Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: What is the purpose of shadowflame?

Exorte have you even read the other comments on shadowflame useage in pvp?

and no i havent got 1 good idea how Affliction tree's could use SF except they have tons of buffs in shadowdmg... so that "compencetes" through the initial dmg?? im just thinking out load here :P

Quote Originally Posted by Rukadare
    Exorte have you even read the other comments on shadowflame useage in pvp?
    yes but most people think it is not good enough.
    Mine REAl point is it has use, but the effect is not great.
    Of cause every spell have it use( or why have them), it is just is it really good enough to spend the mana (and get close range in this case) to use it or not. (expect the old fire stone)

Exorte you got it wrong, you were supposed to QQ and tell that you would rather get this spell removed as it has no use at all

Quote Originally Posted by Rukadare
    your missing the pve use?

Demon spec on aoe pack ...
    run to the pack --> shadowflame on 4-8 mobs ect --> trigers almost instantly Molten core, and finish it of with Rain of fire.. this makes topping AOE DPS the easiest ever!
    Easier way to top AoE dps: Seed of Corruption

thats really depending on the spec and the encounter imo

I never conflagrate shadowflame...
    It deals so so so low damage for the price of conflagrate cooldown.

I personally only use it when I'm either:
    a) too lazy to Rain of Fire
    b) using it as a burst combo as destro-pvp

Also conflagging of this is pointless, I'd rather use it as a finishing move after a CB.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollfaced View Post
    yes I think its safe to say that brother is mad.

15+ Year Old Account

From a PvE point of view, i find it really handy on the Decontructor encounter when AoE'ing the ScrapBots.

Seed 'em all, then Shadowflame when they are in range - move on to next pack. It works far better then Hellfire as its an instant, dealing enough damage to pop SoC an leaves a small Dot. Sure SoC will procc itself but its not sufficient sometimes.

Leave Portal at your primary nuking position to port back asap.

Other than that there not really much use for an Affli specced WL.

15+ Year Old Account

If some say its so handy in PvE, howcome you can come up with one boss and it's trash as example of its superduper usefulness *rofl*
    Reminds me of how usefull enslave demon was ----> Mechanar \o/

It's crap in PvE, It would been okey PvP if didnt need to waste a glyph on something only usefull when already cought in meleerange.. zz
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

15+ Year Old Account

@ Bakis: L2Read before you start ROFL-Coptering.

Ok the true purpose of this spell is:

When your in the middle of tactics and you wanna show the mage in the raid that your more ub3r than him. So you burp (shadow flame) in his face and to also show him that the spell sucks and so does his breath.

Although the spell is crap the animation is well cool

Quote Originally Posted by Exorte
    MAGE??....
    I believe the point here is that shadowflame offers virtually no utility.  A mage has cone of cold, blink (vastly superior to portal, btw), mana sheild, frost armor, etc... They don't have near the trouble with melee that a lock does.  This talent needs to be glyphed to even be relevant.  Beyond that, if you're facing a rogue you can assume you're snared, so snaring him = you're both snared and he still kicks your ass. So you have to hope that your in range of portal and its off CD...  Anyway, completely agree with the post, this spell need a huge boost before it even becomes relevant.

make it into cone of chaos

Cone of chaos - Burst of chaos energy knocking the enemy back and knocking all enemys in the patth back 20 yards, also causes 1100 chaos damage ?

now that would be awesome

Quote Originally Posted by frester
    Exorte you got it wrong, you were supposed to QQ and tell that you would rather get this spell removed as it has no use at all
    or get it fix like fire stone. ;D

Well in PVE, other than in deconstructor adds; in theory it actually increases your dps if you use them in the right place in your rotation. BUT, not only do you have to use it next to the boss/enemy, but it costs almost double the mana of the rest of your regular rotation spells. So, in the end... no it has almost no use in pve.

If Blizz would just make the fuckin Glyph a minor and make the cone wider It would be much better. Assholes wanna fuckin make shit so difficult with a couple simple fixes.

15+ Year Old Account

Shadowflame is nice but somehwat useless cos I'm already in meleerange and slowed myself.

What shadowflame should is as it is now (with glyph) but also knock me backwards lets say 10 yards. Much like a mini-disengage.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

15+ Year Old Account

Shadowflame, to me:
    Glyphed - slow = win,
    Regardless of glyph, Conflag = Daze = slow = win
    Conflag'd = 2500 non crit, for me at least, which is around 10% of most peoples health, so nothing to sneeze at.

So basically people complain about our mobility in Destruction specs and then complain that our arsenel of instant, cast-while-moving spells suck.

Shadowflame + Conflag = enough room to cast fear or a DD spell or buy you enough time for your teleport.

R.I.P. YARG

The purpose of ShafowFlame is one simple thing:
    Shits and giggles
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    If someone could transform Satan's anus into a potent powder, I would totally snort it.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by rabbimojo
    Warrior:
    80: Heroic throw.. An actual solid ranged ability for the class.
    Dear god I lolled.
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla