Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Priest level 70-80

Hey

Took a brake from my priest for half a year, and now I'm curious...

What is in your oppinion the best leveling build for a priest. I love both shadow and holy...
    However, most of my gear from level 70 is healing gear with lots of spirit from Kara / SSC and TK.

Good advice is highly appreciated... I don't know the class anymore

Re: Priest level 70-80

disc or shadow are both good now

So long as you get 3/3 in spirit tap almost any priest build works for levelling now. Personally I would go disc.

All depends on your playstyle and gear. And what you would like to do.

If you plan on lvling by doing instances i suggest you keep with your holy build since that will benefit grp healing alot. Disc can work too. But its a bit more dependant on gear then holy to be effective.

If you want to do it solo get some decent dmg gear and read up on what gear you need for shadow (no clue.. healer 24/7).
    Disc is viable too. But i take it your current gear is very much about holy.

Deleted

I will mostly be solo... My gear has no crit at all, it's a spirit based holy gear...

The idea of smiting and holy fire my way through mobs appeals to me... But don't if it's viable in the gear I have.

Could someone suggest some builds? I'm not going holy... I want to either go shadow or disc... melting faces or smiting things

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Phyxius
    Hey

What is in your oppinion the best leveling build for a priest. I love both shadow and holy...
    However, most of my gear from level 70 is healing gear with lots of spirit from Kara / SSC and TK.

Get dual spec and use both?

Deleted

I did 1~80 as Holy and while it may go a bit slower when solo playing, it does work wonders since a lot of people will see you as "the" healer for grouping, and you will get enough whispers to do instances almost 24/7 anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Tea
    Get dual spec and use both?
    What an excellent suggestion for a waste of gold.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Barthilas&n=Strykie

If your going for smite, take a look at this

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#bVIbu...0Et0bbVbZGx:ui
    (ninjaed it from another poster here ;D)

Adjust it for the points you are missing.

As for dual spec, waste of money if you dont have the gear and you should prob only get it at 80 if you need /want it.

Deleted

Dual speccing is one of the best things for mostly Holy priests...
    If they tend to have a lot of need for damage moments

If you dont want to group and lvl trough instances (thats what i did so i wouldnt get bored to hell) go shadow. Dont worry, kara gear will be replaced by the time u reach lvl 73-74 (not all, but the majority). Shadow is very easy for questing, but i think you might find groups harder than as holy.

As ive said. I leveled as Holy and did a lot of instances. You get pretty good gear that way, learn how to play (heal in this case), and can start a friends list with ppl u meet along the way, thus avoiding (atleast somewhat) nubs at lvl 80. Plus, u get like 1/3 of a lvl if rested in one instance.

Quote Originally Posted by Dujith
    If your going for smite, take a look at this

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#bVIbu...0Et0bbVbZGx:ui
    (ninjaed it from another poster here ;D)
    *cough* What, no credit?
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Deleted

For solo questing shadow is way faster.

You can heal instances as shadow no problem, but with dual spec available, it's nice to include a healing spec for those moments.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti
    *cough* What, no credit?
    I said "another poster"....  : bah.. details :P

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Strykzor
    What an excellent suggestion for a waste of gold.
    I would have loved dual specs for my priest while leveling

With 3.1 all your talents were re set pick what you want to level who cares about gear your only lvl 70

Dual spec for levelling is wonderful, especially if you know you want it for endgame anyway - Disc/Holy dual priests ftw!

Be aware though, with a dual spec, only the spec that is active gets it's button bars auto-updated when training. At least that was what happened for me.

Oh and if you have the badges for it, the heirloom trinket http://www.wowhead.com/?item=42992 is very nice for levelling.

smite is a pretty good leveling spec, you can dps and heal well with it. Copy/paste from an old post of mine:

at 70, you start with 31/27/3

and get to this at 80: 39/29/3

71: spirit of redemption
    72,73,74: enlightenment
    75,76,77: focused will
    78,79: aspiration

in instances you heal like a regular holy priest, renew on tank, pom, power infusion+prayer of healing (or anything slow/expensive) for heavy aoe damage, surge of light flash heal patch up etc. you shouldn't have any problems healing.

for mob killing, i recommend this rotation:

pw:shield -> holy fire -> smite x 2 ~ 3 -> sw:d

anything should be dead by then.

for glyphs, smite/sw:d are your basics. renew glyph is good, pw:shield glyph is also useful.

you don't really need duel spec for leveling, as most wotlk dungeons are not difficult to heal through.

GM/Raid Leader of <Air>, Sargeras-US, Alliance
    13/13M Mythic Morning/Day-Time Raiding Guild

Now recruiting for Legion! Apply at air-guild.com

Im almost done lvling my priest (3 char) currently lvl 78.
    I did shadow 10 - 25
    Then i went disc, and really loved it, pulled everything and my mana was neverending.
    Was disc from 25 - 73
    then i decided to try shadow again, and it really went allot faster.
    So now im finishing as disc / shadow dual spec. shadow for questing etc, disc for pvp / instances.
    Ur spirit gear is fine for shadow no doubt, but play what u like
    (personally hate holy, reminds me to much of ***"

Quote Originally Posted by Phyxius
    Hey

holy isnt bad for leveling, i went 70-80 as holy with a slight smite spec till 80. its nice for dungeons along the way.

Artwork Credit: Rayde of MMO Champion.