Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Soloing old world raids

So I've been rather bored recently (schedule change prevents me from raiding with my guild) so I decided to try soloing old world raids. I'm an unholy dk tank with T7.25 gear btw. So far in the last 2 days I've killed 2 bosses in ZG, 3 in AQ20 including Ossirian, and 2 in kara. I was just wondering if anyone has tried soloing old raids and could give me tips on which bosses I should avoid and which bosses might be possible to solo given my current gear. Thanks.

Deleted

Re: Soloing old world raids

You can solo all of kara, im pretty sure all classes can solo most of it in 7.5 gear. I know for a fact DKs can solo it all, maybe that was before the healing nerfs.

Afaik you can 1-2 man AQ20 apart from the last boss (he hits to damn hard to stay alive)

BWL is really a 3 man job, 5 man for the last bosses.

ZG u should be able to solo 60%, a few of the bosses have abilities that you cant do on your own.

MC - Im not sure, at 70 I heard somewhere that 3 was the minimum you can do them because of the abilties they do. Not sure if this is different at 80, because the abilities wouldnt change that much againts higher level targets, i think its more of a setup thing.

Onyxia should be easy for you

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account

ony is a joke umm im sure u could solo at least a couple of the bosses in MC i duoed all but rag and the one before him on my DK in blues

On my 80 pally (almost all epics atm) and i just recently solo'd the first 3 bosses in kara (got big bad in opera which is next to impossible to solo cause of the little red debuff) and if DKs are as good as soloing as pallys are then u can probably solo most of ZG (the one high priest with the tigers would be frustrating cause of the rez on the adds if they dont die together).

a couple bosses in AQ40 might be easy for you.

Quote Originally Posted by clampy
    You can solo all of kara, im pretty sure all classes can solo most of it in 7.5 gear. I know for a fact DKs can solo it all, maybe that was before the healing nerfs.

Afaik you can 1-2 man AQ20 apart from the last boss (he hits to damn hard to stay alive)

ZG u should be able to solo 60%, a few of the bosses have abilities that you cant do on your own.

MC - Im not sure, at 70 I heard somewhere that 3 was the minimum you can do them because of the abilties they do. Not sure if this is different at 80, because the abilities wouldnt change that much againts higher level targets, i think its more of a setup thing.

You are stupid to think that any t7.5 class could solo all of kara. The only classes that would solo anything are Druids, Warriors, Death Knights, Shaman, paladins and hunters. You couldn't solo Curator, likely shade of Aran, and especially Netherspite. He will NEVER be soloable. I imagine for some Prince would be tough, but I know a DK easily solo'd it within weeks of the Expansion coming out.

Deleted

Vael is probably not able to be done with 3. He has 3,000,000 HP and the first aggro target will get BA very soon, in addition to the random targetted BA.

Quote Originally Posted by Blutelf
    Vael is probably not able to be done with 3. He has 3,000,000 HP and the first aggro target will get BA very soon, in addition to the random targetted BA.
    vael only has 1 million health he starts at 30%

and probably cant be done unless you have amazing DPS

also as a prot pala, ive solod most of MC atm stuck on Harbinger

i keep soloing tiger and raptor in ZG

ive also solod 1st boss in AQ40 and most of AQ20

done ony obviously

gonna try kara soon and hopefully finish off MC

Hey there, long time reader, 1st time poster.

As a prot warrior i've soloed: snake, bat, tiger, panther, spider, Jin'do, & Hakkar in ZG,
    Kurinnaxx, General Rajaxx, Moam, & Ossirian in AQ20,
    Garr in MC.

Cannot do Ony, but have not tried since the enraged regeneration glyph was brought out, may help.

Haven't tried any of Kara yet.

The only old-school boss i continually solo is the tiger boss in ZG, in the hopes he will drop the mount.
    (Raptor boss i havent solod yet, but with a 2nd person (dps or heals) he is cake.)

15+ Year Old Account

fyi the last boss only hits to hard if your doing it wrong.

Here goes my list as a druid neways

Ony - been doing it since T6/sunwell gear level at lvl 70

ZG - Generally easy. Blood lord is harder than Hakkar lol

AQ20 - All but Ayamiss (stupid flying wasp)

MC - Lucifron, Magmadar, Gaar. Will attempt the others at some point in time

Kara - Attunmen, Moroes, Maiden . Like MC i will attempt the others at some point in time

havent tried any others but with the recent changes to feral druids i can see myself killing alot more of the old 40man bosses

You should kite it and destroy the crystals.

Quote Originally Posted by Parshathh
    vael only has 1 million health he starts at 30%

and probably cant be done unless you have amazing DPS

also as a prot pala, ive solod most of MC atm stuck on Harbinger

i keep soloing tiger and raptor in ZG

ive also solod 1st boss in AQ40 and most of AQ20

done ony obviously

gonna try kara soon and hopefully finish off MC
    Mount farm is kool, but thekal silence, its add healing and bloodlord trash (in its room) are a pain for me in my pally.

Quote Originally Posted by Alski
    fyi the last boss only hits to hard if your doing it wrong.

Here goes my list as a druid neways

Ony - been doing it since T6/sunwell gear level at lvl 70

ZG - Generally easy. Blood lord is harder than Hakkar lol

AQ20 - All but Ayamiss (stupid flying wasp)

MC - Lucifron, Magmadar, Gaar. Will attempt the others at some point in time

Kara - Attunmen, Moroes, Maiden . Like MC i will attempt the others at some point in time

havent tried any others but with the recent changes to feral druids i can see myself killing alot more of the old 40man bosses

This is my list to the letter except AQ20 (Will try that tonight, never thought about it before) on my pally, Geared to the teeth Prot but specced Retribution makes for easy soloing.

As a really well geared ret/prot pally probably the hardest boss ive solo'd is rag, its possible with decent fire resist and an old dbm type mod that shows how often he uses his knockback.
    Ive done all of MC except Gehennas, Harbinger is possible but will take upwards of 30/40 minutes because you need to wait until all his adds are oom before you can kill them, just outheal their petty damage until then.

I know Nefarian has been solo'd by a prot pally w/ cape ofc
    Lashlayer in BWL is a joke to solo if you can position yourself right beside the door behind him to avoid the aura and knockback, probably easier then onyxia (and still drops 200g)

ZG and AQ20 are both really easy (With exception of bee in aq20)

Quote Originally Posted by jarrodnb
    As a really well geared ret/prot pally probably the hardest boss ive solo'd is rag, its possible with decent fire resist and an old dbm type mod that shows how often he uses his knockback.
    Ive done all of MC except Gehennas, Harbinger is possible but will take upwards of 30/40 minutes because you need to wait until all his adds are oom before you can kill them, just outheal their petty damage until then.
    So I'm guessing that wasn't all in the same run, considering it takes 7 people with revered reputation with Hydraxian Waterlords to even summon Ragnaros (and one of the seals to be doused is in Gehennas area, if memory serves), and then after dousing all the seals to summon Ragnaros...for the other 6 players to kindly step aside while you try to solo (given Ragnaros is the only reason to visit MC, period) seems highly unlikely.

Of course this could just be me being jealous considering I'd love to attempt a solo against Rag for old times sake.

Quote Originally Posted by Anononon
    So I'm guessing that wasn't all in the same run, considering it takes 7 people with revered reputation with Hydraxian Waterlords to even summon Ragnaros (and one of the seals to be doused is in Gehennas area, if memory serves), and then after dousing all the seals to summon Ragnaros...for the other 6 players to kindly step aside while you try to solo (given Ragnaros is the only reason to visit MC, period) seems highly unlikely.

Of course this could just be me being jealous considering I'd love to attempt a solo against Rag for old times sake.
    All this has been changed, no need to douse the seals, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Totschlager
    So I've been rather bored recently (schedule change prevents me from raiding with my guild) so I decided to try soloing old world raids. I'm an unholy dk tank with T7.25 gear btw. So far in the last 2 days I've killed 2 bosses in ZG, 3 in AQ20 including Ossirian, and 2 in kara. I was just wondering if anyone has tried soloing old raids and could give me tips on which bosses I should avoid and which bosses might be possible to solo given my current gear. Thanks.
    You can't solo everything, some bosses require at least 3 people just for mechanics.

Anyway, I 2 manned all of ZG except for Hakkar, but damn was he annoying.. He kept resetting since there were two of us and he was mind controlling :l

Quote Originally Posted by 2opacity
    All this has been changed, no need to douse the seals, etc.
    When? and if you don't mind linking the patch notes, that'd be fantastic. I don't knock you for mentioning that, but my buddy did an MC run with 6-7 of his guildies 1 week after hitting level 80 (being a month or so after Wrath Release) and said they couldnt do rag because he was the only one with the Quintessence and it still had a 2 hour cooldown. If what you say is true, Rag goes down by me tonight

My list,

onyxia (nuff said)

MC -lucifron and magmadar Gehenas. all 3 of these took a lot of wipes =[

azuregos

ZG- spider snake bat bloodlord tiger panther

AQ 20 - not attempted as yet.

Karazan, got as far as attumen and died as he hits hard, how ever 3man'd the place with holy paladin and a warlock for fun (chess was rather cool! 3man)

heroic magister terrace, all bosses down (the arena boss is actually easy)

will try other level 70heroics as well to see how fun it is

Thanks for the replies guys. I've heard multiple things about Hakkar. It's noted on wowwiki that he has been soloed by dks, druids, and a pallies but at the same time I've heard people say that his mind control will reset the encounter. Is there a way to stop it from resetting, or are people lying about soloing him?

Quote Originally Posted by Totschlager
    Thanks for the replies guys. I've heard multiple things about Hakkar. It's noted on wowwiki that he has been soloed by dks, druids, and a pallies but at the same time I've heard people say that his mind control will reset the encounter. Is there a way to stop it from resetting, or are people lying about soloing him?
    indeed, he uses MC, that' why I failed to kill him as a hunter- he just kept MCing my pet. But as a dk it was fairly easy to kill him and almost all other bosses despite my blue gear: Hakkar doesn't mc if you're alone, so just don't use pets and keep your dps above ~1400 or he'll enrage

Hakkar, like the baroness in Strat, doesn't do MC against single targets. Even if there are other people there you won't see MC as long as they're just watching and don't get on the threat table.