Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Traumatized by elevators

Elevators in wow suck.

I was going to help a buddy in Gnomer on my hunter alt, as i was riding the elevator i noticed my pet disappeared, sooo wtf where did my pet go?!!?, I use beast vision and as I'm going fro a ride again i see him fall through the edge of the wall... then i get dced, fair enough i guess, i did just see through the walls. I get back in and find myself dead on the elevator... then it DCs me again, and i find myself dead on the ground on top of another dead dwarf that looks suspiciously similar and my pets corpse......

I love you too blizz , but seriously the one farther on in gnomer on the back room actually jettisoned me off of it and i died from fall damage, ive also fallen through the TK needles, UC, TB, and SSC elevators, and pretty much every other damn elevator in wow.

Does anyone else have trouble with these damn things and/or does anyone know the reason for the fail?

Re: Traumatized by elevators

It has been rumored that the UC Elevators have killed more people that Chuck Norris and Saurfang combined. The best part, I just did the Battle for Undercity for the first time and as I was going toward the elevators (before I knew they were gone) I envisioned Sylvanas, Thrall, and I falling to our deaths.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

im an elevator victim myself i dont even get the FP in warsong hold till i can fly to the top
    World of Warcraft has just as much right and responsibility to create new lore just as the old Warcraft games and books did.

Fucking deal with it.

15+ Year Old Account

SSC o.o

We had more deaths on that elevator than Vashj herself.

I was proud of representing the Aldor just because it meant I could display my "I've Died on this Elevator 1000 times and still loyal to the cause" Badge :P

Damn you Blizz and the secret money sink, just so I can get into Nagrand!

I've been a vitcim myself like A MILLION TIMES . i must ahve fallen almost everywhere possible . Thousand needles , uc , even TB , aldor . I dont know if im just clumsy or if it was bad luck lol :P

Been playing Horde for years but never managed to die in the UC elevator.

However, last night on Kologarn I epicfailed and ran off his ledge to my death. Priests, kindly don't bubble sprint when I'm repositioning near ledges. >

Quote Originally Posted by seam
    SSC o.o

We had more deaths on that elevator than Vashj herself.

Forget C'thun, Arthas, and Illidan, and Kil'Jaden.

Toughest bosses in the game:
    3: Pipe boss in naxx.
    2: Frogger.
    1: SSC elevator.

The pipe, theres usually only one or 2 mishaps. Frogger, after a while people figure it out.
    The SSC elevator however is an anomaly. Even now, people still plummet to their deaths. Then get rezzed on the elevator and die again.
    ....always someone who thinks they can time their bubble just right. they never learn.

To the OP: stay on the ground floor in real life. i see a pattern, and i fear for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Abolishment
    Eclipsicolossamegatonational? There. I've captured the essence of your penis in one, perfect, 28-letter word.

I had always wondered about the UC elevators. They never gave me much trouble. Then one day...

I just happen to run my main onto the elevator while it was in the up position and WoW locked up. Now it wasn't an error, because the server just kicked me (WoW didn't crash). Figured "oh I just happened to be on the elevator when it happened. It has nothing to do with that." So I log back in. Get d/c'd instantly right away again. This happens about 3 more times before I log in on an alt to see if I can. My alts are fine, and I can't seem to make sense of this.

I then decide to shout in trade about how my main is screwed because I'm stuck in server limbo on the stupid UC elevator. Many ppl say many things. None of any use. So I just decide to cut off all my addons and try one more time.

BINGO! (yes I just said bingo very loudly) It worked. Although I didn't die on the elevator, it was still a bitch to deal with. Just letting ppl know that if it happens to you, you can try this and it just might fix ya. Pz all.
    With a shape like that, and a cape like that, cc better cc me. Cuz them dots just keep on rollin, and you know red equals dead. So let them casters cast, cuz haste makes us too fast. And I ride out in Mimiron's Head.

Elemental shaman in Thunderbluff is the number one major wipe cause of alliance raid
    All of Time and Space, Everything that has happened or will happened, Where do you want to start?

"If you ever see a rogue, either rogue is overgear or the rogue has problems"

should have been a pally and bubbled the light would save you
    no im not always gonna put in a lot of thought when i post
    and not all my posts are serious/true

The trick on the UC elevator is when you auto-run into the wall. You'll get caught on something or be standing on the ledge of the (upper) doorway, and next thing you know you're unhooked and falling to your doom.

A friend and I did the battle for the UC last weekend and got lucky finding the event >50% done already (event can run a bit long). We run and drop down the cycloned elevator shafts. I float down and land softly, my friend (fat warrior cow) plummets to hear death. Oops?

Once I got Glyph of Slow Fall on my mage I finally bound a key to dismount (from flying mounts) and cast slowfall. But then I got dual spec and dont have SlowFall on my frost pvp spec. But the macro still dismounts me from flight, of course. No light feathers in bag, so I fall Wile-E-Coyote style off dalaran.

I always pick Scryer tier for the same reason. Too often you run to catch the elevator and it drops down right when you get there. And conveniently it drops faster than players fall, so you can't "catch" it either.

I don't have Blast Wave in any mage specs, but that dismount->blastwave knocks people off flying mounts. Found it out the hard way when a shaman thunderstormed me off mine. Still not sure how (or if) he lived through it himself...

15+ Year Old Account

i have NEVER EVER fallen trough a elevator, tho i have falled down
    Your greed, your foolishness has brought you to this end.

- Prince Malchezaar

SSC Elevator was probably the hardest boss pre SWP.

Aldor Elevator Victims-guild on my server
    Yes you are still the worst moderator on these forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by mistuhbull View Post
    So unless you have a source besides your rectum, we'd appreciate if you didn't spread misinformation

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyb
    Once I got Glyph of Slow Fall on my mage I finally bound a key to dismount (from flying mounts) and cast slowfall. But then I got dual spec and dont have SlowFall on my frost pvp spec. But the macro still dismounts me from flight, of course. No light feathers in bag, so I fall Wile-E-Coyote style off dalaran.
    I had the same problem with Rebirth glyph on my offspec, got called as kitty and in the middle of the fight "CR xxx" ... "sorry, no reagents" I was ashamed

Anyway as a mage you still have the "blink before ground" thing to save you.

For me the most deadliest elevator so far was UC one, because of the strange thing that can catch you if you're near the walls

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyb

I don't have Blast Wave in any mage specs, but that dismount->blastwave knocks people off flying mounts. Found it out the hard way when a shaman thunderstormed me off mine. Still not sure how (or if) he lived through it himself...
    same way i did, get a parachute cloak or something with parachute effect
    All of Time and Space, Everything that has happened or will happened, Where do you want to start?

"If you ever see a rogue, either rogue is overgear or the rogue has problems"

Only elevators that have ever killed me were the Aldor and Scryers elevators, and that was due to lag or my own stupidity. Never had a problem with any elevator glitches...lucky me.

Also never died to frogger or pipe boss, I'm just that 1337
    If you don't like it, go on the internet and complain.

Was running gnomer on my paladin today... (yes, an ACTUAL group, ZOMG)

And the hunter dies on the elevator from fall damage (go figure), but oddly, his corpse is going up and down with said elevator... so I get on the elevator and res him... he accepts as the elevator is traveling up... And he spawns BELOW said elevator, and falls to yet another death.

Got quite a chuckle out of my group.

i've played this game a year and a half and i've never died on an elevator, don't know whats up with you guys lol.