Disc Priest buff tracker

Hey all,

Since a few days I'm trying to raid in disc spec but I find I struggle to keep track of the buffs to keep them up (Renewed Hope, Grace..)

Any idea for an add-on? I tried using Nugrunning and ClassTimer now but both are not working as I hoped.. Nugrunning gives Renewed Hope 25 times on a self added timer () and ClassTimer only shows Grace when I actually target my tank ()

Thanks for input

Re: Disc Priest buff tracker

DoTimer can be set to keep track of all of your buffs on all targets, and then you can simply click the ones you want to ignore like Fortitude and Divine Spirit.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

15+ Year Old Account

I am using Grid and you can actually make it show when your targets need buffs. I my case Mark of the Wild. There appears a blue icon in one of the cornors informing it. You might be able to let it show when they need any of your buffs too. The icon only appears if they need a buff.

You can also set Power Auras to take care of tracking Renewed Hope. I have it set so that a white circle circle shows up around me if Renewed Hope is not up when I am in combat and in a raid. You likely can do the same with Grace and any other buffs you always want to keep up.

I'd say, use the ingame timer to run from 20 seconds to zero everytime you cast PW:Shield.

The thing with Grace is that it's on 1 target only, but there should be a tracker availlable to track that. I know Grid can show your Grace, like a dot in the corner of the player's box.

Quote Originally Posted by Nesco
    I'd say, use the ingame timer to run from 20 seconds to zero everytime you cast PW:Shield.
    Would that make the timer reset whenever you cast the spell on another person before the 20 seconds is up, or would it make a new timer for every player? Because if it reset it is pretty useless, unless you only cast PW:S on the tank and nobody else.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon
    Would that make the timer reset whenever you cast the spell on another person before the 20 seconds is up, or would it make a new timer for every player? Because if it reset it is pretty useless, unless you only cast PW:S on the tank and nobody else.
    the command "/sw 20" followed by "/sw play" will let the timer run down from 20 seconds to 0. Spamming it, will keep the timer on 20 seconds. When you spam PW:Shield, you keep rebuffing Renewed Hope with a duration of 20 seconds on every player in a 40 yards radius.

So this is exactly what you want since both timers are exactly the same and almost in sync.

#showtooltip Power Word: Shield
    /cast Power Word: Shield
    /sw 20
    /sw play

15+ Year Old Account

if you are disc then you should always have a shield up at least once every 20 seconds. if not then you are playing disc wrong and need to go spec holy.

as far as tracking grace, just keep it to classtimers. you shouldnt be healing more than 1-2 tanks ever and grace should be easy to keep up on them between penance and flash heal. if you are trynig to keep grace up on something besides a tank then you are doing something wrong.

if you have pitbull unit frames you can make a text event on your frame for when you have renewed hope (i.e. Renewed Hope will appear in the center of your unit frame. i have that w/ inner fire so i remember to have it up)
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by llDemonll
    if you are disc then you should always have a shield up at least once every 20 seconds. if not then you are playing disc wrong and need to go spec holy.
    Indeed. With shield having a quasi cooldown of 15 seconds and renewed hope having a duration of 20 seconds I would assume such an addon is redundant.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

PW:S is on global cooldown, and Weakened Soul is only 15 seconds. You should never not have Renewed Hope up.

Grace can only apply to 1 player at a time. You're casting heals on the tank. Thus, he will have Grace. If you cast a heal on anyone else, you'll just have to Penance the tank to get Grace back on him.

I really, really don't see why this is complicated enough to require a timer or add-on. And the problem with the macro is that, unless I'm mistaken, as soon as you hit that button, the timer will reset, even if the spell doesn't go off (ie casting at a target with Weakened Soul). But once again, moot point, keep shielding the tank when you can, and toss spot shields to help your other healers.

Quote Originally Posted by Mosshorn
    And the problem with the macro is that, unless I'm mistaken, as soon as you hit that button, the timer will reset, even if the spell doesn't go off (ie casting at a target with Weakened Soul).
    No one's perfect.

The macro works and for whatever reason the OP wants it, there it is. If you want, you could add that the timer only starts after a successful cast. Good luck! I don't believe it's possible at all, unless you make an add-on only for that. But I think the OP got it backwards, grace is on 1 target and Renewed Hope on all friendly target in 40 yards range. And Renewed Hope should be on at all times. But then you need to know if it's 40 yards of the shielded target or 40 yards of the disc priest casting PW:Shield. I can think of situations that you shield a lot but with loads of time between the massive PW:Shield spams. Then the tank could be out of range of the shielded ranged players, but not OOR of you. But does it work that way? Also, 1 ranged would most likely be close to the tank so again it shouldn't matter if the 40 yards range is on the newly shielded target.

Besides that, the tank should get a shield every 17 seconds anyway (preferably 15, but who can do that? spamming shield while not healing at all?).

Quote Originally Posted by Mosshorn
    keep shielding the tank when you can, and toss spot shields to help your other healers.
    This is true. Saves mana, but it's more fun to just randomly shield players isn't it? Thing is, a disc priest saves lives.

Quote Originally Posted by iLive
    I am using Grid and you can actually make it show when your targets need buffs. I my case Mark of the Wild. There appears a blue icon in one of the corners informing it. You might be able to let it show when they need any of your buffs too. The icon only appears if they need a buff.
    To the op:
    Grid is a great addon, and fine to use but takes a little more setup. I prefer Healbot as another option. Instead of a "dot" on the target's bar which you have to setup with grid, Healbot you see the grace icon. Also the pw:s icon and any other combat casting buffs you have on the target (meaning doesn't show pw:f and spirit buff icons, those are shown by coloring the targets health bars) Also "+" on the pw:s icon to signal the weakened soul debuff (which is also the Renewed Hope buff time). While grid and clique can be customized to do the same things as healbot i find it easier, and more user friendly, to let one addon do it w/o the extra work. Also healbot can cast buffs on the target, res, use macros/mouse over macros and automatically debuff targets with one click. One last thing i prefer about it is that you can set up multiple profiles. I have three different setups one for 5 mans with larger health bars and mana bars that i use in place of character frames, and two smaller sized versions for 10/25 man raids.

(Note: At its infancy Healbot was really bad and scared away a ton of users but has since received much needed work.)