Thread: Help please

Help please

Hey guys so my guild has gotten seven down in 25 man Ulduar and I've noticed my dps is just god fall after Razorscale, I'm talking 2800-3100. Not sure why my rota is Hammer(when boss is at 20%), CS, Judge, DS,Conc,Exo, repeat. Here's my armory if any one can throw some tips at me please do. http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...rock&n=Nordonn

Re: Help please

Well, you're WAY over your hit cap. That's hurting your dps a fair amount.

And you can't repeat your "rotation", there isn't a rotation the cooldowns cross and clash.

Just hit what's off cooldown and make sure if CS or judgement is up you hit those, don't ever prioritize exorcism. Consecrate, DS, judgement, and CS all get priority over exo.

Armory has bee wonky, if that's your unbuffed AP that's really low.

it could be a bit higher as armory seems bugged and seem to give raw stats

but yes give HoW priority when target hits 20%

for the rest you start rotation as CS , Judgement, DS, Cons, Exo
    and than FCFS, but dont spam on CDs either i mean if your DS is ready for example and your CS is 2 till ready, give prio to your CS.
    If you dont have a feeling how your swinging times go just search for a swing timer addon and try to time your CS when your next swing is about to land.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Adamson
    Armory has bee wonky, if that's your unbuffed AP that's really low.
    yesterday gotten some upgrades in ulduar. now im over 4k ap unbuffed but cant e-peen with it :<<<

but then again, i got 9% hit with the new gear and no other gear to lower it without nerfing other stats :-X

Quote Originally Posted by iktankniet
    yesterday gotten some upgrades in ulduar. now im over 4k ap unbuffed but cant e-peen with it :<<<

but then again, i got 9% hit with the new gear and no other gear to lower it without nerfing other stats :-X
    same here 345 hit rating and nothing wich i can replace now :s
    stats moving around, eventually it will be ok

i have 1400 unbuffed str and armory shows only 1200
    so i asume it only gives the gear stats without your base stats

15+ Year Old Account

dont know what the reason is. but its wierd that if doesnt show other stats correct as well.

and to help the guy a bit at least, just blow anything thats off cooldown

PS: wtb your belt, plans still havent dropped yet :s

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Val3rim
    PS: wtb your belt, plans still havent dropped yet :s
    some1 from another guild has the plan and hes the only 1 with the plan. there are 2 ppl on my server who have the belt. a DK from my guild and me 8)

There doesn't seem to be any serious flaws in your gearing, I might suggest using the valor badge bracers for the time being until you can lower your hit though, as the crit/expertise on it would outweigh the 16str+ArPen since the hit is of very little value past melee cap.

Another small thing is using the 21 agility metagem with only 1 blue gem in your gear instead of 2 is a marginal dps upgrade. You really won't notice a difference though so I guess unless you want to min/max, wait until you get new gear to regem.

Other than that lag+rotation, and likely how you stack your cooldowns with bloodlusts and raidbuffs are probably the causes of your lower dps.

some1 from another guild has the plan and hes the only 1 with the plan. there are 2 ppl on my server who have the belt. a DK from my guild and me 8)
    A level 70 warrior in my guild has the pattern. =p We had no BS in the raid when it dropped and none in guild that were full members so we power leveled and officers alt's BS and had him have it. Got the first belt!

Quote Originally Posted by Val3rim
    but dont spam on CDs either i mean if your DS is ready for example and your CS is 2 till ready, give prio to your CS.
    If you dont have a feeling how your swinging times go just search for a swing timer addon and try to time your CS when your next swing is about to land.
    WTH are you talking about. FCFS means spam your ability as it comes off CD, not wait for another one to come off CD because it is a stronger ability. There is ZERO point in timing your CS with your swing.

Seriously OP, Ignore Val3rim's advice that I quoted. It is idiotic. Some of this other advice is good........not sure what he was smoking when he typed the part I quoted though. Waiting 2s to use CS when DS is already ready......seriously?

15+ Year Old Account

i agree on kuthumii here. the gcd is 1.5 sec. why the hell wait for CS to come off cd? really doesnt make sense val3rim.

that's nerfing your dmg. dont do that!

@Kuthumii: Wow i didn't even read that last post you quoted.. kind of amazed at the ignorance of some people playing their class. It doesn't take much snooping around to learn your classes mechanics. Just so you know Val3rim, they already fixed paladin specials interrupting your swing timer in WotLK so it doesn't matter if you time anything with your swing timer, much like how steady shot for hunters no longer interrupts their autoattack, and.. if you have 2 seconds until CS is ready, it means you have a global cooldown free before CS is up. Not utilizing that gcd is will be a huge dps loss over time. The only time i'd consider giving priority to CS and delaying Divine Storm would be if they were coming off cooldown within 0.5 seconds of eachother.

Replace your bracers with [Wristbands of the Sentinel Huntress]. They cost 60 Emblem of Valor. The crit and expertise are much better than the ArP and Hit on the ones you are using because you are Hit capped and ArP is weaker than Expertise or Crit.

Other than that I can't see much wrong with your spec or how you are gearing. You seem to know what you are doing. Check and make sure you are receiving all the buffs melee should. I used to be the only melee in my raid and it wasn't fun. Having the buffs other melee bring is nice. Maybe a WWS link and we can help you more, but from your armory you should be doing fine.

Nordonn, it might also be helpful if you can provide a wws of your dps, and are you experiencing low dps for every fight after Razorscale?

On a fight like Auriaya, there is alot of aoe going on, so your dps should be fairly high. Hodir also has damage multipliers and buffs, hitting 6k on hodir should not be a problem if you can kindly ask your tanks to tank hodir near the beams of light as much as possible. Hard to give you encounter specific advice without knowing what's actually going on.

Xt-002 and Kologarn should also be much higher DPS than Razerscale. With Xt-002 you get extra damage by attacking the heart and with Kologarn you are attacking 2 or 3 targets the entire fight. (Kolo, Right Arm, Left Arm).

WWS please!