10+ Year Old Account

I was hoping you guys could help me out

I'm a GM of my guild and I really like playing with our dps cat druid; however, I don't think he is anywhere near where he should be with the gear he has. Could you please review the following material and let me know what I should tell him to improve his character?

His name is "Convert". Here is a WWS from about 9 days ago. Keep in mind that the gear that is on his armory and I will link afterwards has been upgraded since this WWS was taken. He did not have the weapon and I believe one of his other Ulduar loots, but I forget which one.

http://wowwebstats.com/4wi3uglkimgaw...000000025832eb

Here is his armory:

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-t...onvert&group=2

Could you guys help provide me with some advice I should give him without coming off as a dickhead?

Thanks!

Re: I was hoping you guys could help me out

He uses the same gear for DPS and tanking?

At a quick glance I can already see that some items are wierdly enchanted and gemmed. Whats up with the level 70 stamina gem in his boots for instance?

Half of his gear isn't enchanted >_>

If Rip is only 15% of his damage, there's no way he's keeping it up nonstop.

Why is mangle so high? Do you guys not have an arms warrior or a druid tank? if someone is putting up trauma he should NEVER be hitting mangle.

he's letting rake fall off a lot, too. in fact he hit rake 4 times (~36 second of up time) in a fight that lasted almost six minutes.

No dps druid ever skips Naturalist, ever. No wonder his shred crits are so low.

He didn't take Naturalist (that's 10% less damage right off the top). Is it necessary for him to supply Infected Wounds? He put 110 AP on his Staff. He should have put Berserking on it.

Unless he's primarily a tank, he needs to have appropriate dps gear to substitute for his tanking gear. Using gear with Stam gems or Dodge enchants is a bit unnecessary. He also needs to get the Rip Idol.

Also, you have an Arms warrior. Convert can drop Mangle from his rotation if he's able to be behind the boss with Trauma up on the boss. He'd be better off using Shred. He also could have had the highest dps (or at least near the top), I think, of all your melee if he was using a more precise rotation. The amount of dps he did on that fight is about what I do on target dummies unbuffed.

10+ Year Old Account

Could you provide me with a spec that I should give him.

Please keep in mind the following things:

No we do not have a feral bear tank.
    We do have an arms warrior

take 2 points our of furor and 3 out of infected wounds(I assume you have tanks, can all put the effect up themselves) and put those 5 points in naturalist for 10% increase.

No belt buckle, no boot enchant, tank enchant on dps pants, no head enchant, tank enchant on dps shoulders, no cloak enchant, no wrist enchant.

All the bad up time on his dots and overtime on his mangle, wasting energy and combo point generation potential on swiping when there's no need.

None of your druids using faerie fire for your melee it appears, looks like shadow priest died and boomkin still didn't put it up either, could be wrong with the data given tho.

Not sure it's a complete parse, lots of odd data in the WWS report.

10+ Year Old Account

Could you provide me with a complete link for a spec via the Talent Calculator? Thank you for your assistance.

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#0ZvG0...AkbAczb:mpVzmV

Could drop feral charge or 1 point of imp leader of the pack(heal) or feral instinct(AoE) for last point in feral agression if you wanted i guess, feral agression is where I'd be taking points away from if i wanted for hybrid utility however.

Ferocious bite isn't used enough for it to be a very useful talent but looks like he wanted it. I myself would probably drop more points for feral swiftness and survival instincts, neither are essential however.

People will come out of the woodwork to disagree, but I consider this to be a good if dps spec.

Axxey's is good too.

No use for a direct link to a spec, really. It's not make or break, but right now he's missing Naturalist and it's hurting him bad. Like Axxey said, based on his current spec 2 points from Furor and 3 from Infected Wounds would allow him to take Naturalist.

As pointed out, some of the enchants are really "meh". Some I can understand. Like the staff for example, if he wants to use it for tanking too Berserking wouldn't be a good choice. But the tank enchant on shoulders isn't helping him. A Feral Druid can share some armor parts between DPS and Tank specs, but shoulders are rarely one of them because of the enchant. Same for helm, pants, bracers (imo).

Gear itself is kinda good I guess. But wtf Medallion of the Horde? Can't believe there's nothing better he could use in there.

His gemming is really poorly done. He doesn't seem to understand some basic concepts you might wanna introduce to him. (i.e. Can use any color in any socket, socket bonuses aren't always worth socketing a sucky gem, etc) The Agi/Crit gems could be replaced by straight Agi gems in some cases. He could use some more Hit/Exp to get a bit closer to cap, too.

Biggest issue seems to be his rotation. Make him read the forums, or EJ, pretty much any Druids forums where there's at least a thousand threads about rotations.

10+ Year Old Account

Thanks a load guys. You're also helping me better understand the Druid class. It and Warlock are the two classes I am least informed about. Thanks much!

Here's the spec I use: 0/55/16

Glyphs: Savage Roar, Rip, Shred (he really needs to get rid of the Mangle glyph if he's dpsing in raids)

Rotation: (copied from a previous post on which I responded)

1. If you get an OOC (Omen of Clarity) proc, use Shred (usually). (If Mangle is down and there is no Mangle bot, I may use Mangle instead of Shred with an OOC proc.)
    2. Keep Feral Faerie Fire up (only actually use this when you don't have enough energy to use any other abilities). (Note: it may be worth using FFF before any other ability when a mob/boss is first pulled.)
    3. Use Tiger's Fury if you have less than 40 Energy.
    4. Keep Savage Roar up (even with only 1 CP).
    5. Keep Rip up, always with 5 CP.
    6. Keep Mangle up. (If there is a "mangle bot" in the raid you can ignore this.)
    7. Keep Rake up.
    8. Use Ferocious Bite if you have 5 CP AND if SR and Rip both have more than 8 seconds on their duration.
    9. Otherwise, spam Shred if you're behind the target or Mangle if you can't get behind the target.

This is essentially a checklist of sorts. If the conditions for two or more options in that list are met at the same time, the highest one on that list should be done first.