Page 4 of 46 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Re: Feral Druids - The Cat Guide. 3.1 Edition

Quote Originally Posted by Paskgotsheal
    Neg. The general aiming point is 50%. Once you get 50% crit then you are ready to gem armor pen. If you can get 220 armor pen while keeping 50% crit then you're gtg. If you can't then you'd get more dps gem for gem by gemming Agility instead of armor pen. Unlike Agility armor pen doesn't have DR and thus only gets better the more you get of it.
    Why does Agility have Diminishing Returns I thought there was always the same dps increase from the same amount of Crit Percent. Has it something to do with the Ap Portion of it or does Agility gieve less Crit at higher Levels? Or do you just men that it doesn't have increasing returns like Armor Pen has?

15+ Year Old Account

No, afaik agility does not have any DR when it comes to critical strike. ArP doesn't have a DR curve either.

The point in aiming for 50% crit before going for ArP is simple: ArP is better than agility, IF you are able to maintain a smooth rotation. If a low crit chance fucks up your dpsing, then ArP won't do much to solve it.
    50% is generally considered a good point when you can assume your rotation is smooth and your CP generation is fine. At that point we talk about what stat is better point-to-point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qieth
    I don't do math, blind assumptions work so much better for me.

Going by the dps points of arp and ap. Wouldn't executioner surpass zerking if you lots of arp?

Maths

120arp*2.01 = 241.2 points
    400ap*0.6 = 240 points

Exec has a 1.5ppm.
    Zerking has 1.2ppm.

Going by this and my current arp, 421rating I am highly confident that Exec>Zerking for me anyway unless I missed some info.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Razrlemon
    Going by the dps points of arp and ap. Wouldn't executioner surpass zerking if you lots of arp?

Maths

120arp*2.01 = 241.2 points
    400ap*0.6 = 240 points

Exec has a 1.5ppm.
    Zerking has 1.2ppm.

Going by this and my current arp, 421rating I am highly confident that Exec>Zerking for me anyway unless I missed some info.
    The 400AP from zerking gets multiplied by 10% from HoTW, 10% from raid buff and if im not mistaken 20% from predatory strikes since it is AP on our weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by Alski
    and if im not mistaken 20% from predatory strikes since it is AP on our weapon.
    Can you confirm this ?
    that be sweeettt
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)

I'm honestly frightened by what is taking place on the BlizzCon forum.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Gzilia
    Can you confirm this ?
    that be sweeettt
    nope guess i was wrong, just tested in game 7563 --> 8003.

nope guess i was wrong, just tested in game 7563 --> 8003.
    miaw

meh enchants are way to OP on my server anyway >_>

15+ Year Old Account

/sad kitty

/sad kitty
    that made my day
    miaw

edit

7563 --> 8003.
    Seems I have a long road ahead of me, even tho its offspec. stranded at 5600 ish ap, 41% crit >_>

15+ Year Old Account

In my normal DPS gear self buffed im at ~ 7500 AP 54.6% crit (with MSS) and 281 ArP. TBH i should go regem ArP but im still primarily a tank

Really good point tbh, executioner being almost as good as berserking.. would save a load of coins

In my normal DPS gear self buffed im at ~ 7500 AP 54.6% crit (with MSS) and 281 ArP. TBH i should go regem ArP but im still primarily a tank
    u should have a tank and dps set/spec...so u dont run into this problem, especially since u want def/dodge on ur tanking gear

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Khraeme
    u should have a tank and dps set/spec...so u dont run into this problem, especially since u want def/dodge on ur tanking gear
    Agi is our primary tanking stat. Plenty of defense and dodge can be found on trinkets/rings/necklace. Agi gives more dodge than dodge rating; defense is not technically "needed" (although nice to have).

Many pieces from Ulduar are BiS or near-BiS for both tank and dps, gemmed exactly the same way (agility).

I'm in the same boat as Alski -- primarily a tank. My dps set is gemmed with agi, because many of the pieces are shared between them.

um, idk if id say agi>dodge, but yes SOME ulduar is BIS for both dps/tank...bracers from flame, cloak from general, a ring or something, but having a strong tank set is better then using a dps set for tanking. U can have a ton of dodge in dps gear, but ur hp wont be close to having gems/enchants and larger stam heavy items that will allow u to take a few big hits in a rare case.

being as this is the kitty thread, ill stop about tanking. but in regards to the enchants, how often does exectutioner proc compared to mongoose/beserking, and which of mongoose/berserking is better?

Quote Originally Posted by Khraeme
    um, idk if id say agi>dodge, but yes SOME ulduar is BIS for both dps/tank...bracers from flame, cloak from general, a ring or something, but having a strong tank set is better then using a dps set for tanking. U can have a ton of dodge in dps gear, but ur hp wont be close to having gems/enchants and larger stam heavy items that will allow u to take a few big hits in a rare case.

being as this is the kitty thread, ill stop about tanking. but in regards to the enchants, how often does exectutioner proc compared to mongoose/beserking, and which of mongoose/berserking is better?
    You're retarded. Can you delete all his posts please? Anyone who has the nerve to even compare dodge to agility clearly doesn't know what they're talking about. Agility has and always will give more % dodge per point. If I see another druid with dodge gems i'm going to /wrists so hard

if u are talking about large amounts of agi, then yes its more...but in terms on 16agi gems?? is it really that much more then dodge?? sorry if im not pro like u, thats why im here getting info from different ppl, seeing whats the best options out there

The Agiodge ratio doesn't change whether it's 16 Agi versus 16 Dodge or 142 Agi versus 142 Dodge. Agility is simply superior as far as we are concerned, so if you get some on jewelry (where it's most common) it's fine but do not gem or chant for it in any way or you pretty much fail at drooding. :/

Also keep in mind that agility = crit, AP, and even armor (marginal, but it still does contribute) not just dodge... and agility is affected by Kings, whereas dodge (as far as I know) is not.
    So even if agility was brought down to giving the same amount of dodge as dodge by itself, agility would still be a better choice.
    Given that agility gives you more dodge than dodge does on top of everything else... it just makes dodge a really bad choice if you can avoid it.

ok makes sense...u guys win...bck to kitty dps points

Quote Originally Posted by Paskgotsheal
    You're retarded. Can you delete all his posts please? Anyone who has the nerve to even compare dodge to agility clearly doesn't know what they're talking about. Agility has and always will give more % dodge per point. If I see another druid with dodge gems i'm going to /wrists so hard
    99.99% true.
    At level 80; 41.6667 Agility = 1% Dodge.
    At level 80; 39.34798813 Dodge Rating = 1% Dodge.
    from Big Bear Butt Blogger

+SotF + impMotW
    41.6667/1.08 --> 38.58056 Agility = 1% Dodge.

Even without Kings, provided you didn't spec like a complete numpty then Agil > Dodge rating point per point.

and then... Agil = crit chance for Savage Defense procs.

Even though starts at a certain point (which I can't remember) Def becomes better than agil as far as dodge, but it's still not going to give you crit chance. Agil DOES NOT give AP in bear form. Someone pointed this out to me a while ago and it's something that people (including myself) can forget.