Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Question about Ulduar build.

Quote Originally Posted by AetherMcLoud
    Flashheal glyph is a must for pve, both for holy and disc.
    While I agree greatly with everything else that you wrote, I'm taking a step back with this one for Holy, preferring to run with Circle of Healing, Guardian Spirit, and Renew, although Renew will probably take a step back when I can find some points for Lightwell.
    I've gone back to the conservative approach with my mana, switching from primarily Flash Spam to a rough mix between Flash Heal and 1-2 Serendipity+Greater Heal (when Prayer isn't necessary), or just stopcasting without Flash.

Learning the fact that 3/4 of your spells are no longer "free" (go go overpowered Improved Holy Concentration stacking with SoL), pushing for better usage of that blue bar makes me think that glyph of Flash Heal promoting the spam doesn't really do us justice.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Quote Originally Posted by Dujith
    ? Healing focus doesnt prevent interupting. It reduces the knockback effect.
    So you wont have to run that far back.
    Think healing focus wasnt about interupting casting since 3.0.
    Knockback is what I meant. Whatever the case, you get interrupted while casting. I used intterrupting, not interrupt as in flame jets or similar mechanic. But the point is obvious - there's ton of aoe damage, hence cast time is increased - hence healing focus.

Improved Healing is no no no. You're also sacrificing 9% more healing to go this it seems, Baadd choice.

Healing Focus (especially as Disc) is no no no too. The changes to push back make it ehh.

If you're going to go Disc and you want Spell Warding drop Divine Fury, that's all you can do really.

I don't get why Discipline priests cling to Imp Renew still. Not worth the 3 points for the amount you'll cast it (or should be casting it, almost never).

EX - <PIE CHART> US TOP 10 Check 'em out http://piechart-guild.com/

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by G l o w y r m
    Healing Focus (especially as Disc) is no no no too. The changes to knock back make it ehh.
    Its still better than renew. :x

Quote Originally Posted by Dujith
    Nice addition to the thread ;D
    You could be a tad more specific.

Which one else?
    These seem to do the job good, specialy the shield and dispell one.. and i dispell alot

As for the pushback, i will try that out too. Never realy understood the tooltip that clearly.
    Something must be bugged, I apologize, but it shows for your build when I click link Glyph of SW:P and Guardian Spirit, neither of which you have the spells to make those useful. The others are meh, but at least still usable.

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?prie...0&version=9868

That's my build.

Losing cast time on heals when there is alot of aoe during boss fights is always awesome, and desperate prayer is always useful when you want a 8k heals (when it crit) without the need to cast.

Gearscore: A new way to see who fail at their class. 'Cause itemization is too hard... You need d/n-umbers.

Well, we downed Mimiron today and i must say that i prefer the spell dmg reduction.
    This will be my build for now.
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-ta...n=The+Nephilim

Btw, General Vexan.... 2 tries for today... gone is my mana regen.. /cry ;D

Quote Originally Posted by G l o w y r m

Healing Focus (especially as Disc) is no no no too. The changes to push back make it ehh.
    This is really bad advice, there is tons of AoE and incidental damage in Uld and allowing your Flash heal to gain an extra 1 second cast time (adding almost 100%) is just bad play... for 2 talent points you reduce that to 0.3 + conc aura you illiminate pushback completely... its a no brainer.

And any disc priest that knows what they're doing never casts Gheal meaning you never need divine fury, ever.

Wait, you did Mimiron and yet you didn't think Healing Focus would be good for phase 2, and you went for Spell Warding?

:ave

Quote Originally Posted by syanid
    Wait, you did Mimiron and yet you didn't think Healing Focus would be good for phase 2, and you went for Spell Warding?

:ave
    Dots dont shorten my spellcast. And the shooting doesnt happen that much when you just stand still.
    And for p2 i'm using shields, POM, and prayer of healing when its needed.
    Basically my task is to pick low targets and burst heal em. Holy priests, Resto Shamans are there for most of the raid healing.

Besides, i'm on fire during p3 and p4 healing the warlock tank ;D

This is the spec that id choose for disc:

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#bVIbu...fRtfxzc:fAbz0c

it has pretty much everything that you will need. I am pretty much just a healer (main spec holy for AOE heals and off spec disc for tank heals) so i like to think i know what im doing (im also pretty arrogant >.>).

P.S. Desperate prayer means that you dont have to spend 1.5 seconds healing yourself (nor do other healers) so if your in a raid group with alot of shamans and holy priests it wont be necessary, but i likes it neway.

2 questions about that specc.

Why do you have Reflective Shield? As a healer that doesnt make sense.
    And Silent Resolve. I have yet to be in a fight where i got agro from healing which wasnt caused by the tanks not paying attention. (sarth3d is a good tank tard check ;D)

Quote Originally Posted by ggeek

it has pretty much everything that you will need. I am pretty much just a healer (main spec holy for AOE heals and off spec disc for tank heals) so i like to think i know what im doing (im also pretty arrogant >.>).

P.S. Desperate prayer means that you dont have to spend 1.5 seconds healing yourself (nor do other healers) so if your in a raid group with alot of shamans and holy priests it wont be necessary, but i likes it neway.
    What's the reason you didn't take Focused Will and Focused Power. You say you know what you're doing but let's recap:

- you don't have +3% crit from Focused Will. Something that Disc relies on.
    - you don't have Focused Power - you just lost 4% on healing.

Instead, you have Silent Resolve (pro) and Reflective Shield (even more pro).

So how do you know what you're doing if you're not even using the most out of the talents you have available? Seriously, I'm wondering what the hell were you thinking when you posted a spec that uses 2 useless talents and leaves out 2 of the superuseful ones.

Quote Originally Posted by ggeek

Agree with above, this is a very bad spec.

Focused Will and Grace
    Is this a reference to that TV show?

15+ Year Old Account

Grace: You know what my Aunt Pescha would say if she were in this room right now?
    Focused Will: "Why the hell did my parents name me Pescha"?
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

Granted, our first 2 Mimiron attempts we did tonight didn't get past P1, and we ran out of time and called the raid, but I don't think the AoE damage in P2 is DoT... it's just pulse damage that happens regularly. Which means it does cause spell pushback. Which means Healing Focus does mitigate it.

And I'm weird, I still leave 3 points in Divine Fury... my 10 man tends to run with 3 healers. Great on Ignis and other fights that require lots of healing, but on the odd times that healing is well under control and I have mana a-plenty, I start tossing Holy Fires and Smites. Guess you can't ever really take the DPS out of the SPriest. ;P

But honestly, it would likely make a lot more sense to run 2/2 Healing Focus, 5/5 Holy Spec, and 3/5 Spell Warding as a PvE healer.

Talking about http://wowhead.com/?spell=64533 in P2. Its 1 time instant damage. The rest of the 15k is an Dot. As for the Rapid Burst thats easily healable if ppl just dont move ;D

Point for me is that in p2 i'm using almost all my instants to heal.
    PW:S, Renew, POM. Droods are rolling hots too, and Holy priests are doing their stuff.
    This phase is alot about the placement of healers and their ability to spam heal ;D

Fun fight btw. Think this is my new fav over Lady Vash.

You know, Disc priest can use PoH without any problems in Mimiron P2, and it's a powerful one combined with Aegis.

Quote Originally Posted by syanid
    You know, Disc priest can use PoH without any problems in Mimiron P2, and it's a powerful one combined with Aegis.
    I do ;D wa alking about my instant heals, ussualy pop my cd for an almost certain crit chance. Did i already mention i love this fight?