"Best" class to gear via PvPing?

How's it goin

Back in pre-BC days I had a mage that I loved to PvP with. Arathi Basin was the new BG and it was run all day, every day, to get up to rank 10 to finish my set.

I quit for a few years, but now my main is a tanking druid, who gets his gear through raids. I also have an 80 elemental shaman who gets destroyed in PvP, even with raiding gear.

But it always makes me think, when I see someone geared out in PvP sets...

1) Is this a viable way to get gear, or is it easier to just LFG for heroics?

2) Can you gear up via PvP without doing the arena?

3) What classes, if any, would be best suited for gearing up this way? I've got a 72 death knight and a 61 warlock now..

Thanks in advance. I know there might not be a "best" class, but my paper-thin Shaman made me realize that some classes might be better to try this with than others.

Re: "Best" class to gear via PvPing?

PvE Gear is good for burst, but without any resilience you're pretty easy destroyed so PvE gear is good up to a certain grade.
    Pvp Gear is harder to get compared to Heroic gear.
    You can gear up without arena except it will costs lots of honor, so doing arena will be easier.
    Classes dont really matter for gearing up, if you're going for Arena I'd suggest to pick a good combo

Thanks for the info. I'm looking into it more and starting to figure a few things out. Might try and get a team going with some friends.

Quote Originally Posted by cdtje
    PvE Gear is good for burst, but without any resilience you're pretty easy destroyed so PvE gear is good up to a certain grade.
    Pvp Gear is harder to get compared to Heroic gear.
    You can gear up without arena except it will costs lots of honor, so doing arena will be easier.
    Classes dont really matter for gearing up, if you're going for Arena I'd suggest to pick a good combo
    Great response.

Can you also say how much resilience is enough?

I have a warrior that has lousy dps against others and so need to consider what stats to improve.
    I was thinking on attack power and strength then resilience when possible. I am hoping Sta is gonna come along with the gear I get to improve the stats I have stated, but back again to my original question how much resilience is enough I have 385 now. I was told that was way too much and should concentrate more on PVE gear.

Thnx in advance for any help.

doing just that on my elemental shaman atm, and not really having a problem, survival IMO, isnt to shabby, imp grounding totem, Stoneclaw glyph, and some fast totem reactions and its good times.

started with full pve gear, but im startin to see the need for resiliance and major amounts of stamina.