Page 11 of 46 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Re: Feral Druids - The Cat Guide. 3.1 Edition

The only finisher that can be used at less than 5 CP's is Savage Roar really, otherwise you're just wasting Energy. It's fine if you can't use FB very often in a fight, keeping SR and Rip up has a much higher priority than FB.

The "golden" rule is if you have 5 CP's and still 10+ seconds left on both Rip and SR, you can FB. Probably won't happen very often, and some people will prefer using that energy to Shred beyond 5 CP's anyway. Since the minor nerf on RnT, FB isn't a guaranteed crit anymore and some people feel if it doesn't crit it isn't worth the energy.

i run in farie fire, mangle> SR> rake>shred> 5 combo pt rip> refresh what i need to from there
    Only thing I would say here, if it's not already what you do, is to burn your first Berserk right after the initial SR. Makes it much easier to get the rest of your rotation going. The short initial SR won't be a problem as you will build points fast, put Rip up, 5 more CP's and another SR just before Berserk ends.

Quick question, is it worth gemming for expertise or should I leave it at the passive amount i have on gear? I'm unsure whether agi gems or expertise gems will benefit me more! I've included armoury link just incase!

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...us&n=Cheeselog

You already 5%, and you need 6.5% so it's fine as it is, you shouldn't really gem for it.

short question: does trauma affect shred dmg like mangle does? or when trauma overrides mangle we lose dps?

Quote Originally Posted by qft
    short question: does trauma affect shred dmg like mangle does? or when trauma overrides mangle we lose dps?
    affects it in same way

Strenght 23.8 +/- 0.1 1.41 +/- 0.01
    AP 10.0 +/- 0.1 0.59 +/- 0.01
    1str equals to 2ap exactly. 10*2!=23.8 and 0.59*2!=1.41. Something wrong with calcs or I miss the idea.
    And why FeralAP > AP? Both summarized into a single stat so it should be the same.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by d9d9
    1str equals to 2ap exactly. 10*2!=23.8 and 0.59*2!=1.41. Something wrong with calcs or I miss the idea.
    And why FeralAP > AP? Both summarized into a single stat so it should be the same.
    1 str isn't really quite equal to 2 ap once you include buffs and talents -- think of Blessing of Kings (10% stats), Survival of the Fittest (6% stats), and Imp MotW (2% stats).  So the strength value takes all of these into account.

Feral AP is only available on a weapon, and note that Predatory Strikes increases weapon AP by 20%.  This should also affect any other AP on a weapon, but given static numbers you can't really make that adjustment.

currently sitting at 515 ArP (555 with food buff) with Twisted Visage, when i get The polearm of general it'll put me over 600 ArP, at this point should i drop my grim toll, or regem for some AGI, or don't do anything?

Quote Originally Posted by timarack
    currently sitting at 515 ArP (555 with food buff) with Twisted Visage, when i get The polearm of general it'll put me over 600 ArP, at this point should i drop my grim toll, or regem for some AGI, or don't do anything?
    Regem for Agi so you sit at 566 or as close as you can with out going over.

Don't get rid of grim toll unless you're replacing it with MRS.

Once maintenance is over, I'll enchant my weapon with either Massacre or Berserking. So far I've only used Massacre for dps, but I'm interested if Berserking would be an improvement. Any thoughts on which one is better now?

Some things I've considered: even with the change to Predatory Strikes most calculators seem to favor Berserking as the maximum dps enchant. Berserking improves with haste but I don't have very much haste in my gear at the moment, only 141 rating. Berserking still causes trouble when you want to clip Rip at bosses that have dps phases such as Yogg-Saron and Razorscale? I have a dedicated tanking staff with Mongoose so -5% armor isn't much of an issue. The cost of materials isn't really an issue. Also, I guess Massacre would be better for the e-penis since it increases the stats I tell people when they ask.

What kind of uptime are people getting with Berserking, preferably in exact numbers in a raid setting? Do you think the proc is worth more than the static AP increase of Massacre?

Edit: I just went with Massacre again. :>

Quote Originally Posted by Neba
    Once maintenance is over, I'll enchant my weapon with either Massacre or Berserking. So far I've only used Massacre for dps, but I'm interested if Berserking would be an improvement. Any thoughts on which one is better now?

Some things I've considered: even with the change to Predatory Strikes most calculators seem to favor Berserking as the maximum dps enchant. Berserking improves with haste but I don't have very much haste in my gear at the moment, only 141 rating. Berserking still causes trouble when you want to clip Rip at bosses that have dps phases such as Yogg-Saron and Razorscale? I have a dedicated tanking staff with Mongoose so -5% armor isn't much of an issue. The cost of materials isn't really an issue. Also, I guess Massacre would be better for the e-penis since it increases the stats I tell people when they ask.

What kind of uptime are people getting with Berserking, preferably in exact numbers in a raid setting? Do you think the proc is worth more than the static AP increase of Massacre?

Edit: I just went with Massacre again. :>
    Berserking >= Mongoose >> Massacre

What IS the "agility Range" that you mention at Food Buffs ?
    Should I reach a certain level of agility before starting to stack ArP instead ? Or is the Agility on gear enough. Atm I'm gemming Agility/Hit, Agility .. Mostly pure Agility tho ..

I got 1112 ub Agility, 151 ArP, 481 Crit, 6759 AP (Cat)

I will give it a try with your cycle ( I was doing like 4.5k dps with my own with t7 gears only) But your guide seems better then my cycle.So time to give it a try.
    To be a king, first one should be a man!

suwâyyah Eu Darksorrow

Quote Originally Posted by Madzda
    What IS the "agility Range" that you mention at Food Buffs ?
    Should I reach a certain level of agility before starting to stack ArP instead ? Or is the Agility on gear enough. Atm I'm gemming Agility/Hit, Agility .. Mostly pure Agility tho ..

I got 1112 ub Agility, 151 ArP, 481 Crit, 6759 AP (Cat)
    u want 50% crit rating unbuffed before u start gemming for ArP, also u want 200 or so ArP from gear alone before u start stacking it

Okay thanks .. so gem Agility until i got around 50% crit unbuffed - then start going for ArP ? ^^
    Cool.. thanks

Okay thanks .. so gem Agility until i got around 50% crit unbuffed - then start going for ArP ? ^^
    Cool.. thanks
    try to get ~250 ArPen from items before switching too.

I believe not just unbuffed but ungemmed as well.

Here is my armory link http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...=B%C3%A4dkitty I gem for strength and it does me well. My average dps in on any boss in 25 man Ulduar is 5.5k and as much as 8k. So I guess what I'm getting at is armor pen really gonna help increase my dps? I am a liitle nervous to swap.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Badkitty
    I gem for strength and it does me well.
    You shouldn't gem for strength regardless (since 3.1). Gem for agi or gem for armor pen; never gem for strength. It looks like you don't have an armor pen trinket.. if that's the case, stick with gemming agi for now.

Quote Originally Posted by d9d9
    I believe not just unbuffed but ungemmed as well.
    I was at about 51% crit, 7050ish AP, and 230ish ArP unbuffed when I made the switch. And after I switched I saw about a 100 AP and 2% crit loss, so making the switch really isn't that big of a deal. You're just going to wanna make sure you have Grim Toll or Mjornir's Stone (sp?) before doing it.

It really is a big buff btw, I saw about a 300dps increase after I made the switch.