Prot Pally question!

Hi there,
    in our guild the MT is a prot pally, and to say it like it is i think he sucks in choosing items.
    currently we are doing ulduar, and for this i saw him eating the same dmg as druid / dk.. our def warrior gets way less dmg..
    well when i saw our pallys items i saw he did just gemmed stamina which is ok but also wears almost no items with block stuff. well i do know that pally have their "shield block" skill which is pretty good but even if its on 100% is this enough?
    he choose his item by random factors and likes his dodge/parry value. (well i think he would be a better DK tank :P)

well currently we got 2 blacksmithing drops DPS Girdle and DEF Boots and could make 1 Item.. Well he wants the boots and we equip our tanks > rest first.
    Currently he has http://static.mmo-champion.com/mmoc/...t_9722_115.jpg
    Are these crafted def boots really better? Would be crap to craft these to put them in his bank because next run better boots drop or he already has better and our plate melees loose their BiS girdle :

Thanks

Re: Prot Pally question!

The Spiked Deathdealers are quite a bit better.

68 BV Vs. 44 Dodge and half a socket isn't even close.

yay thanks for the answeres.
    im going to copy these into our forum if this is ok.

15+ Year Old Account

As far as I know, the new BS tank boots are Best-In-Slot for all the three plate tank classes. I don't think I can blame him if he wants them crafted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qieth
    I don't do math, blind assumptions work so much better for me.

Boots are good. If you want to know what's wrong w/ your tank, Armory, please.
    Looking for a great guild on Tichondrius?

Martini

First off The Spike Death Dealers, if that is what you are talking about, are slated BiS I do believe. I need to check that as it's been a while since I even looked.

Chron's information is something your tank will most likely want to read himself, and actually do some reserach on it. He really should choose one of those routes. 102.4% is very good for Prot Paladins btw