Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted

Re: Hardmode Hodir VANQUISHED lolz

Quote Originally Posted by Kepi
    they arent sexist, the main issue here is that good % of the girl pop in game suck at it, not saying every girl does suck but a majority of them do. There is a dim a dozen girls who actually are good at this game, like the girls in my guild are pretty pro at what they do. Their other problem with females in guild is a lot of guilds have had drama start up because of a girl in guild, maybe it wasnt intended but there has been huge drama and the main core of rht problem was a female raider.
    Ell oh ELL

I would say that some of the best players that I have come accross have been females. And a faily significant portion of the Male population are fucking rubbish at this game.

Fact is, Teen are such pent up balls of hormones, that they can't help but cause Drama when the hear a girls voice.

Quote Originally Posted by Kepi
    Their other problem with females in guild is a lot of guilds have had drama start up because of a girl in guild, maybe it wasnt intended but there has been huge drama and the main core of rht problem was a female raider.
    This probably got more to do with immature male players that starts playing one-handed when they hear a girl on vent. Not the female player herself.
    Somehow the argument, girls are bad players reminds me of the statement that girls can´t drive a car. Even though males in the early 20´s are the reason to majority of accidents.

The only problem I ever had with female players are when they are the GM´s girlfriend or soemthing so not really their faulth but again the reason to drama are a MALE.

However, if Vanquish choose to not allowe female players are totally up to them.
    If you want to make your own rules, start a guild.
    If you don´t like the rules of a guild, don´t apply.

And gratz on the kill

Quote Originally Posted by DepecheMode
    Somehow the argument, girls are bad players reminds me of the statement that girls can´t drive a car. Even though males in the early 20´s are the reason to majority of accidents.

heard somewhere that it's statistically proven that a female driver between the ages of 16 and 25 is more likely to kill you than a drug overdose.

didnt sound logical to me though.

I'm not sexist, but here are some broad generalizations about an entire gender!

Also, I'm not racist, but I don't like black people!

15+ Year Old Account

There are a lot of stupid boob flashing girls playing this game, dragging down the reputation for the few of us who actually know what the fuck we are doing and play this game on par with every other guy.
    Too bad you dont even try to see the difference.

Also agree on that the drama is mostly caused by the guys, not the girl herself unless ofcourse the IQ is below 50.

I atleast only wanna be treated same as everyone else, there is no difference from me to an average male player.

Grats to Vanquish on the kill, US representin' \m/

And for the sexist comments...

Just join a guild that DOES accept girls. It's one guild out of thousands, and I'm sure there's plenty of decent ones that'll loot train you just to hear you talk on vent.
    I'm your maker, not thy saviour.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Eel
    stupid boob flashing girls
    What is wrong with those now?
    Actually, we prefer "Ethically challenged" now.

Want to find a good girl raider? There is an easy test:

Does the girl regularly play videogames?

If they don't, it's more likely they won't have the background to adapt to the new environment that WoW brings. It's more likely that they'll tend towards drama as their focus won't truly being playing the game and being good at it. It's also more likely they'll see vent as a social call than a communication tool. And I'm not saying having a DS and playing Pokemon, I'm talking 120 hours in a Final Fantasy game without batting an eye.

Keep in mind, I say "MORE LIKELY".

My wife has been playing games as long as I have (20+ years) and logged 4 years and 300 days gametime in FFXI before coming over to the darkside. She's now one of the top dps in my semi-casual/semi-hardcore guild after only starting back in September. Not to mention she can heal like a champ (which she doesn't do anymore because she healed for said 4 years in FFXI). Also being my wife, it's less likely any drama would form because she's, you know, taken.

Whatever VANQUISH wants to do, more power to them. They have succeeded on an extreme level and if it isn't broke, why fix it. However, I don't get that a guild like theirs, that likely has an extremely thorough application process, would be unable to weed out all but the best female players around and be unable to sniff out a drama queen in the making.

hi

15+ Year Old Account

woman are notorious for being nothing but bad news for high end guilds, sure i guess there are a select few that are good and don't cause problems, but i cant say Ive ever met one.
    http://www.twitch.tv/cheezy_123
    14/14H SoO <Divinity>

Ressurection is kewl.
    This user has been banned.

There are a lot of stupid boob flashing girls playing this game, dragging down the reputation for the few of us who actually know what the fuck we are doing and play this game on par with every other guy.
    Too bad you dont even try to see the difference.

Also agree on that the drama is mostly caused by the guys, not the girl herself unless ofcourse the IQ is below 50.

I atleast only wanna be treated same as everyone else, there is no difference from me to an average male player.
    There are also a lot of pre-pubescent boys and mentally handicapped men playing, dragging down the overall opinion of the playerbase as a whole. It's just a demographic.

So they don't recruit women... are you in the guild? Were you ever at one point in the guild? Do you aspire to be in the guild? Do you have what it takes to be in the guild in the first place? Or are you simply making an argument just to make one. Maybe this thread and others like it are a perfect example of why they choose not to recruit women. Too defensive? Too easy to start a quarrel over something that probably doesn't even involve them? The women that are level-headed, intelligent, and good enough to perform on these levels just as well or better than 99.9% of the rest of the WoW population are the ones that ignore silly arguments like "sexist recruitment." Who CARES if they are 100% men, does that mean they aren't allowed to perform well? Does that mean they shouldn't be allowed to set records or compete with other guilds? Find another guild if you care that much. The women in guilds that are performing at similar levels to VANQUISH don't give a flying fuck about their recruitment policies, nor do they aspire to join one way or another. They progress on their own with their own damn guild and could care less.

If you would have actually read why VANQUISH don't accept women you wouldn't been crying so damn much (hint: it's not cause of the women themselves or their skills).

On another note, we had females in the guild up til a few weeks ago. We were stuck on Vezax for two resets. When we replaced the raiders that failed on shadowcrash and the green clouds, we oneshotted. These two were both females, and I have to say I have never met a female raider that was a good player, although they are usually mature, just that they stand in fire and cannot take criticism without throwing a fit.

Quote Originally Posted by Thokh
    Cannot take criticism without throwing a fit.
    This is another factor I've noticed first hand. A lot of good guilds get their not only through player skill but a strict and serious leader (when it matters at least hehe).

15+ Year Old Account

there is no difference from me to an average male player.
    Except you have a bra over your boobs...

No man-bra yet

to everybody giving them shit for being "sexist"

women ARE drama
    there are NO ways around it
    NONE

And it's not the women's fault. It's ours

We simply can't help it.

disgusted to share a planet with you.....

but oh yeah, grats
    Quote Originally Posted by Abolishment
    Eclipsicolossamegatonational? There. I've captured the essence of your penis in one, perfect, 28-letter word.

This thread proved why a lot of WoW players won't ever get laid or come in contact with a female.

amidoinitrite? Generalizations are for failures.

Grats on the kill though.

ok, im going to make this simple seeing as everyone else is dancing around the point. Clearly, they are just a big group of fags, that's why there are no women in guild.

Grats on the kill, shame to see such a narrowminded view, but that's your loss as i know many a good female player, and not all of them come with drama. Agreed some do, but i have come across just as many crazed loot whore retards who were more trouble than most of the female population of wow.