I'm interested in knowing a little more about Holy.

Hey guys. I'm not actually a Paladin, but as a healer I think it's important that I have a better understanding of the strengths and techniques of those I heal alongside. (I hope not to be flamed off this forum.) If you guys wouldn't mind, can you answer a few questions for me?

1. How much single target hps are you guys capable of (assuming the majority of it didn't go to overhealing)? Lay on Hands doesn't count.

2. How do you guys stagger your heals/what kind of healing rotations do you use?

3. Fully geared (with appropriate haste, etc) what are the cast times of your spells? How much do they heal for? What kind of talent/gear procs do they benefit from?

4. Assuming you could get a weapon with 0 stats distributed on it which you were able to customize with whatever stats you wanted, how would you prioritize those stats (SP > Crit > Int > Haste, vs SP > Int > Haste > Crit, etc)?

I may have more questions later. Thanks for your time in reading, and hopefully answering, these questions.

Re: I'm interested in knowing a little more about Holy.

Uhm, just spamming Holy Light it's possible to get upwards of 8k hps if you assume no overheals on single target, possibly more.

Right now, I pretty much just use Holy Light when healing, Holy Shock when someone could use a heal quick, and Flash of Light for top offs.

In my current Naxx 25 gear with full raid buffs and my 15 percent haste from judging my flash of light is at around 1.1 to 1.2 seconds, and with the Light's Grace buff after casting one Holy Light (.5 second reduced cast time on Holy Light) My Holy Lights are at around 1.5 to 1.7 seconds.

Technically I would value intellect on that weapon over everything else but however seeing as how weapons aren't itemized like that. I can say that I like to see Spellpower/Crit/Haste on my weapons, and no mp5.

Edit: oops on quoting

Quote Originally Posted by Dendrek
    Hey guys. I'm not actually a Paladin, but as a healer I think it's important that I have a better understanding of the strengths and techniques of those I heal alongside. (I hope not to be flamed off this forum.) If you guys wouldn't mind, can you answer a few questions for me?

1. How much single target hps are you guys capable of (assuming the majority of it didn't go to overhealing)? Lay on Hands doesn't count.

2. How do you guys stagger your heals/what kind of healing rotations do you use?

3. Fully geared (with appropriate haste, etc) what are the cast times of your spells? How much do they heal for? What kind of talent/gear procs do they benefit from?

4. Assuming you could get a weapon with 0 stats distributed on it which you were able to customize with whatever stats you wanted, how would you prioritize those stats (SP > Crit > Int > Haste, vs SP > Int > Haste > Crit, etc)?

I may have more questions later. Thanks for your time in reading, and hopefully answering, these questions.
    1. I dont get the overhealing part, but its (in raid) something like 12-17k every 1.40 seconds, with around 38-9% on 17k. With beacon its even more, but its all about unicate situations. It can be double more..

2 How i feel it, there are a lot of factors what to cast where and whats spellss to cast when, but you have to get to them.

3 1.1 Flash of light, 4-6.5k. 1.4 HL, 12-17k. 1.1 GCD with HS, 6-9k.

4 Highest ilvl with crit+haste. SP is from ilvl, stamina and intelect are everywhere, and crit+haste would be my stats.

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...ul&n=Sanguissa

1. Its too situational to state as each boss requires lotsa movement. Btw its impossible not to overheal when using paladins

2. Its usually fol-fol-fol-fol.....OH SHIT HL-HL-HL, when full, fol-fol-fol-fol with shock/fol combo and JoL thrown in once in a while in emergencies. Beacon on OT or myself in high raid damage bosses.

4. Im going for longevity build, so i'll be going for INT > Crit > Haste > SP. Dont see that much use of SP if using HL most of the time. Atm my crit rating is 38%+ unbuffed.

1. We spam HL, so assuming the target is taking massive damage (Rezuvious understudies for example) we can easily surpass 10k. I think my overall hps stays between 4.5 - 5k though, including beacon/glyph of HL etc. No one really takes enough damage for us to go nuts - that's why our overhealing is what it is.

2. No rotation. HL spam unless mobility is involved. then holy shock and flash of light. Note that when we need mana our healing drops by 20% across the board for 15 seconds. If we're really desperate and use divine plea without avenging wrath, it drops by 50%. We do have to judge every minute to maintain our 15% haste buff, keep sacred shield and Beacon of Light up, and use various hand spells, if those count as a rotation.

3. Healing Spells:
    Holy Light: 15 - 20k, 1.5ish second cast. Procs: Infusion of light (from holy shock crits) +20% crit. Light's Grace - .5 second cast time (after casting one HL). Glyph: 10% splash heal to 5 random targets, 8yd radius.
    Holy Shock: 6-8k I think, instant, Procs infusion of light for the other healing spells. Has a hot with 2 pc t8. can glyph for 1 second faster cd (5 seconds instead of 6)
    Flash of Light: 5-7k (i think - don't see these too often) 1.1 second cast, instant with infusion of light. Glyph = more crit. If target has our sacred shield up +50% crit (so generally guaranteed).
    Note: we get 60% mana return for every crit. This is huge.

4. INT > INT > INT > INT. Just kidding. INT > Crit > Haste > SP. (Haste and spellpower never really compete with each other, but haste is better assuming your SP is above 2k and your haste is under 687, which is usually the case)

Very informative. Thank you for the replies!

[edit] Two more questions:

5. How difficult do you find mana conservation to be in Ulduar?

6. What healing classes do you feel supplement you well when 2 or 3-healing 10 man raids?

Very informative. Thank you for the replies!

[edit] Two more questions:

5. How difficult do you find mana conservation to be in Ulduar?

6. What healing classes do you feel supplement you well when 2 or 3-healing 10 man raids?
    5. Although I've only gotten up to council with kologarn down, I would say that mana conservation shouldnt be a problem in Uldaur if you have enough crit. If you see pallys running out of mana, either run naxx for more crit gear, or get them to only use FoL until the tank gets low enough to use HL without it being a waste (insert shock at random times or during movement).

6. I find that any healer is fine to heal with as long as there isn't a pally/pally 2 heal combo. When 3 healing I prefer to go with a priest and/or druid because of the HoTs and raid heals (I dont count shammys in raid heals because people tend to forget to stand close enough for chain heal).

For priority, I go with crit>haste>sp. If i found a piece of gear that had 10 more crit, but 10 less sp, then I would go with the crit gear. A good way to think of it is that (as an example) 1% crit gain is worth any sp loss (while still having sp on the gear :P)

On another note, imo the T7 2set bonus is something every healer should have. More crits = more FoL's and mana regen.

On my char: ~1.2 FoL for 3.5k (5-7k crit), ~1.6 HL(with LG proc)for 11k (16-18k crit). EVERY holy pally should have this build (with 5 points to put where they want): http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#sxA0gM0sVu0tgdZVcbx

Divine Illumination is filler and may be better in Aura Mastery.

Quote Originally Posted by Kadas

2. No rotation. HL spam unless mobility is involved. then holy shock and flash of light. Note that when we need mana our healing drops by 20% across the board for 15 seconds. If we're really desperate and use divine plea without avenging wrath, it drops by 50%. We do have to judge every minute to maintain our 15% haste buff, keep sacred shield and Beacon of Light up, and use various hand spells, if those count as a rotation.
    Your math is severely wrong concerning Avenging Wrath + Divine Plea, I do believe.

So far I've been doing pretty good with mana in Ulduar, with the exception of General Vezax of course. On him I'm the last healer to go for mana so i guess we're alright. My experience is limited to full 10 man and 7 Ulduar (25) bosses. Replenishment is definitely a must though.

In 25s I love MT healing with a disc priest. I can just beacon the tank and raid heal half the time - they make it so easy. In ten mans i can two heal most fights with a druid so i guess they compliment us pretty well. Holy priests are nice too, though they seem to have mana issues (the ones I run with anyway). I don't have a good shaman to heal with so am not sure about them.

Your math is severely wrong concerning Avenging Wrath + Divine Plea, I do believe.
    Gah you're right, I meant 30% reduction. My mistake.

What's up with the shit FoL spammers in this thread? Are you still in naxx10?

No offense really but I just don't see how you can properly heal anyone in ulduar like that.

As for the op

1. In ulduar my average is roughly 4-5k. On some gimp bosses like Freya and General it will of course be lower while it'll be skyhigh on fights like Kologarn.

2/3. HL more than anything. During a boss fight (Other than General) I'll cast MAX 10 flash of lights, and that's because of a HS crit.

HL has a very wide range , crits from 15 up to 22k for me. 1.4 cast speed
    FoL's proper shit but it crits for around 6-7k. Im guessing 1-1.1 cast time but I only throw them instant
    HS crit is roughly 8k ~

4. I'd go int>crit>haste>sp but this will never happen in reality so i'll have to go with sp>crit>haste>int which is the ideal weapon right now , that is , no mp5.

Yes because that's clearly me sucking and not having to do anything with FoL not healing enough.

But hey it's OK if the other healers carry you through ulduar. HF healing ignis , mimiron , hodir and general.