Thread: MaxDPS.com?

MaxDPS.com?

I was just wondering how useful this site actually is. Assuming you are hit capped in the appropriate areas, are the so called best dps pieces accurate?

Re: MaxDPS.com?

For many classes/speccs, it is really accurate, WHEN YOU ENTER YOUR STATS BEFORE LOOKING AT THE BiS ITEMS.

A lot of people forget to set their hit rating as capped, or expertise capped, and they get some weird results, but add your toon stats (with the new 'Import from Armory' feature, its a lot easier) and yes, it's kinda accurate.

The problem I see is that you can't set your stats preferences, so the 'best dps' items are the ones with the "best stats" technically.

It's a good start, but the best tools are still spreadsheets for now.
    Retired.Main:Gotts.80Warrior
    Retired.Alt:Xarathor.80Shaman
    Retired.Alt:Lurked.80Mage
    Retired.Alt:Cowned.80Druid

I use it very often to find the best items for my class/spec. Lots of items are missing from those lists because many of them are yet to be discovered.
    The only thing that annoys me is that arms warrior section hasn't been updated since oktober 08' ???

ok? :-\

Terrible site. Eight classes aren't fully updated for WotLK, and of them, Druids and Rogues don't have any specs updated. Also not updated for 3.1 and, for me at least, lags all to hell every time I try to submit my stats and get upgrades (I'm talking ~15 min load times more than once).

Maxdps hasn't been updated for rogues since wotlk came out. if your a rogue, dont visit this site, because its horribad.

Quote Originally Posted by Armond
    Terrible site. Eight classes aren't fully updated for WotLK, and of them, Druids and Rogues don't have any specs updated. Also not updated for 3.1 and, for me at least, lags all to hell every time I try to submit my stats and get upgrades (I'm talking ~15 min load times more than once).
    These lags are totally on your side, it's running really smooth for me.

And for saying that they're not updated yet for 3.1... You know how long it is to modify a website for 30different specc at every patch, when the dude probably also wants to play WoW for the new content? It's already good that they've updated it for half the classes/speccs already...

I understand how the admins probably update the classes they play, first. If it isnt updated for you, just be patient or use hand-crafted spreadsheets if you dont want to wait. There are tons of em already.
    Retired.Main:Gotts.80Warrior
    Retired.Alt:Xarathor.80Shaman
    Retired.Alt:Lurked.80Mage
    Retired.Alt:Cowned.80Druid

Summary: MaxDPS sucks.

It's a resource that can give you some information but you should be a bit skeptical about it and use other sites, such as ElitistJerks and www.shadowpriest.com (or if another class whatever good sites apply to them). Don't trust the information implicitly.

MAXdps is "ok" as a quick reference tool, however take it with a grain of salt. More accurate and up to date tools would be class spreadsheets, and RAWR(provided your spec/class is supported). Another decent site is lootrank.com, however that site requires much more user interaction. Basically you have to supply your own SEP values, and it will rank gear for you based on the stats you favor. On a side note i haven't been to lootrank in a long time, i hope it still exists and i'm not sending you after a wild goose.

15+ Year Old Account

http://shadowpriest.com/viewtopic.php?f=62&t=20419

It doesn't get better than this.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!