Page 1 of 2
LastLast

How about a cross-faction "hero" race?

Been thinking about this a while... seems people on both Horde and Alliance side have been asking for a new race like the Pandaren to become playable. Problem is, it's difficult to place them, lore-wise, in one faction or the other, and it would just annoy the side that couldn't have them unless something very similar was introduced to the other (Furbolgs perhaps?).

But Blizz have shown they can get around lore issues with the DK starting chain, which frees your DK character from the control of the Lich King and you rejoin your race and faction.

So how about a hero race? Say it's the Pandaren - you start out with a phased/pseudo-instanced starting zone like the Death Knights, but you're neither Horde nor Alliance. As the quest chain progresses, you finally leave your starting zone, and you can chose your alligiance.

The disadvantage here is that you can't join a guild immediately, until you've completed the starting zone and chosen your faction.

But given that the Pandaren are reclusive and neutral, this isolation you experience at the beginning can just be woven in to the storyline.

Thoughts?

Basically if the Pandaren were introduced, they would instantly become my race of choice.

Re: How about a cross-faction "hero" race?

I would generally like the option of being neutral. But, since WoW players are such immature dickwads that Blizzard was forced to put in a language barrier just to reduce the amount of interfaction slander, it will sadly not happen anytime soon. Maybe when the playerbase drops to a half-million or so. Maybe then.
    Jaded and cynical bastard, plain and simple.

I like the idea of the language barrier between factions. but however i think that they should have a server type that allows inter-faction communication as well as the ability to have co-op dungeons and raids. i think that will help the struggling population servers find and assemble 5-25 man groups and i think it would be cool to one-up ur faction counterparts in dungeons
    - The Hunter's Creed -
    "This is my pet. There are many others like him, but this one is mine. He is my best friend. He is my life. I must master him as I master my life. My pet, without me, is useless. Without my pet, I am useless."

15+ Year Old Account

I like the idea of choosing Allegiance.

Only thing is we'd see a lot more Horde Pandaren because if you have a choice... c'mon now.

Quote Originally Posted by Eversor
    I would generally like the option of being neutral. But, since WoW players are such immature dickwads that Blizzard was forced to put in a language barrier just to reduce the amount of interfaction slander, it will sadly not happen anytime soon. Maybe when the playerbase drops to a half-million or so. Maybe then.

i think they added this because ....... orcs speak orcish .. Humans speak ... uhh ... Normal?(anyone?)

Quote Originally Posted by Omen321

i think they added this because ....... orcs speak orcish .. Humans speak ... uhh ... Normal?(anyone?)

Common.
    In mediocre MMOs, people complain about some classes.
    In good MMOS, no one complains about any classes.
    In the best MMOS, people complain about every class.

THE DARK FACTION
    Dragonspawn
    Dwarf, Dark Iron
    Murloc
    Naga
    Pandaren
    Quilboar
    Satyr
    Tuskarr

New Variant classes available only in The Dark Faction
    Aquatic Druid
    Druid of the Nightmare
    Dark Inscriber
    Martial Enchanter
    Mage : Arcane Alchemist
    Mage: Elementalist
    Rogue: Contender ??
    Lone Wolf Runemaster
    Hunter: Dungeoneer ??
    Aquatic Shaman
    Warlock:Shadowmage

PRESTIGE CLASSES
    Brewmaster
    Dragonsworn
    High Divinist
    Naga Anomaly
    Pandaren Transcendent
    Subversive

Maybe you will find answers in that novel.

i'm always amazed that people continuously bring up Pandaren as a potential race for WoW. Maybe when Blizzard says "never, NEVER, NEVER EVER WILL WE DO PANDAREN" for the 5,477th time, the community iwll understand.

Quote Originally Posted by baseball
    i'm always amazed that people continuously bring up Pandaren as a potential race for WoW. Maybe when Blizzard says "never, NEVER, NEVER EVER WILL WE DO PANDAREN" for the 5,477th time, the community iwll understand.
    Holy fuck, this is list taken from blizzard novel. Did i say anything about pandaren as a playable race. What is wrong with you?????? Send a mail to blizzard "Dear blizzard because you said, there wont be pandaren as a playable race, why did you put it to your novel??? I`m sick of jackass like you.

Martini

what if I say please?

They would be so darn CUTE!!!!!!!!

Get your facts straight.

All they've ever said is they have no plans at this time, and that was a while ago.

15+ Year Old Account

Goblin and Pandaren.

Before someone goes off the chain saying "GOBLINZ R NOOTRAL!"

Not really. neutral implies " hey man, we don't wanna get involved" If the Horde or alliance we're to pay them enough they'd say "i know we helped you guys out but.. i'm rich bitch /slap".

As far as pandaren they actually dont want to get involved. it'd be like America going to some tribe in Antarctica and saying "Hey we want you to help us fight our war". Although i can see how they get involved, their zone could have whichever faction depending on your choice kill or destroy someone or something important to them. i've seen Kung Fu panda you dont wanna piss them off.

Quote Originally Posted by Omen321

Common shouldn't be human-exclusive language, because it is... well... the common language of Azeroth. Everyone lorewise understands common. Not so in the game due to the extremely low maturity of WoW playerbase.

15+ Year Old Account

Pandaren were originally a April fools day joke. But the community loved them so much they kept them going. Now I think even on of the artist is in love with them (samwise).

it happens.

Panda is kinda Sawise's alter ego of sorts. And I mean, come on... who doesn't want to play a race that loves to get smashed and fight while being smashed?

the thing with pandaren was that blizzard wouldnt release them as it would not be allowed within china and thus not releasing content form a huge part of your playerbase is stupid, with with this new WoF thing china seem to be trying to doo it may become more pheasable.

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenrage
    the thing with pandaren was that blizzard wouldnt release them as it would not be allowed within china and thus not releasing content form a huge part of your playerbase is stupid, with with this new WoF thing china seem to be trying to doo it may become more pheasable.
    FOR THE LAST TIME IT WAS THE CLOTHES THAT CHINA HAD A PROBLEM WITH!!

Hopefully caps lock will help you understand.

Pandaren <3

This is interesting, you choose which faction you want to play when you complete your quests. I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenrage

You do know that wotlk havent been released in china yet...

I doubt that they will ever introduce something like this, though the idea seems fair enough. How about specialization? Talents are one thing, but what if a warrior can become Blademaster (orc/human) or a mountain king (dwarf)? Much more easier to implement than entire new classes. Just think of the variety