Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: Remember when raiding made you look unique?

Holding an algalon weapon (which currently only drop from him or hardmodes) would make you stand out.
    Nom Nom Nom [NNF] (2 points) - When you Ferocious Bite a target at or below 25% health, you have a 50/100% chance to instantly refresh the duration of your Rip on the target.

Pve makes you look unique. ahhahahhahahah
    Kristiansen - Priest - Stormscale EU

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Amantisia
    its funny read that some people flame the poster of the topic for his oppinion on the subject ^^
    This is not flaming. It's just mocking, if anything, for being so openly about needing someone's confirmation how good you are.

95% of the playerbase logs in to get epic drops and I agree with the poster that its frustrating to hardly see any difference between someone more dedicated to the game and some cassual player.
    Why is that frustrating? Why do you care about the gear of someone else? Does it really affect your gameplay if someone, who you don't know at all, has the same looking gear as you?

Stuff like that makes you simply wonder what the hell is wrong with blizzard!
    To be honest, there is more wrong with people who feel they are entitled to unique gear because they should get acknowledgment from complete strangers of how "special" they are.

How many more posts are we gonna need of this grossly over nostalgic outlook on how good things were before Wrath or BC?

What bothers me the most is most of the people that complain about this have not played Vanilla WoW or never really raided back then. I hated raiding a lot of the time then, could have just been my guild but 20 people carrying 20 other people while they went AFK was not at all fun. Also you think farming and grinding now is bad? The only way you got anything back then was to constantly grind and farm for whatever you needed mats (and a LOT of them), gold, rep, etc. There was no mass of gold where you could buy anything you wanted, you had about 100g and that was your baby.

@OP: Everybody loves attention, but raiding for the pure outcome of people in an MMO looking at you with admiration and forgetting you 15 minutes later is not the attention you need to be worrying about.
    Signature too large...

15+ Year Old Account

I must agree with all the so-called "flamers"... Seriously, do you need whispers about how cool your gear is to have fun in this game? If you want to look special now, I am afraid you will have to get your hands on a legendary
    Actually, we prefer "Ethically challenged" now.

Raiding pre-tbc was truelly epic and unique
    in tbc epic quality became just a color, purple.. not that unique anymore.

doesnt mean i dont like the expensions though

Will T9 and T10 be less accessible than T7 and T8?

Not much. How could Blizzard possibly make it so? In WotLK new content is patched in, there is no opportunity to progress through the tier levels at your own pace and skill level anymore. Once new content hits everyone is bored out of their mind by the previous tier level so continuing to grind the old things isn't really an option. This is also true for players with a severe need of L2P.

Every major content patch works like a pace car holding the more capable players back and a broom trying to sweep the less capable along. And in case players fail to acquire items from the bigger instances there will always be face-savers through emblem gear and WG bosses dropping PvE items. We all know this. No social discrimination by item level will be allowed since it makes more sense for Blizzard from a business point of view. I personally don't like how it is deteriorating the game, but we need to deal with it or say no to their product.

Regarding zsuper's comments

I am the first to support that better players deserve to stand out. The question is what is most important to you, being recognised by your fellow raiders who are likely to know what true skill is and are able to distinguish it by performance not gear, or random people who were still struggling to kill KT two months ago? Looking from my own perspective as a healer/class leader I can have two players with best-in-slot from Naxx/EyE/OS. One is skilled and will keep assigned targets up at all cost through knowledge, experience and improvisation, the other one couldn't keep a tank up in a heroic even if his/her life depended on it.

The availability of gear in WotLK means gear level will no longer be a guarantee for skill, it actually has to be determined by playing with someone or get accounts from player who did. In a way this actually adds to the social texture and its importance in the game, since your reputation and track record as a player becomes more important than the epics on your character.

I really liked the look of the T6 armor as well. And even T4/5 looked interesting for each class. Now EVERY DK you see has T7 shoulders and other items. And so does every other class. I dont know weather im more dissapointed with the fact that the new armor sets arent that interesting looking or the fact that the progression is so much easier now relative to T4 - T6.

I REALLY liked the way the T6 hunter armor looked.

Quote Originally Posted by Cysne
    I remember when raiding made you look unique.. What the fuck, every man and his dog could get tier6, either buying it or a poor raid guild.

Standing around in this gear:
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...moon&n=Eloriah
    From 1.12 when I started getting the gear or what ever naxx came in to this day, wispers still flood in.
    I still get tells when I'm banking in IF, selling stuff or crafting. That's real shit, TBC was the same - recoloured Gear models all over the place.

Go get some new rose tinted goggles please.
    Oh and FYI this thread has been posted since early TBC, ''Remember when epics were reali something when i has my tier1?!?!/!''
    THAT, kind sir, is cool, unique and epic!

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Somnio
    Zsuper, it seems like all you really want is attention. In fact, to me it looks like the only reason you did the lvl70 end-game content was to obtain the items that would make people *gasp* at you. If this is really true (and your posts really suggest it is) then don't mind me asking: Why you seek the admiration of your fellow players? Do you really need the attention from others to make you feel good? Can't you enjoy the game without them whispering you, commending you or hanging out around your character?

If the answer is "yes", you may want to get help...
    you nailed it!

Remember, like others said, we are only on T8, Im sure there will be more content coming for the e-peeners

Quote Originally Posted by Sellest
    I have solution for OP. Give me your character name and server, I will make a toon there, log and whisper you every now and then how cool is your gear and how good player you are so you can rub your epeen or tell your mum that you are really good in computer game.
    Best post in thread so far.

Holding an algalon weapon (which currently only drop from him or hardmodes) would make you stand out.
    This is spot-on. There's more than a few items off Ulduar hard modes that stick out. Just because you don't have them doesn't make them unique
    I'm your maker, not thy saviour.

To be honest you can distinguish very well the gear of the players now that Ulduar is out, 226+239 items are already pretty much rare, just like t5 and then t6 rarity in TBC for your "epeen-o-meter", they all have this new "future-metallic" look wich makes them pretty visible, and I don't really think many people will put their hands on gear from Mimiron, YS, MimironHM, FreyaHM, and pretty much all of the hardmodes in a long time.

I remember when raiding made me look like a retard. Banana shoulders, anyone?

As for the OP, I'm so sorry the game has been completely ruined for you because you can't get whispers all day complimenting you on your gear. Pity.

Ulduar came out 3 weeks ago. You are essentially comparing T6 with T4.

Quote Originally Posted by zsuper
    There won't be anything to distinguish the hardcore raider whose done all hard modes from someone who spends 20 hours clearing Ulduar 10 every week.
    Believe it or not, but there are those of us who prefer a 10 man environment. After running countless hours in BT/MH, I got sick of running raids with people I didn't know. Now I run Ulduar 10 with RL friends and I have never had more fun in WoW.

Just because the loot is better in Ulduar 25 doesn't make it more hardcore.

Quote Originally Posted by Somnio
    Whether or not you are sitting behind your computer while (pretending to be) AFK, it's clear you only do it for the attention, hence why you would not just log out or be AFK in some deserted building. No, you apparantly want (maybe need?) those whispers to feel good about yourself. The raiding itself? Nothing more than the means to get the gear.
    The bolded part is a Freudian assumption on your part. He didn't say that, you put those words in his mouth. It's a forum, things do not have to be the most important things in your life for you to post about them. Quite on the contrary, if I have a big problem in my life I deal with it in my life. If there's some mere little annoyance in my life, I might post it on a forum. Your whole logic is based on the fact that action X warrants opinion Y, which is your subjective way to look at things.

Also, about needing gratification, what did you do with your post? You posted a whole post putting down the original poster for his opinion. Why did you do that? Because by your logic, (and since it is your logic I feel sort of forced to apply it to your situation) the only possible reason is that you needed to do it to feel better about yourself. By my logic it could be you being bored and trolling for the fuck of it because trolls were born of human nature. But since you angled this differently, explain why you felt the need to put down OP's views.

Why can't we just get past this shit where we demean others for liking things we don't understand? Some people need love from their parents, some people needs to be surrounded by friends, some people need to be able to be alone, some people need attention. We all need things.

As for the thread, I agree. But I think hard modes will change things, because now all of a sudden, there's actually stuff that will let you stick out a little. 30% of server populations will probably still have the loot, but at least it's not like today. Let's wait for the 3.2 raid and Icecrown and see how things develop. If the instances keep getting progressively more difficult, Icecrown hard modes might live up to the hardship of SWP, or at least within reasonable boundaries. Before someone goes "Blizzard said there'd never be another SWP", the hard modes can be harder than SWP and everyone can still get to see the content. I'm thinking this uniform trend will change in the latter half of WotLK's lifespan.

Blademaster
    15+ Year Old Account

True, everyone who was walking around in full T3 / T6 at thier respective times of awesomeness will know what it is like to recieve these kind of whispers, and people are lying if they say it didnt give them a small ego boost, however, I dont believe this should be your motivation to get the gear in the first place.

You say gear cannot make you stand out, that even titles make you look homoginised among a crowd of idiots even if you are a skilled player. I fail to see how no-one has mentioned thier guilds yet?

If you are a respected member of a long standing or well known guild (my guild turned 2 years old today, and we have been moving between 2nd-4th Alliance guild on the server since TBC, so we are pretty well known on the server), if your part of this kind of guild, your guild tag should state your level of dedication/skill better than any crappy epic ever could.

this is a TEAM GAME, whether it be 5, 10 or 25 man content which is your forte, the experience of WoW is not defined by the gear you get while playing it, its the PEOPLE you play the game with.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Dragon nipples.

Quote Originally Posted by Necket
    Raiding pre-tbc was truelly epic and unique
    in tbc epic quality became just a color, purple.. not that unique anymore.

doesnt mean i dont like the expensions though

Raiding wasn't epic and unique it was just a minority action...
    Honestly it's because the majority of the player base couldn't be bothered. I don't get "epeening" at all.

Blizzard opened more of the game to more people, win-win. The only people who don't like it are the 2% that still blow through content in the first 22 hours, and those few that suffered through vanilla raiding for the sole purpose of being 'leet" *can you see my eyes rolling*

I wish they'd take that approach with arena, (and they might if the numbers stay down) if you suck at it you basically get nothing, which means those that suck won't bother.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolsteroids
    Onsteroids, Kul Tiras EU.

Thanks.
    Lol, hai!
    "Apples are better than oranges!"
    "STFU Oranges ftw!"
    "I like bananas! Bananas win, everything else sucks!"

Quote Originally Posted by Zylos
    this post is LOL obviously you never played pre bc
    haha so true.