New to PVP, Holy Paladin

Hello MMO-Champ Community,

Please be gentle with me

I have been gathering PVP gear here and there and have about 600 Resil. I chose a spec that i think is more based for survivability but still is effective at healing. Here is the spec i choose: http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?pala...1&version=9855

I mainly want to know if there is any web sites like www.retpaladin.com but for Holy pally's and is mostly PVP orientated?

Re: New to PVP, Holy Paladin

Your spec is ends up trying to be two different things and doesn't quite make it at either. Also i would pick different glyphs cept for imp holy shock. Salvation is a must and instant turn evil is insanely good vs lock and dk teams.

I would either go with mainly holy as a 2s or 5s spec.

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?pala...&version=9855#

If you don't want to be holy for 3s this is a good alternative that i have found a couple teams running. The teams we faced using it usually had a rogue and a dk on it. You wear holy gear and its really about not dieing and using avengers shield to silence/ slow at least most of there team. Basiclly you just spam flash and sacred sheild to keep your target up. The rogue and dk have enough cc/peel and burst and should be tough enough and able to use there cooldowns to allow you to nuke people down and allow them to live. Not sure how good it works on teams above 2300 tho.

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?pala...&version=9855#

I run 3v3 with a DK and a S Priest. We have only done arena for two weeks now doing just basically the minimum required to get points, and are actually doing quite well. I have zero survivability issues, and never usually have any problems keeping my team alive except when we face CC heavy teams.

I love my spec and actually don't miss Beacon of Light as much as i thought i would. As a human pally i feel like CC can be a bit overwhelming at times, but playing smart and using abilities wisely can overcome the CC in time. But having said that, we do lose arena matches, and i feel it is because i am unable to break the CC in order to fulfill my duty as healer. Is it my spec that is making me feel overwhelmed by the CC or is it experience?

I guess my new question is how do other Pally healers handle the mark on their head? Because we all know that we are usually the first target in arena when the opposing team sees that we are holy.

If you are a human paladin and has a 2minute cooldown pvp trinket and still have CC problems, you really need to learn how to LOS classes that can CC you.

Hand of Freedom + sacred shield and run out of LOS as soon as you can, if there is a mage/priest targeting you.

Quote Originally Posted by Genetz
    I guess my new question is how do other Pally healers handle the mark on their head? Because we all know that we are usually the first target in arena when the opposing team sees that we are holy.
    The point of going prot is not only for survivability its for the cc that comes with it. Having a slowing/silence ability that may there whole team is great for letting you get away or free cast. Also going full prot gives you a 20 sec hammer of justice. This mean you can survive getting focused becasue you have bubble/ aura mastery to make up for your lack of healing. All your spec does is give you a little crit and holy shock which really isn't worth it if you don't have infusion of light. You also don't have holy guidance and lights grace so your healing abilities are servery diminished while you have the survivability you don't have the control that you need. Aura mastery is a must.

And cc is the way of life in arenas you have to use your trinket wisely. If you were holy and had 40 yard judges you use Seal of the martyr to counter sheeps and the like. You can also use sacrifices to counter sheeps and blinds.

Ok, these are all great tricks that i have been playing around with, i am a big fan of casting Hand of Sacrifice on the S Priest and w/ in that 10 seconds someone tries to CC me and it breaks! so yes there are a lot of little tricks to help with the seemingly overwhelming amount of CC.

Thanks for your help guys, i think the more play time i get in the arenas the better i will become... well i hope lol