you!get over it!you were able to use any spellstealable buff or pets or w/e as well as they were.but wait,they did and YOU DIDNT!your fault.once again : they are better than you!
    rly stop being jelous.even with HS bugg,you are not the ones taking care of 'was it a legit kill or not?!' it is blizzzzzard that is responsible for bugs and gameplay.
    this guild was fast and clever and they are going to be on the list forever which means they are better than you.just get over it,amagad
    wow comunity will never stop QQing,sigh

Quote Originally Posted by Mocau
    Pets can't taunt
    http://thottbot.com/s47984
    http://thottbot.com/s47990

learn about what you are speaking to before making yourself look like a tard. Not only do they have a single target taunt, they have an aoe taunt as well, as well as high armor, high resistances and very high aoe avoidance. Not to mention the 10% reduced hit the VW's Suffering debuff on the boss which may cause Fusion Punch to miss altogether I assume. Furthermore, when the warlock is channeling his heal on the VW (with improved Health Funnel) it takes 30% less damage. I certainly get how it is able to stay alive.

The only thing I can't imagine, having never tried this, is how does it hold SO much threat off so many people doing 5+k dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Moses007
    http://thottbot.com/s47984
    http://thottbot.com/s47990

learn about what you are speaking to before making yourself look like a tard. Not only do they have a single target taunt, they have an aoe taunt as well.
    Torment (Rank 8)
    165 Mana 5 yd range
    Instant cast 5 sec cooldown
    Taunts the creature, increasing the chance that it will attack the Voidwalker. More effective than Torment (Rank 7).
    and

Taunt
    30 yd range
    Instant 8 sec cooldown
    Requires Defensive Stance
    Taunts the target to attack you, but has no effect if the target is already attacking you.
    VW just can't taunt like a war or another tank can, they just have an ability increasing the chance of being attacked.

The word "taunt" in Torment's description is only for the RP aspect.

Look, anyone who says: I could have done it as well with a pet.
    Think about it like this: Yes you could have but you did not.

It is like modern art. Drawing a black box in a white canvas is nothing special now, but when it was first created before anyone else thought about it and still calling it art was something unique and special. Therefore it sold for millions.
    Killing this boss with a pet is nothing special now, but when it was first done before anyone else thought about it and creating a world-first kill was/is something unique and special.
    Therefore its deserved to be praised.

Aight?

all i have to say as many other people have mentioned this before, blizzard stated that vw's tanking is not an intended mechanic and it was frowned upon when some guild did back to get sarth 3d. it was fixed but i guess it wasnt fixed enough, just because the "fix" didnt prevent this from happening again doesnt mean its right to go and flat out do it again. Really your not the first guild this week that has cheated their way closer to algalon, hey its ok no worries it seems like every hard mode kill in this past week has been accompanied by a fucking exploit, bug, or a mechanic thats supposed to be broken. Grats on you broken kill once it gets fixed i wish to be there when you actually have to worry about the tank dying.

oh and btw it seems like someone else followed in your footsteps .. http://www.mmo-champion.com/index.php?topic=53707.0 fucking cheaters are cheaters and always will be no matter how much you assholes try to sugar coat it.

edit: i just looked at the video ... so everytime your vw tank would die ... the big guy wouldnt get healed? so im pretty sure thats an exploit because your going around a specific mechanic of the fight, its just as bad as DI'ng on razorgore
    Thanks Caiti for the Signature and Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Diretree
    Blizz nerfed voidwalker in 3.1, i don't think it's possible
    Well, Demonic Resilience gives 15% damage mitigation.
    Improved Health Funnel gives 30% damage mitigation.
    The Voidwalker Glyph in that case is still viable, and does give a decent amount of stamina. But the pet was never intended to have 30K health. It WAS supposed to be a tanking pet....just not a substitute for bosses like it was.
    Master Demonologist is an extra 10% physical damage mitigation.

Demonic Empowerment almost has a 50% uptime now, instead of 33%

The pet still has 55% mitigation before Armor, and Blessing of Sanctuary, and let's not forget the 80% avoidance of AOE damage, which NO tank normally gets.

With Misdirects, Tricks of the Trade, etc, threat is fine. It's a great at single target aggro, however it's not an AOE tank, like a Paladin can be. But you also don't want the Voidwalker tanking the flame adds on Sarth 3d either.

The event has been nerfed and different ways are now possible to kill Steelbreaker.

I remind the video link of the kill with 3 VW tanks:

http://files.filefront.com/Assembly+.../fileinfo.html

The Silent web site is currently off line, due to high traffic the last days (too high for what it was designed :-[ ). It will be fixed next week.

See u